Mission locked

Yes i can see the password prompt but it doesn't unlock.. :(

Thx

You unlock it by substituting your own password. The process:

1) Press CTRL-SHIFT-C. This brings up the password dialogue. You can enter a password (EDIT: type it again in the 2nd line :EDIT) or do what I do and leave both lines blank. Click "Okay". You have now given the mission a new password--your own (or left it as an empty password if you type nothing in).

2) Press CTRL-SHIFT-D. This brings up the password box. Enter the password you just typed in (or leave it blank, if that's what you did in Step 1). Click "Okay'.

The mission should now be declassified and you can tinker 'til your heart's content.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Some times ago I was so dumb that I wrote small application which you can view password, after saw how we can easly do that like above....

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

It's a detterant to casual gamers from cheating in a mission.

I make quite a few missions and password protect them all so that without going through the above proceedure, you can't view the layout and timing of enemy forces. If I want you to know that stuff, I'll put it in the briefing.

Personaly, I wish that there was no way or getting around the passwords, and that a mission creaters skills could be seen only in the game. After all, what's the point of flying the mission if you know EVERYTHING that is going to happen...?

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes i anderstand too i just wondering why ED choose that way.. you can pick up any mission from a running server host.. on that matter i wished it would be more like il2..

This is maybe a good question to ask for the futur BS and maybe get a fix ( at list for Host/Server mission )

It's a detterant to casual gamers from cheating in a mission.

I make quite a few missions and password protect them all so that without going through the above proceedure, you can't view the layout and timing of enemy forces. If I want you to know that stuff, I'll put it in the briefing.

Personaly, I wish that there was no way or getting around the passwords, and that a mission creaters skills could be seen only in the game. After all, what's the point of flying the mission if you know EVERYTHING that is going to happen...?

I understand your point highwayman, but wouldnt you agree that most military pilots pretty much know EVERYTHING that will happen through out their mission? On the other note, when that doesnt happen, then things go wrong, but intel basically makes ops easier, infact aircraft wont fly without the right intel to back it up, correct?

Having served with the Military, I can tell you that intel is only ever about 80% accurate at absolute best (and that is optomistic!). You may well know that a small IR SAM is at co-ordinates xyz when you take off, but you can bet your ass that it won't be when you're there looking for it ;)

Also, I defy any intel organisation in the world to pinpoint the location of an Igla :)

A-10's (for which my missions are made) are designed primarily for Close Air Support work in a fluid battle area... Lock On unfortunately doesn't allow for anything other than scripted timings and outcomes, so in answer to your question, no, I'd rather people would only see what I want them to see, and let the briefing tell them about what is "known".

Take one of my missions in the upcoming A-10 release. There are a company of Tanks moving on a defensive position. I grant you that you should know from intel where they are starting from, and where they are likely to attack, but you would never know with any degree of accuracy how they will get between those points... In Lock On you can see every turn, speed change and formation change...

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Having served with the Military, I can tell you that intel is only ever about 80% accurate at absolute best (and that is optomistic!)....

QFT

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Having served with the Military, I can tell you that intel is only ever about 80% accurate at absolute best (and that is optomistic!). You may well know that a small IR SAM is at co-ordinates xyz when you take off, but you can bet your ass that it won't be when you're there looking for it ;)

Also, I defy any intel organisation in the world to pinpoint the location of an Igla :)

A-10's (for which my missions are made) are designed primarily for Close Air Support work in a fluid battle area... Lock On unfortunately doesn't allow for anything other than scripted timings and outcomes, so in answer to your question, no, I'd rather people would only see what I want them to see, and let the briefing tell them about what is "known".

Take one of my missions in the upcoming A-10 release. There are a company of Tanks moving on a defensive position. I grant you that you should know from intel where they are starting from, and where they are likely to attack, but you would never know with any degree of accuracy how they will get between those points... In Lock On you can see every turn, speed change and formation change...

That makes sense.