Shark's Teeth (Or: What weapons?)

Sealpup

Simple question here, but does anyone know what payload options are going to be modelled for the 'Shark?

I've already seen light rockets, Vihr's, and gunpods. I remember some discussion on freefall bombs, but dont remember which way that one went. I also remember Igla/Strela and R-anything being right out.

The things I'm interested in is, will there be other laser guided weapons beyond the Vihr (IE: S-25L's, KH-anything), heavy rockets, or submunitions dispensers available?

The following are modelled and in game:

- 2A42

- UPK-23-250

- Vikhr

- B-8V20

- B-13

- FAB-250

- FAB-500

- A fuel tank

I am also pretty sure that the KGMU is available. The R-73 was waiting for more information and , despite the Ka-52 mock ups, the Kh-25L was considered too difficult/dangerous to be fired (or so I heard). I presume this would apply to the S-25 as well. I am not sure about other bombs (such as the FAB-100 which was routinely carried on Hinds).

• 2 weeks later...
No Ka-50 has ever carried the Igla or R-73 operationally. So far all onboard A2A weapons on pictures have been mock-ups only.

Burr. There is footage of a Ka-50 carrying an R-73 (probably inert) in flight.

The fact is that almost all airforces and most combat helicopters have an ability to carry air-to-air missiles and the Kamov series is no different. ED is only held back by lack of information on deployment and avionics!

Burr. There is footage of a Ka-50 carrying an R-73 (probably inert) in flight.

The fact is that almost all airforces and most combat helicopters have an ability to carry air-to-air missiles and the Kamov series is no different. ED is only held back by lack of information on deployment and avionics!

Heck, that's what I tried to say like 10 times, but they're too smug to admit it. Just say 'Yes, we don't have enough info on the R-73/IglaV, so it won't be in Black Shark' See, it's not that hard to do, right?

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Yes

Apart from the Vikhrs, what other Laser-Guided Munitions will be available for the KA-50 ?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Heck, that's what I tried to say like 10 times, but they're too smug to admit it. Just say 'Yes, we don't have enough info on the R-73/IglaV, so it won't be in Black Shark' See, it's not that hard to do, right?

Well really its GGTharos who won't admit it. But he's quite bright so he manages to keep his position alive and in good health.

I just hope that eventually enough information will be found so that they can be added, or so we will have stingers on the Apaches (thus allowing us to actually test our theories about why helicopters carry missiles...)

Personally, though, I am keener to see the FAB-100...

159th_Viper: There are plenty for the AI, but none for the Ka-50 as yet. The Dev team seems to believe that large caliber missiles could not be effectively carried (either the flare or the imbalance once the first missile has left the rail). I haven't been able to get clear details.

But that is what we have been saying, in addition to the fact that air to air missiles were never actually implemented on the helicopter. The capability is theoretical/potential, not actual. Strictly speaking, it would not be realistic to implement a2a missiles because the real aircraft has no such capability today and even if we make the (admittedly small) hypothetical leap that such a capability would be added, ED doesn't have enough info to model it accurately.

Having said all that, ED has mentioned it's possible this and other "upgrades" could be added to the Ka-50 model in a possible future patch/update.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

CAT_101st and everyone else who is about to link internet sources - it's all appreciated and if you have something interesting, please post it, but consider that ED gets their information from Kamov or people directly involved with the Ka-50. I'll repeat - the capability is potential, i.e. if the customer wants air to air missiles, Kamov will do it and in fact the foundation for it already exists, but so far it has not been done.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

I recognise that ED has the better access to information and will make good decisions.

I just don't buy the statement that the helicopter doesn't have the capability. I have never seen what would be deemed adequate evidence for this. It is equivicable either way.

I have seen footage of a Ka-50 carrying an R-73 while in flight. There is a switch on the stick for an air-to-air mode. Official Kamov documents state that such a capability either exists or is/was planned (as also demonstrated by the Ka-50-2 models and Ka-52 mock ups).

The fact is we don't know for sure that whether it has or doesn't have such a service capability.

All that we know is that it was planned as a capability. Hopefully information will eventually emerge at some point.

Yeah, and F-15's can carry bombs too. ;)

As long as we 'can' carry them A-A missiles too on the Ka-50, be it the R-77, R550 or Aim-9L ;)

Ohh Folks don't exasperate me :D

Ask a Saudi or Israeli Pilot about how to drop dumb bombs from F-15A/C, Americans will say: No way.

but it's an old story :)

http://www.ausairpower.net/Profile-F-15A-D.html

quote:The C/D may be fitted with BRU-2GA 6X bomb racks which are cleared for supersonic release; typically the aircraft would carry 18 cluster bombs or 500 lb Mk 82s on two wing racks and one centreline rack. The gross weight limit is set at 68,000 lb.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=25780&page=2

Moreover: CFTs on the C version

f15c-3.jpg

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

I would like to ask if while flying with the Ka-50 we could call for artillery strike against the targets we want.(I consider this capability as a weapon for a helicopter,a weapon that you cannot see...I don't know if this question is answered somewhere else...)

This argument about a2a weapons on a helicopter keep coming up wow. :lol: Oh well.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

gunz

Hi evyone!

What about GUV pods? With six Gatlings (4x7.62 and 2x12.7) in two pods a Ka-50 can be a grim reaper for ground troops... :devil_2:

Bye!

За всю историю никто и никогда не сумел завоевать Афганистан. Hикто и никогда

Hi evyone!

What about GUV pods? With six Gatlings (4x7.62 and 2x12.7) in two pods a Ka-50 can be a grim reaper for ground troops... :devil_2:

Bye!

Had to Google to find out what that was . . . from a doc on the Hind:

http://www.faqs.org/docs/air/avhind1.html

Gun pods, including a GUV pod that could be fitted with a 12.7 millimeter Gatling gun and two 7.62 millimeter Gatling guns or a 30 millimeter grenade launcher; and later a UPK-23-250 pod with a twin-barreled 23 millimeter cannon. The GUV pod was too heavy and disliked by crews, but the UPK-23-250 pod was popular.

Sounds mean!

But no, it's not on the list. You're stuck with "only" 23mm gunpods and the onboard 30mm cannon :D