[NO BUG]Last update comm1 guard

hein22

ED had implemented a few weeks ago that Comm1 was active on battery which it didn't happen before, so good work there. After last update comm1 is immediately switched to guard receive after loss of AC power. This afaik isn't correct (pilot selects GXMT comm1 in left rear panel to transmit emergency) and even if it was this was so hard coded that if you turn on ground power it goes to guard receive automatically. Track attached. I hope this helps. Thanks.

comm1 guard.trk

Stay safe

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • ED Team

Hi,

a note from the dev, it seems this is not a bug.

In ARC-210 both receivers can be turned on: main one and integral guard one.

Initialization of COMM 1 and COMM 2 depends on ground power supply and weight on wheels: COMM 1 guard receiver turns on and COMM 2 guard receiver stay off.

In the track we see this situation: before ground power supply was turned on (initialization not occurred) COMM 1 can only turned with COMM G XMT switch. But right after ground power has been turned on, control converter and mission computer 1 have been turned on, and then this initialization process has occurred and COMM 1 integral guard receiver has been turned on.

hope that helps

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...
Hi,

hope that helps

Thanks

Hi BN. I just saw this reply, I'm sorry for not answering before. It seems that the bug about going to guard after loss of AC power is fixed, I tried and it no longer happens, so I assume the devs took my report as a bug in the end. So as long as you don't touch the GND Power panel everything in the radios simulation is gorgeously coded with a lot of attention to detail, I tested from the auto band selection (am/fm) to the different guard bands and everything works perfectly. BUT as soon as you request ground power and touch the gnd power panel everything starts going to hell and appears that the code becomes a total mess. Attached a track where you can see all of that happening (the "click" sound is for VHF guard and the "noisy squelch with voices" sound is for UHF guard, then you have a funny "maybe next time" sound that corresponds to channel 1 comm 1). With that the devs will easily see these bugs. In regards to the feedback you quoted from the devs, I'm not sure that's what they wanted to say unless they're wrong about it which I don't think they are. Comm1 is turned as soon as DC power (battery) comes online and channel 1 is automatically selected. This is to help the pilot communicate before AC power (generators) come online. I know these are low priority things, but It would be nice to have these ground base systems bugfree before they start to give headaches to ED. Thanks.

radios system bugs.trk

Stay safe

Hi,

hope that helps

Thanks

Big newy. There seems to be a disconnect between the statement of guard receiver and guard transmit. The first para states guard receiver is on but then the second statement states this restricts transmission to guard.

Generally modern aviation radios have a guard monitor function. This means guard is received as well as the dialled freq. This feature does not effect the transmission freq.

E. G. Radio has 121.5 dialled in. Radio will receive broadcasts on guard and 121.5 but will only transmit in 121.5.

It seems to me the devs first statement indicates the guard monitor function is disabled on comm2. This makes sense as you only need guard monitoring on one box. Thus the radio should still have the dialled freq fully functional.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

• ED Team

I will show this thread to the team for there thoughts.

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Big newy,

Cheers. As always love your work.

To shorten my long post. Disabling guard receive on comm2 shouldn't effect dialled freq trans/receive on either box.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Let's not get away from the actual report in OP please. As a side note, what you're saying doens't really have to do with what the devs said, because we were talking about the radio states when no generators are online and you are describing normal operation for when AC power is on (gens on).

Stay safe

• 2 months later...

Ok, maybe not so much xd.

It seems ground power still breaks the radios if you touch the channels when MC 1 and 2 are online. If those mission computers are online but you don't touch any channel then guard stays off. If MC 1 and 2 are offline then channel 1 is selected. If MC 1 and 2 are turned back off then guard stays on until you power up the engines.

Edited by hein22

Stay safe