throttle issue

VMFA-Blaze

HI....I've been flying the Harrier since it was first released .. I've always had an issue with the throttles not functioning.. I did have this under control but I took a small brake from flying and just recently have gone back to mission building.... I 've forgotten the sequence to enable the throttle... Could some one help me with this

Maybe a key board button ?

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

The throttle has "Off" at 0, "Idle" at 1, and the rest of the full range at >1 to 10.

To go from Off to Idle in the real Harrier you must simply push over the Idle-Stop. Think of it like a tiny wedge built into the throttle housing between Off and Idle - the upright end faces towards the Idle position and the ramp end points toward the Off position. There is a sliding plate on the throttle (the Finger Lift) aligned exactly with the wedge. If you try to pull the throttle back past the wedge, the Finger Lift plate hits the wedge and blocks the motion.

If the throttle is at Off, if you push the throttle forwards, the Finger Lift plate slides up and over the wedge and the throttle reaches Idle, but cannot return to Off without operating the Finger Lift, as per above.

To get past Idle there is a different mechanism, which is also a Stop, but electronically operated. When the brake is on, the Stop is in place and the throttle cannot be advanced from Idle. If the brake is off, the Stop is retracted, and the throttle is free to be pushed past Idle. If the throttle is not at Idle the brake switch is either blocked or automatically returns per servo to it off position. At any rate, you cannot set the brakes with the throttle not at Idle.

To emulate the push from Off to Idle, you need a button-press.

To emulate pulling from Idle to Off you need a button-press.

If you have an On/Off switch, you can configure it to emulate the throttle being at either Off or Idle.

You can use a different On/Off switch to emulate brake on or off.

If you have a Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, you can put the indent toward the rear and calibrate it to only register axial motion to DCS from the indent to fully forward. If you pull the throttle back over the indent it activates button 29 (to be absolutely exact, the left throttle lever activates button 30 and the right throttle lever activates button 29). Then you can bind button 29 to Throttle Cutoff, and when the throttle if moved to Off the engine will turn off, and when moved to Idle, if the APU is turning the engine, the engine will start.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

The throttle has "Off" at 0, "Idle" at 1, and the rest of the full range at >1 to 10.

To go from Off to Idle in the real Harrier you must simply push over the Idle-Stop. Think of it like a tiny wedge built into the throttle housing between Off and Idle - the upright end faces towards the Idle position and the ramp end points toward the Off position. There is a sliding plate on the throttle (the Finger Lift) aligned exactly with the wedge. If you try to pull the throttle back past the wedge, the Finger Lift plate hits the wedge and blocks the motion.

If the throttle is at Off, if you push the throttle forwards, the Finger Lift plate slides up and over the wedge and the throttle reaches Idle, but cannot return to Off without operating the Finger Lift, as per above.

To get past Idle there is a different mechanism, which is also a Stop, but electronically operated. When the brake is on, the Stop is in place and the throttle cannot be advanced from Idle. If the brake is off, the Stop is retracted, and the throttle is free to be pushed past Idle. If the throttle is not at Idle the brake switch is either blocked or automatically returns per servo to it off position. At any rate, you cannot set the brakes with the throttle not at Idle.

To emulate the push from Off to Idle, you need a button-press.

To emulate pulling from Idle to Off you need a button-press.

If you have an On/Off switch, you can configure it to emulate the throttle being at either Off or Idle.

You can use a different On/Off switch to emulate brake on or off.

If you have a Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, you can put the indent toward the rear and calibrate it to only register axial motion to DCS from the indent to fully forward. If you pull the throttle back over the indent it activates button 29 (to be absolutely exact, the left throttle lever activates button 30 and the right throttle lever activates button 29). Then you can bind button 29 to Throttle Cutoff, and when the throttle if moved to Off the engine will turn off, and when moved to Idle, if the APU is turning the engine, the engine will start.

Thanks Guys .... All of your information was very helpful... I managed to use a toggle switch on my warthog throttle... That solved this problem, now I can get back to flying my Harrier (LOL)

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR