OT: Different Nationalities - Different People?

Guest ruggbutt

Guest ruggbutt

Having grown up during (the latter part) of the cold war, there are many of us that have preconceived notions about those that live in the (former) opposing countries.

What I've seen and found out is that some of the only differences are language. Chizh and some of the other peeps whose first language is Russian, have much more in common w/me than there are differences.

I just wanted to say that I find this extremely cool and am glad that I could meet some of you guys (and gals) in forums such as this.

:D Thanks for putting up the english speaking forum too.

Guest ruggbutt

Obnoxious people everywhere. Some get called obnoxious for speaking their minds and not bowing to "political correctness". Frankly, I respect those that would refuse to pussyfoot around a subject and tell you how they feel.

But yeah, if us sim geeks were controlling things everything would be peachy keen. :shock:

the only thing sim geeks shouldn't control is passenger airlines :D

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

Re: OT: Different Nationalities - Different People?

Having grown up during (the latter part) of the cold war, there are many of us that have preconceived notions about those that live in the (former) opposing countries.

What I've seen and found out is that some of the only differences are language. Chizh and some of the other peeps whose first language is Russian, have much more in common w/me than there are differences.

I just wanted to say that I find this extremely cool and am glad that I could meet some of you guys (and gals) in forums such as this.

:D Thanks for putting up the english speaking forum too.

It is also important to realise that we do have other differences as well and it all helps make a more interesting and nicer world.

And if anyone hears some teen-ager in Canada say "I hate america".

Just remember it is a cultural thing, meaning "I dislike the US foreign policy or disagree with the government and am rather young and have trouble expressing it and I actually like a lot of Americans who are my friends"

It is all part of having a strange and different country with ten times your population on your border and who has leaders that sometimes co-operate with people in newspapers who regularly say that our country is going to join the US, even though you like it the way it is, small and yet in some ways big.

These are stereotypes. Which are often wrong... You can find obnoxious people everywhere not only in Russia

I never hear anyone suggest there were obnoxious people in Russia.

It is true you can find them everywhere. Today with the advent of the big city Canadians have become quite rude. Stereo types don't work well, even when directed at the states ;).

Btw. Thanks to cold long winters Canadians have an authoritarian tendancy toward group hugging :), but only in the spring is it guaranteed.

Thank you

I never hear anyone suggest there were obnoxious people in Russia.

It is true you can find them everywhere. Today with the advent of the big city Canadians have become quite rude. Stereo types don't work well, even when directed at the states ;).

Btw. Thanks to cold long winters Canadians have an authoritarian tendancy toward group hugging :), but only in the spring is it guaranteed.

Thank you

Where I live you can hear many things about people from other countries but, like I said, most of them are wrong. Just think what you know about Poland and Poles- many things might be wrong...

GROM- Grupa Reagowania Operacyjno Manewrowego

My experience (20+ countries in europe, a lot of dealings with americans) is that people are people, wherever they are born. Love, peace, and all that s***! No, seriously, let's all be friends and enjoy a good flight sim. The professionalism and dedication of the lomac team in Moscow doesn't surprise me in the least. Kudos :prayer: :supz:

Just get 1.1 out soon!

-------------------------------------------------------

Space reserved for signature.

-*-*-*-*-*-*--*-*-*-*--*-*-*-*-*-*-***-*-*-*-*-