VR PointCtrl

Andrew u.k.

I totally agree!

Totally hooked, up to the point that without it, I can't really enjoy DCS anymore

I usually stop playing DCS when the FCU's batteries are flat :P

(luckily they reload pretty fast)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I'm so impressed with pointctrl, I don't want anyone to miss out on it. If you're using a mouse still you need tell me why.

The thread is over in the input and output section.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

This is really a great implementation, and video.

Thanks for sharing Andrew,

Miles

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/06/01

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

@Andrew, I thought you were going to go with.."I'm so impressed with pointCTRL...I bought the company!" :)

Side note...it's a game changer for DCS and VR for me!

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Yup it’s awesome. Highly recommended.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I have a pair and it’s like VR, I can’t imagine playing without those device.

Don’t hesitate, It worth every dollar.

Dream Commodore 64C, 1530 datasette, 1541 floppy disk drive, DCS cartridge, competition pro joystick, 14” Tv with VCR.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

Maybe check out VAICOM Pro, to preclude the need to mess around with the comms menu.

Yes, I need to re-look at it, I purchased it but couldn't get it working and gave up. I obviously installed it wrong.

Since making that video, I've tried my ply cockpit with a lot of the other modules and they all work fine, I've slightly increased the space between my throttle and the vertical board, I was struggling getting to some switches and now it works well.

How often does PointCtrl need calibrated? lt's not a long process but if it needs done every time I enter a plane it can add up. Also I end up alt-tabbing out a lot for my other apps like DCS Flight panels and Voice Attack/Vaicom. Will using my regular mouse on these mess up PointCtrl?

Definitely recommend Vaicom for the immersion alone, but it's complicated to setup. Follow the guide and most of the issues are taken care of.

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

In short, you pretty much only need to do the calibration once.

However, you could do it a few times when you first setup, just to make sure you familiarize yourself with the calibration steps and get the most accuracy out of your PointCTRL

With Miles' new audio assisted calibration, it's all easy peasy

So, again, no need to do the calibration every time, and no, mouse inputs won't mess up calibration :)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

How often does PointCtrl need calibrated? lt's not a long process but if it needs done every time I enter a plane it can add up. Also I end up alt-tabbing out a lot for my other apps like DCS Flight panels and Voice Attack/Vaicom. Will using my regular mouse on these mess up PointCtrl?

Definitely recommend Vaicom for the immersion alone, but it's complicated to setup. Follow the guide and most of the issues are taken care of.

I've only calibrated once.

I can set up the plywood cockpit in about 5 seconds.

I tab out also, mouse works fine for me, sometimes if there is a bit of ir interference it can go funny.

Thanks guys, PMed Firecat to get on the list a few hours ago!

One last question, how's the battery life?

I7-9700KF@5ghz, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090, Pimax 5k+, Virpil T-50CM2 base with Warthog, F/A-18, T-50cm, and VFX grips, Saitek X65F, Saitek Switch Panel, TM Cougar MFDs, TM TPR pedals, JetSeat and bass pucks, H640P for VRK, PointCtrl

3rd Space Vest project for basic G Seat/G Suit simulation

Thanks guys, PMed Firecat to get on the list a few hours ago!

One last question, how's the battery life?

Of course it depends a little on how much you activate/use them (they go into sleep mode after a short while), but my guesstimate is about 4 or 5 hours.

I never really had 'em go flat during my dcs sessions (don't ever really have the luxury of playing more than 4 hours straight). Just briefly charge 'em after one or two sessions and you'll be fine

System specs:

I'm so impressed with pointctrl, I don't want anyone to miss out on it. If you're using a mouse still you need tell me why.

The thread is over in the input and output section.

Still use a mouse because pointctrl is close to $300cad delivered. I don't think it's over priced, I'm sure it's very close to cost and money for time building/developing, but it's still too much for me on justify at this time.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

• 1 month later...
I've only calibrated once.

I can set up the plywood cockpit in about 5 seconds.

I tab out also, mouse works fine for me, sometimes if there is a bit of ir interference it can go funny.

Hey Andrew,

Did you re calibrate after setting up you panel? Re-calibrating at the same distance as the panel will dramatically increase your accuracy at the edges of you field of view.

Just a thought,

Miles

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/06/01

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Is 3 pieces of plywood required?

In the PointCtrl Calibration Demo it does not show it being used.

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, 64gb Trident Z 3600 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

Hey Andrew,

Did you re calibrate after setting up you panel? Re-calibrating at the same distance as the panel will dramatically increase your accuracy at the edges of you field of view.

Just a thought,

Miles

Didn't have a chance tonight to try recalibration with my panel, but posted about it over in the PointCTRL v2 thread.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Is 3 pieces of plywood required?

In the PointCtrl Calibration Demo it does not show it being used.

Hehe

No, it's not needed :)

Andrew added it because he finds it easier to point and hold his finger steady. I can imagine it also adds a bit to immersion too. Haven't got around it myself, but I think I'll follow his example.

System specs:

Thanks it will be my next purchase when they are available.

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, 64gb Trident Z 3600 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

• 1 year later...

I ordered on the 18th July, not sure what the lead time is, hopefully not too long.

intel i7 6700k overclocked to 4.6, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz, Asus z170 pro gaming motherboard, Asus strix 1080, Max flight stick(modded), MFG Crosswind pedals.

9 minutes ago, kuabi said:

I ordered on the 18th July, not sure what the lead time is, hopefully not too long.

May be a ways off, I ordered in Feb.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|