A big thank you for the hard work tonight

Larkis

Still the 14th Pacific Time, so I won't get discouraged for another 15 hours or so.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

+1

1986 to 2000 as a software engineer at Sun Microsystems it seemed I only had to debug memory leaks the night before a deadline so I understand the pressure you're all under. SC will be a major achievement whenever it drops, stay safe and keep up the great work :thumbup:

Alienware Area-51M: i7-9700K, 165Hz 27" ASUS Swift PG279 IPS with G-SYNC, 32GB DDR4 Ram, 1TB M.2 PCie x4 SSD, 1TB SSHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6, Windows 10, CH Eclipse...

Check out my fictional F/A 18-C Hornet and Su33 Flanker skins at: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=WytchCrypt&set_filter=Y

+1

Thank you, good luck, and don't panic!

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

+1 :beer:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Totally agree. Dont get thrown off by one person saying they are turning their back on DCS because of all the delays, eternal beta's etc. You lose some, you gain some. The user base has grown incredibly over the past 2 years and I am sure it will continue to do so, because you are the best at what you do ED.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

I have flown flight sims since there were flight sims.

ED, DCS and their third party partners have taken us to places we would otherwise still be wishing for and dreaming of!

Thank you and salute!

| FC3 | KA-50 | A-10C | MIG-21Bis | F-86F | UH-1H | HAWK T.1A | F/A-18C | AV-8B N\A | F-14B | F-16C | AJS-37 | CA | NEVADA | PERSIAN GULF | SUPER CARRIER | SYRIA

Maybe cause i am also a software developer. I know what it means to crunch the final day before release. When there is that last sucker of a blocker bug which dont go away. When you have a perfect branch and the merge into master produce dozens of merge conflicts killing the release plan in the last 10 minutes before cheduled release.

I know how it feels. And cause of that a BIG THANK YOU from me. I really appriciate that the developer don't go the easy way and just delay it. I appriciate that they work trough the night to get it done. For us. For your community.

Sadly there are a lot childich impatient persons around but be sure that not everyone is like this and i hope there are enough persons wo acknowledge the effort you put into this module this night.

I wish you a good hunt and a well sleep after the crunch is over. I can wait until its done. Maybe tomorrow, maybe next week? I waited so long, i can wait a little bit longer.

Greetings

Larkis

Here here sir! I am also a developer and agree with 100%. People don't realise the effort that goes into a release. Professional development isn't all about code. It is its management, testing and packaging to ensure what we get works as well as it can. I was working my way through 10,000+ lines of code yesterday looking for something. Development is about determination and not a little tedious. So to the ED developers here is my :thumbup: keep it up chaps.

Totally disagree.

Any crunch time is bad for employees health and well being. I am also a software developer with 20 years experience under my belt. I've seen bad management where devs are forced to work long hours. The result, shoddy work and the team end up not caring about their work because all they want to do is go home.

Just do the hours, but don't worry if you cant get all the work you want to within those hours. Theres always tomorrow and the hoards can wait.

Wellbeing and health comes before everything else.

That being said, the Super carrier looks awesome and I cant wait.

I have flown flight sims since there were flight sims.

ED, DCS and their third party partners have taken us to places we would otherwise still be wishing for and dreaming of!

Thank you and salute!

What this guy said!! 1983 first “flight sim” for me, just look at where we’ve come. Remarkable keep it up keep safe and keep smiling all the DCS team and players all around the globe, See ya on the ship ????