DCS World roadmap update

Kate Perederko

It's most transparent post to date.Thank you for that.

As i'm willing to complain about few additions which i was expecting to happen ''yesterday'', i'd rather give no comment about the deadlines.

As a user/customer i expect that all the list's been done in a day so finally we have somehow a complete product - everybody has it's own complete definition in dictionary i guess-, but that's not how things work in real life is it?..

Take care of yourselves.

I would reater preffer a Single Player release today and a Multiplayer release in the Future, but now we have to wait

Although I like the transparency of the news, I also doubt about the truth..

I play Single Player most of the time. So why wait, if there are only Multiplayer issues?

Everybody could test Single Player and maybe get you bugreports and more feedback.

I am not a developer for sure. And don't get me wrong. Take your time. The sim is a great piece of work as it is.

But this decision I can't understand. Maybe someone can explain.

Edited by Muellerman

Thanks!

Thank you for the comments. The multiplayer community grows and we would like to cover all cases and deliver stable product for everyone.

We do not want to restrict the usage of the SC in multiplayer.

Hornet will be released this year.

I am 100% single-player and as many of us, I too was waiting since the first announcement. I can wait longer as needed.

Fixing code for multiplayer is important to many people I understand, but ED having more time before EA also means time to de-bug the single-player side of things, and also maybe HB will have more time to fully support Tomcat as well.

While anticipated from previous Wags bug list post, this seems like a good move ED.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

What exactly is the problem with mulitplayer and the supercarrier?

Desync... a very tough nut to crack, and I doubt there will be a solution. Compromise would be to force MP SC to be static.

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

Thanks Kate and team. A very open and honest outlook over the next couple of months. It is very much appreciated.

Re SC delay: Even though I am 100% SP, I understand the MP community deserves a usable SC just as I do, so no harm. I trust the team will find solutions to the problems at hand. And in the meantime...I still have a Stennis I can fly my Hornet off from:smilewink:

Let‘s hope the team will be able to deliver as (close as possible to) your planning. Frankly and if you allow me to say, the short term items for the Hornet alone look pretty ambitious to me (Litening complete, JDAM DLZs ... AND a first mode for the A/G radar!) But I will take this as an indication that the development of these features has advanced a lot recently and is basically in the final phases.

Keep up the good work! And much more important these days: Stay safe.

Christian

Are you serious about F18's plan for April?! In fact, F18 has been released for two years, but it is still not completed. According to the past development efficiency that we are familiar with. In two weeks, it's unbelievable to finish the work. Is it just another plan, without any commitment?

Dear ED,

your sim is awesome, however, it seems that you’re facing a lot of difficulties mostly due to the lack of stuff I guess. You’re announcing a lot of cool projects and improvements but a lot of people already understood that it takes years for you to implement them. Early access for a lot of modules is unreasonable long. I’ve seen messages on this forum where people were saying that they have got everything from F/A-18c and it’s not interesting for them anymore, and it’s still in the EA. I suppose you should not offer the pre-order for modules for which you don’t really know the EA date, or you should compensate people who bought the pre-order in such cases like today by ED miles for example.

Thank you for keeping the communication honest, transparent and detailed, it's something we always missed before, it's new and exciting and helps manage a lot of our questions.

No matter how much folks are upset, it's always because they want these products and dreams you give.

Good luck dodging the virus, keep well!

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

DCS: Supercarrier

We have been working hard towards the announced release date of April 15th. Sadly, we were unable to work through all the issues in order to ensure a satisfactory Early Access release.

The main “no-go” for me and I am sure for you too, is Multiplayer behavior which still suffers from certain non-game breaker bugs which were confirmed on Saturday, April 11th. Today we have a new plan and will be working overtime to bring you this long-awaited product. I actively follow the threads, in particular “April 15th 2020” and I understand how disappointed you are, but I am confident you will agree that Multiplayer needs a bit more love.

Unpopular opinion incoming.

One of my main concerns about DCS World those past years has been sticking to release dates and then lugging various bugs and uncomplete features for quite a long time. I prefer a well shaped product released a bit later than frustration and thousands of acid forum/Reddit posts about a seedy one released on D day. Good move IMHO, thank you for that.

And I just can't agree with people saying visual features are a top priority. Sorry guys but flying in wonderful skies while dropping shitty bombs with no blast nor shrapnel doesn't make any sense in a combat simulator (the C and the S in DCS).

Dear ED,

your sim is awesome, however, it seems that you’re facing a lot of difficulties mostly due to the lack of stuff I guess. You’re announcing a lot of cool projects and improvements but a lot of people already understood that it takes years for you to implement them. Early access for a lot of modules is unreasonable long. I’ve seen messages on this forum where people were saying that they have got everything from F/A-18c and it’s not interesting for them anymore, and it’s still in the EA. I suppose you should not offer the pre-order for modules for which you don’t really know the EA date, or you should compensate people who bought the pre-order in such cases like today by ED miles for example.

Fully agree with you

Great update. My thanks.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

thanks for the update Kate

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Well, thanks ED too, but....its 3rd time delay for the Supercarrier.

First it had to be ready in the end of Q3 (end of March).

After that it was cancelled for 15th April.

And now its cancelled again.

I appreciate your work, and there are no doubt, that ED`s modules are best simulators.

But there are something totally wrong in your EA products. Its always delays, waiting for years for unfinished modules....

I hope you will find the right way to fix that.

And in the end, Stay safe and keep working.

Thanks.

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

Kate,

Appreciate the update.

Bitterly disappointed with the ATC update schedule though. This has supposedly been in development for literally years and is core to a proper flight sim for me personally.

Anyway, thanks again and stay safe!

Kind Regards,

Gary

Yeah bro agtreed, but that wont get them money and they just doing half playable modules for fast money and dont give a shit for core features. See what state of vr is today: UNPLAYABLE, but who cares, they will announce some new module soon and make us to forget our pin in the back. But there no reasons for us to not be haply and enjoy with shits that we have. Stay safe and well :smilewink:

Asus TUF RTX 3080 10g GAMING; Intel i9 10900K; Asus B460 TUF GAMING PLUS;

2x32GB DDR4 3200Mhz HyperX Predator RGB; SSD 1TB Samsung EVO Plus

106_47.jpg

@Flamin_Squirrel. I have not posted here in a *long* time and simply play DCS World and read about the progress / roadmap on this forum. I agree that posts should never get personal but defending the Devs because of all the hard work that is put into our beloved sim is, IMHO more than warranted ! Been playing (mostly the stable version) for many years and was also and always looking forward for "the next big thing" but never doubted the dedication of the team (or 1C ? IL-2 GB Devs of which I am also a big fan). I myself have been a software Ir all my life (not gaming software though) and can assure you all that this job is not at all easy ... as some may believe !???

Thank You ED team !

Thank you Kate and team for this update.

As a customer since 2003, I can say that your continuous commitment to this great product and flight-sim genre as a whole is inspiring.

Without ED and its partners, flight-sim genre would be a very empty place.

Stay safe & healthy during these trying times and thank you for all your hard work.

Dear ED,

The issue with the people getting bored of the F18 I see it more of a core sim issue than a module issue as ED is uncapable to create interesting and dynamic content for their amazing modules.

Nowadays, unless you join an active squadron with active mission builders usually your path with a module would be:

1. Read the manual
  2. Learn to cold start, take off, and landing
  3. Learn systems one by one and put them to practice
  4. Do a few preestablished and scripted missions
  5. Get bored

Imagine this but with a Mig-15 where you don't have many systems (if any) to learn. This is why DCS needs so bad the dynamic campaign. That way no matter how many modules you have learned, you will always have interesting content and relevant things to do.

This is the way I see it.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

First of all, thank you for not preferring Hoggit over ED's official forum for an official update. It kind of missed the point last time, no matter how important that message of yours was.

As for the update itself, these are all good news, basically saying ED is aiming towards quality not quantity. Like I said, I prefer to wait for good updates, than receive bugged, memory leaking dumpster fires.

Edited by BlueAngel

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

Thank you very much for this info.

Really appreciate the open view to ED's work and release plans!

This is the kind of info we need on a regular basis :thumbup:

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

Well, thanks ED too, but....its 3rd time delay for the Supercarrier.

First it had to be ready in the end of Q3 (end of March).

After that it was cancelled for 15th April.

And now its cancelled again.

I appreciate your work, and there are no doubt, that ED`s modules are best simulators.

But there are something totally wrong in your EA products. Its always delays, waiting for years for unfinished modules....

I hope you will find the right way to fix that.

Easy fix: Don't announce any kind of release dates anymore. We were at this point in the past and I hated it...

I prefer having release dates that get delayed over not having release dates at all.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Kate,

Thanks for the update during a very difficult period for everyone with Cv-19.

I understand that you need to keep releasing in order to keep the game interesting/exciting, however with many aircraft still in early access for an overly extended period, the realism/excitement vs value for money argument is slightly dwindling I feel.

I believe alongside or as a higher priority should be the new graphics engine and ability for DCS to multi-thread. Many of us want to fully utilise VR etc and the full capabilities of the game but it's definitely hindered at the moment. I believe with an updated engine and with that, clouds etc, will really enhance the experience for all and take DCS to the next level.

Understand you're balancing this with the release (and sale!) of new modules and addons.

Also as I'm sure you've born in mind MS FS 2020 is out by Christmas (probably Mar 2021 now...) and will be stiff competition (not for the combat orientated guys) but for those purely focused on realism. Hence my comments ref graphics engine and the overall performance of this product as a whole.

By the way, this is the best PC Sim in existence, just stay at the top!!

Just a thought.

Jack

Edit* - also many thanks to Matt Wagner for consistently releasing top quality videos to aid learning the modules.

Edited by Coollimes