AWAC detecting ground units?

Kiptanoi

In real-life there are 'AWACS-like' systems that use ground radar to track movement on the ground and combined with other sources of intelligence, they can provide quite good information, but none of them are simulated in DCS (yet).

We would need a jstars type unit to accomplish this. Would love it though.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

To bad

You know any good way in to roam the map with the A-10C, and get some bulls calls from a AWAC, so I can practice in that type of stuff, to find target and so on.

(And I dont want to create a static mission in editor, then I know where to find them anyway :P

So I am going to use script to put out targets on random locations so I dont know exactly where they spawn out. And then have a bulls call from a awac that tell me where to look.)

You would need a FAC or AFAC (Fordwar Air controler or Airborn Fordwar Air controler. Some ground units do that but you need to know how to use the mission editor andI believe that there are soem nice scripts for it.

Or you could look for A-10 missions with FAC or AFAC allready in place...

You would need a FAC or AFAC (Fordwar Air controler or Airborn Fordwar Air controler. Some ground units do that but you need to know how to use the mission editor andI believe that there are soem nice scripts for it.

Or you could look for A-10 missions with FAC or AFAC allready in place...

Its not JTAC procedure I would like to practice....

So a FAC or AFAC is not what I need when I want something to call out calls like a AWAC do when and if they spot some ground units :lol:

Thanks anyway :D