[NO BUG]Runway bomb craters vanish after 60mins.

de.Impact
Go to solution Solved by stratojet,

Runway bomb craters vanish after 60mins.

When bombing a runway with anti runway bombs or any other bombs the craters disappear after 60 mins. Happens in singleplayer and multiplayer.

Im not sure if this is intended behaviour, since it makes any anti runway mission useless. Some months ago those craters stayed until e.g. the map was restarted.

The best thing would probably to add a static 3D damage modell instead of the current bomb crater that persists until the mission is ended.

Repair time should depend on bomb size and type and any additional bomb should reset the timer.

One hour for some Mk82 craters, okay maybe.

One hour for 4 GBU31 V3B deep penetration bombs? Nope, sorry.

The main problem again is that this stuff changes without being in the patchnotes.

Tracks and screenshots attached.

New craters after bomb impact:

WddMNV7.png

Old Craters after ~59 min:

DYYvkxw.png

Craters are gone after 60 min:

hCuQ0fy.png

runway damage gone after 1h.trk

Edited by [de].Impact

image.png

• ED Team

Hi

this is intended behaviour, users had requested the runway was fixable, it had always been on a very long timer, but this was reduced to an hour.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for the clarification.

Is it planned to make the repair time dependant on bomb size/Type?

Maybe even as a server option, so popular servers can set it as they wish?

I dont see any realism in this current behaviour, especially with the upcoming dynamic campaign.

image.png

• ED Team

At the moment no plans, but it is something we should consider for the future.

Originally runway damage took 10 hours it was reduced to 1 hour to help with online game play.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

At the moment no plans, but it is something we should consider for the future.

Originally runway damage took 10 hours it was reduced to 1 hour to help with online game play.

When making such changes for balance or other gameplay mechanics, please have them indicated as such in the changelog. If this isn't done it's impossible to know whether they were an intentional change or just a bug.

• 4 months later...

Any update on making the repair timer a server / client setting ?

Im sure some missions would be way more interesting if runways stay destroyed for longer, forcing a different gameplay / strategy for the rest of the mission time.

And for airquake type servers, you could even set it shorter, so it never hurts their mission design.

image.png

• ED Team

We are considering making it a editable option in the mission editor, but I have no update for you yet on progress.