SuperCarrier extended Or ?

toni

Hey guys, just starting a new post.Direct question to ED with your opinnions attachet. When the Supercarrier series is completed, would be feasible adding the last two, CVN 76, CVN 77 with all its differences ?

Or by the other way, would have more sense a new Carrier from scratch? The CVN 78 would be brilliant I think.

Also CVs from other navies are a good option, the old Kiev class for the red side, Moskva, french Clemenceau,.......

Hey guys, just starting a new post.Direct question to ED with your opinnions attachet. When the Supercarrier series is completed, would be feasible adding the last two, CVN 76, CVN 77 with all its differences ?

Whether its feasible is largely a question of effort vs. gain. Aside from multiple differences on the 3D model - especially for CVN-77(the hull, superstructure, mast etc), there is also the issue of the Reagan(CVN-76) and Bush(CVN-77) having a three-wire arrestor system, which would require modification to the systems' code.

Since the module will provide(eventually) five different Nimitz class carriers, the question is why you would need more and if the required effort is worth the bother for two more.

Or by the other way, would have more sense a new Carrier from scratch? The CVN 78 would be brilliant I think.

Why exactly? - the flyable carrier aircraft(F/A-18C and F-14) we have in DCS have both been retired by now, while AFAIK the CVN-78 has yet to reach full operational status and the aircraft(F/A-18E/F/G and F-35C) slated to operate from it don't exist in DCS World even as AI entries.

So if anything, I think your suggestion for CVs of other nations would be a better bet(and more interesting) although...

Also CVs from other navies are a good option, the old Kiev class for the red side, Moskva, french Clemenceau,.......

...those have the same issue as with the Ford class - namely that we don't have any suitable aircraft for them in DCS world.

In my opinion, it would be a much better idea to look at additional surface/subsurface combatants and support ships than just saturating the sim with more CV/CVNs.

I think we are getting plenty of Nimitz Class Carriers in this module. I would selfishly love to see a Payware addon of the Enterprise. But I think we will have plenty to play with in the Carrier module as is...

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

The Ford is very different from the Nimitz class. It’s not reasonable to expect that ship or class with this module. It would nice to be to be able to at least put the hull numbers for the entire Nimitz class on the ships even if they are only user skins for the carrier and deck crew and maybe even allow end users to set up different names in the mission editor for the ATC menu.

ED launches a capable Ford class before the US Navy does

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

ED launches a capable Ford class before the US Navy does

I don't get why everyone gets to twisted around the axle. The Navy launches carriers into early access, then adds features (weapon elevators, the ability to launch aircraft) as development proceeds. EA charges tens of dollars for their EA, the Navy charges tens of billions for theirs.

Seems to be ED wins by orders of magnitude.

I don't get why everyone gets to twisted around the axle. The Navy launches carriers into early access, then adds features (weapon elevators, the ability to launch aircraft) as development proceeds. EA charges tens of dollars for their EA, the Navy charges tens of billions for theirs.

I’ve got nothing for that logic.

This rates up there with the "Sim fighter pilots are better than real fighter pilots" statement someone made a bit ago. I'm going to go lay down now.

Ha. Somebody said that?

Well, let's be clear. It's completely true. Some examples:

Real Fighter Pilot: Passes out at sustained 9Gs

Sim Fighter Pilot: Drinks beer at sustained 9Gs

Real Fighter Pilot: Evades the moment a surface to air missile or ten get fired at her

Sim Fighter Pilot: Gets those last two ARMs off, then evades while drinking a beer

Real Fighter Pilot: Never flies without at least one other aircraft on his wing

Sim Fighter Pilot: Fearlessly takes to the sky with only a six-pack for company

Real Fighter Pilot: Calls for backup when outnumbered eight to one

Sim fighter pilot: I've got ten AMRAAMs, let's do this!

Real Fighter Pilot: Will fly in (almost) any weather condition

Sim Fighter Pilot: Has the power to control weather

Real fighter pilot: Spends months at a time away from home defending their family

Sim fighter pilot: Escapes their family for a few hours at a time to play a game

Well, let's be clear. It's completely true. Some examples:

Real Fighter Pilot: Passes out at sustained 9Gs

Sim Fighter Pilot: Drinks beer at sustained 9Gs

Real Fighter Pilot: Evades the moment a surface to air missile or ten get fired at her

Sim Fighter Pilot: Gets those last two ARMs off, then evades while drinking a beer

Real Fighter Pilot: Never flies without at least one other aircraft on his wing

Sim Fighter Pilot: Fearlessly takes to the sky with only a six-pack for company

Real Fighter Pilot: Calls for backup when outnumbered eight to one

Sim fighter pilot: I've got ten AMRAAMs, let's do this!

Real Fighter Pilot: Will fly in (almost) any weather condition

Sim Fighter Pilot: Has the power to control weather

Real fighter pilot: Spends months at a time away from home defending their family

Sim fighter pilot: Escapes their family for a few hours at a time to play a game

I have never stood so corrected.

You, sir, and those like you, are my heroes. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your time at the bloody end of the spear, willing to put yourselves in harms way for the rest of us.

Thank you. That’s very kind and appreciated. However, this forum is not about me. I just like to chime in once in a while just like everybody else.

While we're on the topic of big labor intensive projects to throw on ED's plate how about we get some WWII carriers in the mix! No planes...I know. No maps (kinda)... I know. But hey.

I am so down with that.

Of course we would need appropriate WWll aircraft to go with it.

I was thinking.....

F4F Wildcat, F6F Hellcat, F8F Bearcat, F4U Corsair for starters.

Then maybe a Japanese tree with Zeke's, Franks and Oscars. :pilotfly:

Hey, I can dream can't I? :music_whistling:

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

I am so down with that.

Of course we would need appropriate WWll aircraft to go with it.

I was thinking.....

F4F Wildcat, F6F Hellcat, F8F Bearcat, F4U Corsair for starters.

Then maybe a Japanese tree with Zeke's, Franks and Oscars. :pilotfly:

Hey, I can dream can't I? :music_whistling:

Well, one of the 3rd party devs are working on a F4U Corsair, which would be a good aircraft to start with, as it was a mainly land based carrier aircraft.

• 2 weeks later...
The Ford is very different from the Nimitz class. It’s not reasonable to expect that ship or class with this module. It would nice to be to be able to at least put the hull numbers for the entire Nimitz class on the ships even if they are only user skins for the carrier and deck crew and maybe even allow end users to set up different names in the mission editor for the ATC menu.

The FORD class is still Classified, and as of Right now, Broken in Real Life. It has so many bugs to work out with just the Catapults and Arresting gear it's not funny. Not to even mention the Elevators

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

The Ford has overcome many of those issues lately. A number of CQ events have taken place aboard the Ford recently. It's not perfect, but it's not the old stories of doom and gloom anymore either.