New StreamDeck Plugin

On 9/18/2021 at 8:40 PM, bones1014 said:

I know it's to early for an export script to be available for the Mosquito so how do you get the file started if you wanted to try building one?

I've made the "ID Lookup" script I use in the plugin as a standalone script if you'd like to just extract all the values as a CSV file. See tool here: https://github.com/charlestytler/dcs-clickabledata-extract

To find the name DCS uses for the module internally run a Mosquito mission, then afterwards look at the file Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Logs\Export.log. This should have a "module not found" error and list the module name.

You'll want to make a copy of the "Empty-DCS.lua" file in the Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportsModules\ folder and name it to the exact spelling of how the Mosquito shows up in that Export.log above. Now if you restart the mission you should see something like "File <mosquito_lua_file> loaded"

You can then use the contents of the CSV to fill in the ExportScript.ConfigArguments = {} section, following the example of other modules. If you just default everything to [ID]="%.1f", that should publish decimal values for all clickable data in the cockpit (you can change these to "%1d" for integers if they show odd rounding errors, or decimal isn't need).

That gets you the state of all clickable items (like switches/dials). If you need to get lamp data, see this documentation for some ways to figure them out: https://github.com/charlestytler/streamdeck-dcs-interface/blob/master/Sources/com.ctytler.dcs.sdPlugin/helpDocs/helpContents.md#manually-determining-clickabledata-attributes

EDIT:

Also please share here or DCS User Files if anyone makes one 😀

I've been slowly working on integration of the plugin with DCS-BIOS as an alternative to DCS-ExportScript since it's no longer being maintained. But it likely won't be available in the next month as my actual job is taking all my time lately.

Edited by ctytler
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 9/17/2021 at 2:14 AM, bones1014 said:

A question. Some buttons or inputs are blinking in the f14. Is there any fix to this emoji846.png 
I have noticed it often occurs when the button or function has no bindable option in the controls menu but i have discovered that several bindable swtiches and buttons like tail and wing light switches blinks as well like in my movie example.

This happens when there's more than one entry for a control. Use notepad+ to search for the entries that blink and edit one
of them so they both match.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

By entries do you mean if one of the code lines is designated as: d% and the other as f% the letters should match ? Becuse the decimal numbers of several of the blinking ones all match up

On 9/21/2021 at 6:17 AM, bones1014 said:

I have started labeling the non-clickable animations. I'll be using Github for hosting and updates: https://github.com/asherao/DCS-ExportScripts/blob/master/ExportsModules/MosquitoFBMkVI.lua. Thanks @bones1014 for the lua of the clickables!

If anyone knows or finds more animations feel free to let me know so that I can add them.
There are about 40 unknown/unfound animations. Good hunting! I'll be focusing on some features that I might want to see on a Mossie streamdeck.

Edited by Bailey
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ctytler said:

Hey @Bailey that’d be great. I can also update the StreamDeck plugin instructions to point to your fork of the repo if that’s ok. Would be nice to collect community updates in a single place. 

Apologies for hijacking the thread.....

Hi Charles,

Are you still considering the parsing of HOTAS commands in to DCS Comms on the plugin? Or perhaps some indication of how I can achieve this myself?

Thanks

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

2 hours ago, ctytler said:

Hey @Bailey that’d be great. I can also update the StreamDeck plugin instructions to point to your fork of the repo if that’s ok. Would be nice to collect community updates in a single place. 

Sounds good to me. 

I'm having a strange issue that started over a month ago, and I can't seem to figure out what is causing it.
Starting in late July or early August, Stream deck isn't able to update the state of buttons or gauges anymore, causing on/off switches to only work properly when turning something on, and buttons that only show the status of something, isn't showing anything. Neither text nor icons change when the buttons are pressed.

I've tried reinstalling the plugin and stream deck, but nothing helps. My profiles work on other peoples computers, so they should be ok. Which leaves me to believe something in DCS changed in one of the updates, but I can't figure out what is wrong. All the clickabledata and mainpanel files look the same as they do for others, and running a repair on DCS made no changes to any of these files.

Has anyone experienced something similar and have any possible solutions for me to try?

Edited by gomslork

On 9/20/2021 at 10:19 PM, bones1014 said:

I also threw one together for the A-4 Skyhawk mod but it doesn't look like DCS will export that one. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Anyways here's the export lua file in case someone else knows how to get it working.

A-4E-C.lua 15.65 kB · 4 downloads

Hi Bones1014, thank’s for your A-4E-C. I’m interesting in using your export file. Did you find a way to use it properly with stream deck?

thank you

best Regards

Rem27

Intel® Core i7-7700K @4,20GHz - 64 Go RAM - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti - Windows Pro 64 bit - Stream Deck - HOTAS Warthog

Hi Bones1014, thank’s for your A-4E-C. I’m interesting in using your export file. Did you find a way to use it properly with stream deck?
thank you
best Regards
Rem27
No I haven't. DCS doesn't seem to export there information unless it's in the install location mods aircraft folder.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Has anyone have the JF-17  radio panel frequency display done, saw one of the ctytler video it's possible like the UFCP he has made. I wanted to update my JF-17 stream deck profile. I tired doing it like the UFCP but didn't worked out.

Thanks 

On 9/19/2021 at 8:08 PM, ctytler said:

I've been slowly working on integration of the plugin with DCS-BIOS as an alternative to DCS-ExportScript since it's no longer being maintained. But it likely won't be available in the next month as my actual job is taking all my time lately.

This is clearly the way forward since DCS-Export is clearly dead. Can't wait for it to happen. At this point, maybe it's time you setup a way for us to virtually buy you a "beer" for all your hard work in letting us non-programmer types build our own interfaces that make the flying experience so much more enjoyable.

2 hours ago, Sc00t3r said:

This is clearly the way forward since DCS-Export is clearly dead. Can't wait for it to happen. At this point, maybe it's time you setup a way for us to virtually buy you a "beer" for all your hard work in letting us non-programmer types build our own interfaces that make the flying experience so much more enjoyable.

It's not dead yet! I planned to post this here a few days ago but I totally forgot, oops!

I too am looking forward to the DCS-BIOS integration. I really hope that making custom functions is just as or easier than in DCS-Export.

• Like 2

So, umm, I may have run into a slight problem. I am using a great number of "Tiles" that have a greater number of conversions and equations that happen in the .lua. The problem that I am having is when I have the, all enabled, after a few sim restarts the amount of memory that streamDeck.exe uses shoots up to like 4GB of ram, which is crazy because it starts at around 400MB. This number grows until it freezes the SD GUI or the SD itself. 

Honestly, I think it is a problem with the SD or the SD GUI, which is made worse by the number of calculations that are performed and then rendered to the SD. The problem does not seem to happen when I am using a low number of Tiles that don't require many calculations. This post is just to say that I have noticed something odd and if anyone in the future (or past) runs across this, the more info the better.

Here is a pic of the mossie Tiles. The 8 on the left are always running calculations. Well, I guess they all are if they are being called every time. But, the eight on the left change quite a lot. It may be worth the cycles to put the 9 tiles on the right into low importance events, which I have never done before.

2021-10-03_13_19_25-Window.jpg

Edited by Bailey
  • Like 1

Hi Bailey,

That tile set looks really cool. Do you intend on releasing it, I would love to have something like this for my F/A-18C. Understand you have it for Mossie, but wondered if you were going to release so it can be looked over and then possibly updated to other aircraft by the user themselves?

Just wondering

Toni

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

Hi Bailey,

I think you can ignore my message as I think you have it in your https://github.com/asherao/DCS-ExportScripts link. Just wondered also if you have a StreamDeck profile for the F/A-18C

Toni

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

1 hour ago, Toni Carrera said:

Hi Bailey,

I think you can ignore my message as I think you have it in your https://github.com/asherao/DCS-ExportScripts link. Just wondered also if you have a StreamDeck profile for the F/A-18C

Toni

I'm glad you found the git. No, I don't have anything more for the F18 than what is already available in the forums or the ED User Files. 

Edited by Bailey