Order Jester TWS lockup for multiple targets and attack them

Pr0metheus

He does that automatically. If you have your radar screen on in the pilot's seat, (bottom screen) you can see enemy planes on the scope. They'll have numbers next to them. 2-1, 2-2, etc. The second number is the firing order. Every time you launch a missile, it automatically targets the next one. Just have to wait till they're in range, and fire. When you fire, the numbers change into a countdown. That's the time till impact.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

He does that automatically. If you have your radar screen on in the pilot's seat, (bottom screen) you can see enemy planes on the scope. They'll have numbers next to them. 2-1, 2-2, etc. The second number is the firing order. Every time you launch a missile, it automatically targets the next one. Just have to wait till they're in range, and fire. When you fire, the numbers change into a countdown. That's the time till impact.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot!

To be clear, it's actually the AWG-9 determining targets and launch priorities automatically but the RIO can override them if necessary.
How can I ensure that I'm in TWS all the time? Can I order RIO from start to lockup target in TWS mode if I don't want STT? I'm asking this because STT will not alow me to further manage other targets.

From the first answer above I would assume that after TWS lockup I don't have to do anything but to fire missiles one by one and the switching between targets will occur automatically?

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

How can I ensure that I'm in TWS all the time? Can I order RIO from start to lockup target in TWS mode if I don't want STT? I'm asking this because STT will not alow me to further manage other targets.

From the first answer above I would assume that after TWS lockup I don't have to do anything but to fire missiles one by one and the switching between targets will occur automatically?

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Go into the JESTER-BVR menu, and select radar mode, then TWS. He will only scan in TWS from then on, and will revert to it after losing and STT lock in example.

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Great hint even though I haven't really noticed that second missile will automatically go to the second priority target.

Phoenix missiles fired in TWS mode require a "soft" lock, that is a track file generated by the WCS. When a radar contact is ID'd by Jester as a hostile, the WCS automatically gives it a priority number. From that moment on, the target is for all intents and purposes considered "locked".

However, if you want a "hard" lock, you must order Jester to STT (single target) the said target. In that case however, you lose TWS capability and become blind to all other contacts, except the one locked. In future, this will also mean, you will lose fire and forget capability for the Phoenix

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache