DCS World roadmap update

Kate Perederko

Super Carrier Pre-Purchase Jan-17-2019 with EA Release by end of Q1 2020

***Missed*** Excuse***We Don't do major module releases during a sale

Super Carrier EA Release moved to April-15 2020

***Missed*** Excuse*** We are not Happy with the way Multi-Player is Acting,It needs more...Love

Super Carrier New Road Map ....April-May 2020

***So now we're looking toward May 2020??***

:doh:

Patrick

mini.gif

So I guess you guys don't want ED to give us any release dates anymore??

Software development isn't very predictable unfortunately.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Shame about the SC delay, disappointed like others but, not really a problem. Absolutely loving DCS and in VR (very playable) is the stuff of my dreams. Just with a few aircraft there is so much to learn and enjoy! With the mission editor and the community I feel like the play options are virtually endless! Looking forward to extra hornet bits - that SLAM ER is gonna be great fun!!!!!!

So I guess you guys don't want ED to give us any release dates anymore??

nope. when you ask me to pay for a product with a release date provided as a term of the contract, I expect this contract to be honored.

if there is no date at the purchase, then im fine with every delay.

simple, no ?

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

• ED Team
Kate,

Thanks for the update during a very difficult period for everyone with Cv-19.

I understand that you need to keep releasing in order to keep the game interesting/exciting, however with many aircraft still in early access for an overly extended period, the realism/excitement vs value for money argument is slightly dwindling I feel.

I believe alongside or as a higher priority should be the new graphics engine and ability for DCS to multi-thread. Many of us want to fully utilise VR etc and the full capabilities of the game but it's definitely hindered at the moment. I believe with an updated engine and with that, clouds etc, will really enhance the experience for all and take DCS to the next level.

Understand you're balancing this with the release (and sale!) of new modules and addons.

Also as I'm sure you've born in mind MS FS 2020 is out by Christmas (probably Mar 2021 now...) and will be stiff competition (not for the combat orientated guys) but for those purely focused on realism. Hence my comments ref graphics engine and the overall performance of this product as a whole.

By the way, this is the best PC Sim in existence, just stay at the top!!

Just a thought.

Jack

Edit* - also many thanks to Matt Wagner for consistently releasing top quality videos to aid learning the modules.

Dear Jack,

Thank you for sharing your opinion.

The graphic engine has the priority, we are working on multi-threading which we believe will give us the advantage in performance.

The dynamic campaign is also a large and interesting feature for our community to keep busy many users.

We have 4 items in EA stage at the moment. WWII AP will be fully released, we are progressing with F16 and F18, may be it's not that noticeable. The only project that is really set aside is Yak-52. I have it in the pocket and know who is going to work on it and when.

We do not plan to release P-47D and The Channel with pre-order concept and will deliver both at EA stage to receive first feedback and polish them in the right direction.

• ED Team
Thanks for the update Kate. I'm disappointed to hear about the delay especially on the day of release but it is what it is. More importantly, I'm concerned about the issue with frame rates I had recently been enjoying DCS at a buttery smooth frame rate of almost 100 fps in 2K with almost all options on high. Since 2.5.6 I have lost all of that joy with framerates dropping at times to the teens. This is not acceptable and needs to be dealt with long before a new module drops. Going back to stable is not really an option as stable is almost 5 months behind in updates.

The update for 2.5.6 is planned to be delivered tomorrow with our next attempt to fix the performance issues.

I hope it will work for you and we will be able to push it to Stable version.

thanks for the update Kate, fingers remain crossed

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I disagree with your comments. We delivered several important improvements of the core engine for the last have a year. We are reworking the whole graphic engine to cover many issues.

We care about the engine.

I will believe in that when i actually see some improvements, till than i will be satisfied with barely playable vr in some points, becouse i have no choice, i am just passenger on the boat that you are controlling.

But after all i wish you all the best and to stay safe and healthy. Cheers.

Asus TUF RTX 3080 10g GAMING; Intel i9 10900K; Asus B460 TUF GAMING PLUS;

2x32GB DDR4 3200Mhz HyperX Predator RGB; SSD 1TB Samsung EVO Plus

106_47.jpg

I will believe in that when i actually see some improvements, till than i will be satisfied with barely playable vr in some points, becouse i have no choice, i am just passenger on the boat that you are controlling.

But after all i wish you all the best and to stay safe and healty. Cheers.

VR is playable? No? Works well for me.

The issue with the people getting bored of the F18 I see it more of a core sim issue than a module issue as ED is uncapable to create interesting and dynamic content for their amazing modules.

Nowadays, unless you join an active squadron with active mission builders usually your path with a module would be:

1. Read the manual
  2. Learn to cold start, take off, and landing
  3. Learn systems one by one and put them to practice
  4. Do a few preestablished and scripted missions
  5. Get bored

Imagine this but with a Mig-15 where you don't have many systems (if any) to learn. This is why DCS needs so bad the dynamic campaign. That way no matter how many modules you have learned, you will always have interesting content and relevant things to do.

This is the way I see it.

I think you've hit the nail on the head here and I've been through this cycle myself over the years. It's ultimately very disappointing to discover serious flaws with DCS once you've memorised the various routines of a new aircraft, only to realise it was a waste of time as they can't be used in realistic situations. Terrible AI, basic and broken electronic warfare, Performance issues, missing features and more mean the game world outside of the cockpit (and inside the radar screen) is sorely lacking.

Thankfully I've recently discovered the joys of a milsim group.who develop intricate missions, have working ATC, and use humans instead of AI, delivering an astonishing experience. Sadly most simmers don't have the time to devote to this.

Long story short, I get the feeling that the core game needs to be remade from the ground up with 2020 technology if it's going to be anything more than a cockpit sim for most players.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Hope for the best for you all. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

• ED Team
So potentially 10 months (nearly a year) between Stable Updates...

Thanks for the update...but do we consider that acceptable customer support given that we're not simply talking about "New Features" but many, many bug fixes

Incidently I'm sure ED have the data on the ratio of OB/Stable Users amongst the customer base...is that information they'd feel comfortable sharing with the forum?

We didn't expect that 2.5.6 performance issues will rise so dramatically and we o not want to update Stable release with this unstable version. 2.5.6 was released in the middle of February and potentially it may take some additional time to complete.

2.5.5 = 60%

2.5.6 = 35%

1.2 and 1.5 = 5%

I am not disappointed nor surprised. ED has often done this. They often announced a date to shift it. The future will be the same, I think the F18 will be like the F16 only to be released in 2021.

This is why I no longer buy EA modules because it is not for everyone.

• ED Team
Thanks Kate....i was not complaining. I work in IT i know how these things goes. I am just a (old) child who was waiting for the new toy :) i will wait happily if that means more issues solved.

I am happy that you (and your guys) share so many info with us.

Please as many already said focus much on multithreading and Vulkan. I recently tried a beta of another sim (civilian not so interesting for us) that introduced Vulkan and the improvements in performance and fps stability were very remarkable. In particular in VR it went from unusable to very stable and enjoyable with 40 fps stable (rift s asw) and sometimes also 80fps.

In 2d very fast fps as well.

So please as i love dcs and support very much TFC, ED and their partners (look my profile on the store I spent more then 1000 euros on dcs since the a10c was in beta and have almost all fixed wing aircraft released) listen to us and give priority to some of the core aspects of the game:

Vulkan

Ai

Atc system

Performances and scalability (battles with many units)

Again i am not complaining, I really support you and i love dcs and i am happy of the improvements in the latest years.

So thanks for your hard work

We are focused on graphics, maybe we are focused on it more than ever.

Thank you for your support.

Dear Kate and ED-Staff,

I know it's a difficult situation for everyone. I can also imagine how difficult it is to have many open points at the same time and you actually have to ask yourself at this point whether you are pursuing the right strategy. As ED unfortunately has to admit, this is not the first shift, yes it is great that you want to do it exactly and thank you for the transparency, which is particularly evident by you. Now comes the big but. A buyer buys something from the seller with clear appointments based on trust. However, the more often something like that happens with a super carrier, the trust can simply disappear. If I did something like this at work, I wouldn't have a job anymore. Please do not misunderstand or evaluate this as offense, it is just thoughts of a player who would like to continue to buy and use the products. Nevertheless, I ask for your understanding that I will be more careful with ED in the near future.

Thank you for the update, and sorry if i've been to harsh.

I am not disappointed nor surprised. ED has often done this. They often announced a date to shift it. The future will be the same, I think the F18 will be like the F16 only to be released in 2021.

This is why I no longer buy EA modules because it is not for everyone.

+100

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

Hi Kate, thanks for your post !

Just a few remarks in no particular order :

The main “no-go” for me and I am sure for you too, is Multiplayer behavior

Good to see that ED has a quality control plan in place, now ! Go team ED !

will be working overtime to bring you this long-awaited product.

Don't work overtime ; it's a game for Pete's sake, nobody is saving lives with DCS World ! Take time to relax, enjoy your families, eat, drink, love, binge watch netflix ;)

Ka-50 cockpit update was delivered.

And it was great, thank you for that ! I'm back in the Ka-50 seat with a renewed love for this great helicopter. And the sound ! Oh, the sound !

Again, thank you for making our passion a reality !

My live would be so much different without Eagle Dynamics.

We love you guys - and gals ;)

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

• ED Team
Why are ED guys ignoring the Russian A2A missiles? There have been numerous bugs posted about these missiles and none of it is fixed or even looked into, yet, all the focus is on fixing AIM-120s. Just utterly disappointing that you guys dont show any love to the Russian A2A missiles.

We started with the missile we received complaints and detailed information from the community.

We will work on Russian A2A if we'll be 100% sure about information.

We are data-driven devs.

Hi Kate, Matt and Devs,

take your time. From my side, I can wait. Dont excuse that it takes more time.

Dont listen to Sentences such as "...Also as I'm sure you've

born in mind MS FS 2020 is out by Christmas..."

Thats really inappropriate from that guys. It seems to be that Releases will

be faster, if that said to you. Dont understand this guys.

As QuiGon said:

We are focused on graphics, maybe we are focused on it more than ever.

Thank you for your support.

one of the very important things that i would like to mention for the hornet is the drag. please do something for that. in reality this ship is not so draggi !

Fyi

F/A-18C maximum speed at level flight in altitudes of 36,089 ft. Mach 1.7. Here in DCS does not exist that ! Do something for that please

Edited by AEOLUS#3

Why are you guys so vsge regarding damage modeling and ww2 assets, those two had been delayed for literally years and we have 0 updates, all you guys say is that it is coming soon, please give more info, details and everything like you guys do with the viper and f18

Don't work overtime ; it's a game for Pete's sake, nobody is saving lives with DCS World !

:thumbup:

Indeed, some people here seem to forget that and act like we just discovered that the end of the world is near...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg