SP/TOO HARM OVERRIDE

bonesvf103

What is the correct way to use this? As I recall back in the JF-18 days if you have SP PB on, whatever you are doing if you get locked up by a SAM or AAA you can fire the HARM at it without having to select it.

In DCS, is this the case? I see that HARM OVERRIDE is highlighted but it doesn't seem o do anything unless I select a HARM and then fire. Same seems to be happen if I press the MFD to turnoff the highlight.

What's the right way? Couldn't see anything in the manual (since it is pre release I think) nor Chuck's guide or any searches.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

What is the correct way to use this? As I recall back in the JF-18 days if you have SP PB on, whatever you are doing if you get locked up by a SAM or AAA you can fire the HARM at it without having to select it.

In DCS, is this the case? I see that HARM OVERRIDE is highlighted but it doesn't seem o do anything unless I select a HARM and then fire. Same seems to be happen if I press the MFD to turnoff the highlight.

What's the right way? Couldn't see anything in the manual (since it is pre release I think) nor Chuck's guide or any searches.

v6,

boNes

It's part of the HARM PULLBACK mode that isn't yet implemented.

HARM OVERRIDE will prevent the PULLBACK (automatic selection) to SP mode for a quick defensive shot.

You're referring to the HARM Pullback mode, this is the one that allows you to fire a HARM at any point. It's not implemented yet. IIRC, if the HARM Override option is boxed, Pullback doesn't occur, so I'm guessing it's boxed by default now, since we don't have the mode.

EDIT: Sniped

Edited by Harker
Sniped

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

to elaborate on the previous posts, F/A-18s have a feature called "HARM pullback mode" which will override whatever mode you are in if you get spiked by a SAM radar and have a harm on board.

If you do not have HARM OVERRIDE boxed, HARM pullback is enabled. Typically it will put you in SP mode with the spiked radar already designated so you can just press the pickle and call slapshot.

HARM pullback is not currently working in DCS.