Problem with the HSI in A10 A (DCS World 2.5 FlamingCliffs3)

WM75

I have been searching the internet for weeks and also here in the forum and found nothing! If there is a contribution, then sorry !!!

My question or problem is this:

A10 A HSI The number of courses in the upper right corner

What exactly does this number show me ????

This number makes no sense, no matter which waypoint is selected !!!

In the F15 (also FlamingCliffs3) the display works correctly !!!

Is that really a mistake in the A10 A ??? Or did i just forget to switch on or set something ???

I have found nothing in the complete key assignment of the A10 A that would solve my problem.

As I said, everything works perfectly in the F15 without having to switch on or set anything.

Thanks in advance

And if there is already a contribution: Under which heading ??! ?? I have found nothing.

WM75

768853308_A10AHSI.thumb.PNG.984e5cb03e51402e1c491d58837b6ecc.PNG

679546208_F15CHSI.thumb.PNG.8b39907b748cc30ac26b39d169fa39e4.PNG

Edited by WM75

k4qBWn3.jpg

The image in the manual actually has an error in it, but that error is not related in any way to your question.

How should this picture help me and answer my question?

The picture contains NO errors !!!!

If the HSI in the game worked as in the picture everything would be correct !!!!

Edited by WM75

How should this picture help me and answer my question?

The picture contains NO errors !!!!

If the HSI in the game worked as in the picture everything would be correct !!!!

Edited by WM75

HSI problem in A10 A(DCSWorld2.5FlamingCliffs3)HSI Course number doesn`t work correct

I am now posting the faulty HSI of the A10 A and the functional HSI of the F15 C.

I hope that all ambiguities are resolved and the inexperienced pilots know what I mean, too.

The two screenshots are 100% the same mission.

Only that I changed planes in the mission editor.

Many thanks

628720513_A10AHSI.thumb.PNG.ec91d68d36277eaee01ab1b3578c2706.PNG

80779856_F15CHSI.thumb.PNG.58f732d5987296eb5acd7eb3231e2b95.PNG

Edited by WM75

Someone else who knows the correct terminology can elaborate but basically Heading(course) needs to be adjusted depending on where you're flying. Something about true magnetic heading, I think. Its like 10 degrees off in Caucasus, 4 degrees off in Nevada...

I just want to know why it works correctly in the F15 C and not in the A10 A ??? Did I maybe forget to turn something on or is it really a BUG! in the A10 A? Please take a close look at the two posted pictures of the F15 C and the A10 A. The best is someone who is also familiar with the HSI. Thanks for the quick answers.

Edited by WM75

I think it's a bug. I don't see anything on the forums about this, you're probably the first person who's ever noticed it! LOL. I've tested my A10A and I have the same bug.

The number in the Course window should show identical to the position of the course needle on the rotating compass card. In advanced systems aircraft you use the knob on the bottom right (labelled "Course Set") to rotate the Course Deviation Indicator around the compass card. You can either compare it's position on the compass, or for more accuracy, use the numbers in the Course window to set the correct course.

In Flaming Cliffs aircraft, this is all automated on waypoint change, so there's no need to set the correct new course. The simulator does it for you.

That's probably why this bug went undetected for many years until now :D

It has nothing to do with the different ways of defining North, it's confined to the HSI instrument. And yes there's still an error in the manual image.

What kind of file should it be and how should I open it ??????????

A10A HSI Course Bug.trk:helpsmilie:

But I am happy to hear that the same problem occurs in your A10 A.

This would probably clarify that it is actually a BUG.:thumbup:

And NO there's still no error in the manual image.

You have now helped me. Thanks.

If I can help you with the explanation and functioning of the HSI then I will be happy to do so, because you probably do not yet know the HSI very well. Otherwise you would not always mention that there is a mistake in the manual image.

Thanks for the quick answers and help.

What kind of file should it be and how should I open it ??????????

It's called a "track" file. Open DCS and on the home screen click "REPLAY." Navigate to where this file is located and open it.

If I can help you with the explanation and functioning of the HSI then I will be happy to do so, because you probably do not yet know the HSI very well. Otherwise you would not always mention that there is a mistake in the manual image.
Okay. Let me see if I can get the point across about the manual image.

Given the current course to the fix that is depicted by the bearing pointer, which direction would the aircraft have to fly to intercept the desired 045 course?

What is the direction that should be flown to intercept the desired 045 course, as indicated by the Course Deviation Indicator?:smilewink:

Edited by randomTOTEN

I built the whole thing in the mission editor! Here are the screenshots!

I do not have time to write a long text here and that was not the original reason for my request here, so I will make it short.

Here on the example of the F15 C where everything works properly.:smilewink::smilewink::smilewink::smilewink::smilewink::smilewink::smilewink::smilewink::smilewink::smilewink::smilewink::smilewink::smilewink::smilewink::smilewink::smilewink:

And NO there's still no error in the manual image.

Waypoints.PNG.8711dc2a67dd787343c6f10fff4ea8e6.PNG

1804790157_F15CHSI.thumb.PNG.562cf33be18a82f023333bdf39ac30e0.PNG

55855016_ZOOMHSI.PNG.bd129abb1974cf81376fe426f5e2d541.PNG

Here on the example of the F15 C where everything works properly.

Now that's VEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRYYYYYYYY interesting. That's exactly as depicted in the manual, and they're both wrong LOL :doh:

Here is how it's supposed to look.

oRycyCX.png

The issue with the manual is incredibly minor in the grand scheme of things. Lets talk about your installation of the F-15C though! That isn't right.

Notice how the CDI on your HUD is deflected to the LEFT, while your HSI CDI is deflected RIGHT?

Notice how my CDI on my HUD matches my HSI CDI, they are both correctly deflected LEFT?

Very very strange....

I'm sorry, we are digressing here. That was not my original question !!!

This has already been answered, and for that I thank everyone involved.

We both know I'm right. You should open a new thread for this.

My installation is ok, maybe something is wrong with yours?

I now know that there is a BUG on the A10 A and I am very grateful for this knowledge.

I will close this post.

randomTOTEN is right. In order to catch the correct flight path you need to flight into the course deviation bar on HSI so there is no possibility to have a bearing to WP 015 and course 045 while also being way over the flight path already. Tested on F-15C and it works correctly as posted by randomTOTEN.

A-10A has a bug in course number but also adds +1 to WP numbering (old bug iirc).

@tests at latest beta

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Are you really from the DCS development team ???

If so, that's very gratifying.

But you could have gotten involved in the discussion earlier. I have already written to your technical support and they then told me that I should use this forum.

But never mind!

And why isn't this bug finally fixed when it is already known or when will this bug be fixed?

With the F15 C, the HSI system also works !!? !!

That would be much more important than "

randomTOTEN is right. In order to catch the correct flight path you need to flight into the course deviation bar on HSI so there is no possibility to have a bearing to WP 015 and course 045 while also being way over the flight path already. Tested on F-15C and it works correctly as posted by randomTOTEN."

to confirm this.

Best regards

I'm not from dev team, sorry. Read here if you're curious:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=255481

The only way to be sure that the bug is reported is [REPORTED] tag on a thread title made by ED team member. Sometimes it is reported without the tag. The bug is correctly reported by you and others provided track file so move on, your job is done here, thank you. Will be fixed in time between next update and never and no one will give you estimated time.

Yes, HSI works fine in F-15C.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 1 year later...

@BIGNEWY this bug is still present years later (in version 2.7.10.19473) - is there any chance it could be fixed soon? (In a nutshell, this bug is that the number in the "course" window in the A-10A's HSI is totally wrong, which can be quite confusing until you realize that's it's broken.) Hopefully it's an easy fix 🤞

Thank you!