Anyone else losing INS alignment in flight?

Warmbrak

I flew a three objective mission yesterday that requires landing at another airfield to refuel and rearm. I did a cold start at the primary airbase, aligned using stored heading, and flew the mission (armed with MK82's and no TGP). No issues.

I then landing at the secondary field, rearmed and refuelled (while the engine was at idle). I loaded up GBU12's, rocket pods and a TGP. I took off and headed to the target waypoint. At around 20 miles from the target, my waypoint tadpole started drifting, and the waypoint started moving by itself close to my current position.

At this point I had to navigate VFR as my target waypoint decided to elope. I took out a sam with the rockets, and climbed out to take out targets with the GBU12's. Upon activating the TGP, I discovered that my pod was slewed to a waypoint far away, probably around where my target waypoint eloped to. After a lot of manual slewing, I finally managed to get the TGP to look at the target area.

Long story short, my target waypoint moved by itself and I don't know whether there is an issue with alignment that could occur when rearming and refuelling in the F16, or whether the mere fact that I was carrying a TGP messed things up. I read on the forums now that the current TGP implementation doesn't use SPI, but moves the actual waypoint around? Is this true? This could account for my target waypoint moving, but I did not have the pod activated until I reached the target area.

Has anyone else experienced a screwiness like this in the F16?

I not sure you make your TGP the SPI and turn on laser, you maybe using a GPS bomb if talking about some of the GBUs, from what I understand you can program them with CDU.

however I am really not an A-10 expert hopefully some more people will chime in, and you can always use tutorials from youtube... I'm certain they exist.

Flying is a passion!

You can need medial appoinment in https://nearbyall.com/

Currently the F-16 does not have SPI or Cursor Zero implemented, so yes, slewing the TGP will move your waypoint directly. This can also happen if you slew it with the HUD (if SOI), so I'd verify your RDR Cursor controls don't have any jittering going on.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Has anyone else experienced a screwiness like this in the F16?

I have not experience anything like that in the DCS F-16, but because the way the TGP can affect the waypoints currently, I have been writing down the coordinates, so if the waypoint is moved, I simply go back to nav and re-enter the position.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Thanks for the comments gents. At the point in time where this drift occurred, I was still in Nav mode, and had not unstowed the TGP yet. I have a huge deadzone on my Warthog microstick to avoid any jitters, so I doubt whether accidental movement could have caused this, seeing that the TGP was not selected, nor visible in any of the MFD's.

I will try that scenario again.