FM after today OB patch

ataribaby

After today's OB patch even there is no notes in patch about it seems FM is a lot better. No strange departure with high AOA and take off run is now smooth and nicely easily controllable like in RL take off videos. Also level autopilot seems to be fixed.

I must apologize to M3, there is hope.

I just did a small filght but to me it feels the same. The only diference I noticed was trim light goes off with much less trim and that smooths the rotation. I was already taking off with out any trim so to me it is the same.

Windows 7 Professional x64, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB,

Intel Xeon W5650(i7) @ 4.1ghz, Asus P6TWS motherboard, 24gb DDR3, 500GB SSD.

Hybrid joystick(Base: Saitek X55 - Grip:CH Fighterstick), Saitek X55 throttle, Saitek ruder pedals.

I haven't been flying the MiG often lately, but I have an impression that the plane is more susceptible to G-related flameouts now. During a single, short flight I did today, I got three flamouts.

First two during rather mild maneuvers while dealing with wobbly nose (at about 90-95% of N1 RPM). Third one - I gave the plane a negative-G input for 2-3 seconds (engine worked fine) and then, while pulling the stick to get back to positive-G quickly, the engine flamed out exactly when the G-pointer crossed "0".

I do know that MiG doesn't like 0 G for longer than 1-2 secs with afterburner on, but all of it happened with the same 90-ish % of thrust and noticeably faster.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I don't know what MiG you guys are flying, but since the patch mine no longer exhibits stall behaviour at all, let alone the recently-added tip stalls... at any speed I can hold the stick pinned into my lap with zero danger of a departure and the aircraft sitting stably at 25 degrees true AoA (which is like 40something indicated, the gauge is against the stop). It now feels like it has fly-by-wire - nothing like it has at any point in the past 18 months.

"Easier to control" does not mean the FM is better, especially for a non-FBW tailed delta, my dudes.

Edited by rossmum

I don't know what MiG you guys are flying, but since the patch mine no longer exhibits stall behaviour at all, let alone the recently-added tip stalls... at any speed I can hold the stick pinned into my lap with zero danger of a departure and the aircraft sitting stably at 25 degrees true AoA (which is like 40something indicated, the gauge is against the stop). It now feels like it has fly-by-wire - nothing like it has at any point in the past 18 months.

"Easier to control" does not mean the FM is better, especially for a non-FBW tailed delta, my dudes.

Yeah it's a FBW jet now, no stalls, the FM is a mess.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

All jets seem to be affected, EVERYTHING HAS TRAINING WHEELS!

fingers crossed its an ED promo for the free period.

the unbelievable flying going on right now is hysterical to say the least.

hanging up the scarf until this mess is resolved, its unplayable, with one exception, back seat in a tomcat sipping a big ol' cup of well you know what.

All jets seem to be affected, EVERYTHING HAS TRAINING WHEELS!

fingers crossed its an ED promo for the free period.

the unbelievable flying going on right now is hysterical to say the least.

hanging up the scarf until this mess is resolved, its unplayable, with one exception, back seat in a tomcat sipping a big ol' cup of well you know what.

All jets?

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg