New StreamDeck Plugin

Last post (above) shouldn't matter.

There probably isn't a discrepancy in the f-14 export file.

I thought the original files posted were for the f14 but were for the a-10

I didn't see the f-14 files when I made these posts for some reason, but now they are showing up <shrug>

Anyways, We'll assume that the f-14 script provided by Chackal works and go with the first iteration of the code with id's 2117, 6010 and 6020, not 88,89,90

This definitely confused me as I assumed the f-14 mod would (and did) define the mainPanelDevice array or table variables) I just chalked it up to a portion of the script or mod that I hadn't fully explored. I'm glad my original understanding of the module hasn't changed. Sorry for the confusion.

Also, to correct looks like Chackal did follow convention, and again nice work. It's time-consuming. I apologize for any error or omissions that are made due to assumptions, but its tough to work blind without the f-14 files or mod or dcs at all as I'm not at home when typing this, so again apologies in advance.

I use the Id 2117, 6010 and 6020

Here is what i have. It seems not working.

https://public.joomeo.com/files/5ed67f0c89b50

Re: F-14B.lua

Hrm. So attempting to model something simple, the Hydraulic Transfer Pump Switch Cover, I find some curious behavior happening.

If I set one button to a simple switch, you'd think the switch would simply go back and forth from 1 to 0, or 1.0 to 0.0.

However...

In looking at the raw data, it appears to 'pulse' back and forth from 1 to 1.0.

Which I'm guessing it shouldn't do, since I'm not doing anything.

HYDRAULICS (12) | ButtonID 3002 | PNT: 630 | TUMB | DCS ID 630 | Click value 1 | Lim Min 0 | Lim Max 1 | Hydraulic Transfer Pump Switch Cover

If I set it to a rotary that allows cycling, it works--but then pulses between 0.0 and 0, press again and it's back to 1.0 and 1.

Is the variable type changing with the polling of the StreamDeck?

Edited by slaintemaith

Hrm. So attempting to model something simple, the Hydraulic Transfer Pump Switch Cover, I find some curious behavior happening.

If I set one button to a simple switch, you'd think the switch would simply go back and forth from 1 to 0, or 1.0 to 0.0.

However...

In looking at the raw data, it appears to 'pulse' back and forth from 1 to 1.0.

Which I'm guessing it shouldn't do, since I'm not doing anything.

HYDRAULICS (12) | ButtonID 3002 | PNT: 630 | TUMB | DCS ID 630 | Click value 1 | Lim Min 0 | Lim Max 1 | Hydraulic Transfer Pump Switch Cover

If I set it to a rotary that allows cycling, it works--but then pulses between 0.0 and 0, press again and it's back to 1.0 and 1.

Is the variable type changing with the polling of the StreamDeck?

Try with this corrected file.

F-14B.lua

I use the Id 2117, 6010 and 6020

Here is what i have. It seems not working.

https://public.joomeo.com/files/5ed67f0c89b50

Thanks for testing phoenix.

I'll update the file and give you something else to test. Hopefully tonight

Modules: Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Nevada | Supercarrier | WWII Assets | FC3 | Spitfire | P-51D | P-47D | F-86F | L-39 | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | A-10C | F-14B | A-4E-C | BS2

System: X570 AMD-3900X | 32GB DDR4 3000 | 2TB Gen 4x4 5GB/s NVME | Dual 1070 TI | 4k 32" Samsung

Re: F-14B.lua HYDRAULICS (12) | ButtonID 3002 | PNT: 630 | TUMB | DCS ID 630 | Click

Try with this corrected file.

Thanks for the hasty repair!

So now it appears steady--the switching between integer and single place decimals have stopped, and works fine in Rotary and Incremental inputs, but not with a switch--which is something it certainly seems like it *should* work with, as there's only two values: 0 or 1 with an increment of -1 or 1 respectively.

It works only in one direction presently.

Mind you, I'm only using this switch for test because it seems an easy thing to try to make work; I'm not desperately needing my StreamDeck to open a switch cover. =)

Edited by slaintemaith

just for reference, I made a mistake in the file I attached above. (a bit tough without the f-14 mod and on top of that in the middle of inventory at work, so I'm doing this on breaks without a copy of dcs or it's files in front of me)

Essentially if you followed along and did the code it would be correct, but I didn't do those changes in chackals file myself (to do with the .1 to .4 decimal places) because I didn't need to follow along my own code, but anyways, correct version attached for the follow along in this post is attached,

I will add another file that will test all the fuel variables soon.

try attached script with ids 2600, 2601 and 2602

F-14B.lua

Edited by nosaMtrevoC

Modules: Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Nevada | Supercarrier | WWII Assets | FC3 | Spitfire | P-51D | P-47D | F-86F | L-39 | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | A-10C | F-14B | A-4E-C | BS2

System: X570 AMD-3900X | 32GB DDR4 3000 | 2TB Gen 4x4 5GB/s NVME | Dual 1070 TI | 4k 32" Samsung

When I created the F-14 script, duplicates appeared. I never sorted them out. I was too afraid something would go wrong.

If you encounter numbers that fluctuate by themselves, do a DCS ID number search and check that the format ("%.4f", "%0.1f", "%1d", etc) is the same and correct accordingly.

This solves most display problems.

Edited by Chacal_IX

nosaMtrevoC, Heya, if it means getting a slick streamdeck profile for the Tomcat, I'm happy to gift you a copy of the module? Just PM me. Warning, once you go 'Cat, you can't go back!

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

just for reference, I made a mistake in the file I attached above. (a bit tough without the f-14 mod and on top of that in the middle of inventory at work, so I'm doing this on breaks without a copy of dcs or it's files in front of me)

Essentially if you followed along and did the code it would be correct, but I didn't do those changes in chackals file myself (to do with the .1 to .4 decimal places) because I didn't need to follow along my own code, but anyways, correct version attached for the follow along in this post is attached,

I will add another file that will test all the fuel variables soon.

try attached script with ids 2600, 2601 and 2602

It doesn't work.

Here is what i have using your last F14.lua and the ID 2600, 2601, 2602

https://public.joomeo.com/files/5ed7dd84888fa

5ed7dd84888fa

Hey Phoenix, Those are actually the type of numbers we are looking for.

make the font smaller in the stream deck and see how they relate to the fuel.

e.g.

in the p-51, 0.15023 might mean 15,000'

this is where testing is important, and frustrating without the module. It could still be the fuel values, but for instance int he p-51 the value 0.9880 means the fuel tank has 92 gallons of fuel left, while the value 0.25 means you have 5 gallons left. It's not linear, nor does it make sense at first glance. It's actually relative to the needle position of the fuel gauge which needs to be translated via another function.

To do this I usually chart the fuel information by looking at the guage and then the stream deck value and charting the values with the gauge vales as the fuel drops.

If you fly the f-14 on afterburner and then speed up time (really fast) and put it on active pause, you should see a decrease in fuel on screen, and with this number displayed on stream deck.

This of course assumes a lot. First and foremost that these values are correct from the used f-14 exportscript and that we got the correct values from that script to use for fuel.

Hi guys,

Just got my Streamdeck XL, very excited about all these new possibilities !

Charles, thanks for your hard work on this plugin, well written and extremely well documented.

As a quick hop into the Streamdeck configuration editing circus, is there any profiles already prepared that I can use as a basis or an inspiration ?

I'm mainly flying A10, F18 and AV8, and a bit of F16 and KA50.

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

P-47D ID Lookup

I made a simple 3 item export file for P-47 to use for testing,and when checking it with DCS comms, the values will change. That part is good.

But the ID Lookup shows nothing.

Now for the weird part. Thinking maybe that the DCS plugin didn't like the double "-" as in P-47D-30, I renamed the Dir to P-47D,.nope that didn't work.

So on a whim I made a backup copy of my TF-51D Dir, coped all the P-47D-30 stuff to the TF-51 and I'll be .. ID lookup showed all the P-47 items.

Of course I can't fly it this way, so I put everything back the way it was supposed to be.

My question is how do I get the plugin to recognize the P-47D-30, without all the tricks ?

Thanks

P-47-30.thumb.png.ad08d8bff0ae5e244efa00558b2417d9.png

P-47D.thumb.png.fce90dfa799224fb8e7f741e744376dc.png

p47_tf_51.thumb.png.d878b945bbac0f8f7bdc660abeb9bab4.png

nosaMtrevoC, Heya, if it means getting a slick streamdeck profile for the Tomcat, I'm happy to gift you a copy of the module? Just PM me. Warning, once you go 'Cat, you can't go back!

I'm with you to participate if NosaMtrevoc is Ok.

this is where testing is important, and frustrating without the module. It could still be the fuel values, but for instance int he p-51 the value 0.9880 means the fuel tank has 92 gallons of fuel left, while the value 0.25 means you have 5 gallons left. It's not linear, nor does it make sense at first glance. It's actually relative to the needle position of the fuel gauge which needs to be translated via another function.

To do this I usually chart the fuel information by looking at the guage and then the stream deck value and charting the values with the gauge vales as the fuel drops.

If you fly the f-14 on afterburner and then speed up time (really fast) and put it on active pause, you should see a decrease in fuel on screen, and with this number displayed on stream deck.

This of course assumes a lot. First and foremost that these values are correct from the used f-14 exportscript and that we got the correct values from that script to use for fuel.

Here is a video but it's hard for me to find something with that:

about to look at the vid.

That's very generous of you guys (gunslinger and phoenix), I hate accepting anything from people, but I just more of a WWII bird fan (and GA aircraft).

If you guys want to arrange that, I would go ahead and make a full export script with special buttons like I did with the p-51 and a streamdeck profile for you.

I do enjoy programming, so programming for dcs and this community would be fine by me.

just watched that video, hmmm your right the relation of the two isn't obvious.

Would have to test a lot more of the different fuel variables available including a number of them combined.

I'll pause for a moment to see if I can acquire the f-14 mod before continuing here. That would make the testing much easier as I could go back and forth myself and am familiar with the wierd types of numbers dcs spits out.

On a side note I noticed you have Star Citizen also Phoenix. I was a SC fan a long time ago, havn't been into it for a while, but was involved in the initial round of funding.

about to look at the vid.

That's very generous of you guys (gunslinger and phoenix), I hate accepting anything from people, but I just more of a WWII bird fan (and GA aircraft).

If you guys want to arrange that, I would go ahead and make a full export script with special buttons like I did with the p-51 and a streamdeck profile for you.

I do enjoy programming, so programming for dcs and this community would be fine by me.

I contact Gunslinger to see how we do for the F14. I don't know if we can buy as a gift on DCS store. :smilewink:

About starcitizen, i'm an initial backer too. You should go an look what it's looks like now. Gameplay has changed, but many things come true. There are always bug but it's an alpha. I don't play so much, just when tehre is a big step. When it becomes too bugy or angry me, i stop and come back a few weeks, month later.

Have a look on that one, i made it with a buddy for the Invictus event. It's the space part. It's the first time we have the Idris and the Javelin in game.

Edited by Phoenix FR

Just an FYI if you are into the WWII birds, I've created the exportscript for the P-47 in this thread here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=277408

I guess this means no firmware updates...

Looks like ctytler is active as of a month ago on Github, so he can probably have a look.

Worst-case scenario his project is public so we can see what's wrong ourselves if your willing to familiarize yourself with his code.

Definitely don't want to lose this plugin as it's great for people without full-blown cockpits.

Can you post what firmware version you are running and which stream deck so that we can document this, and/or see if others with the same firmware are confirmed working or not?