Flankers

Dannyvandelft

+1 I don't even care if it's the first production one we have in FC3, it's just a shame that it seems to be out of reach. Mind you there is a mind-bending (not sure if that's the words used) unannounced & unspoiled module being developed by ED.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

+1 I don't even care if it's the first production one we have in FC3, it's just a shame that it seems to be out of reach. Mind you there is a mind-bending (not sure if that's the words used) unannounced & unspoiled module being developed by ED.
Yup, and I'm hoping that's what it is.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Absolutely love the Flanker family. Gorgeous planes. Hope one day they make it to DCS in full fidelity.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Until the Russian government relaxes the restrictions it has, it will continue to be difficult to develop a full fidelity module. Check out this podcast for more details as to why Russian aircraft are difficult to do @11:18. https://alert5podcast.podbean.com/e/scramble-04-matt-wags-wagner/

Yeah the whole we can't do it because "Russia" thing is mostly FUD IMO. I think its a combination of lack of documentation on anything "modern" (Su-30/35), probably cuz they don't have buddies at sukhoi or mig (but they do at kamov and mil). Coupled with the fact they don't think it will sell as well as another Blue Gen4 wunderwaffle.

But yes, lets hope for Mind-bending...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Until the Russian government relaxes the restrictions it has, it will continue to be difficult to develop a full fidelity module. Check out this podcast for more details as to why Russian aircraft are difficult to do @11:18. https://alert5podcast.podbean.com/e/scramble-04-matt-wags-wagner/
I was just recently thinking about this: Why the only serious modules from the Wrong Side of the Iron Curtain are Mig-21 and Ka-50.

Thus the answer is simply that they are studio from Russia and their government would be unhappy should they try?

On the other hand it surprises me, that the 3rd party studios seem to be very little interested in. Despite several of these planes served even in nowadays NATO countries - so is lack of documentation a real issue?

Or they think it is not going to hit the market at it has no glass cockpit and FOX3 missiles?

Sorry, I am still dreaming of the Su-22

And yet we get Mi-24 that's still in service in RuAF

not exactly a fair comparison. Vintage mi24 helo to a modern flanker family fixed wing jet.

They didnt deny not being able too russian helos. Certainly not antique versions. Only Russian fixed particularly modern flanker). The Mig24P they are making is a 1980s derivative of a helicopter that initially went into active duty service in 70s. ( they did the P because big bad 30mm cannon for anti tank)

So far most remaining aged Mi24's have been withdrawn from active duty RUAF service. The modernized MI35M production is the replacement coupled with a number of MI24's rebuilt to Mi35 standards.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I was just recently thinking about this: Why the only serious modules from the Wrong Side of the Iron Curtain are Mig-21 and Ka-50.

Thus the answer is simply that they are studio from Russia and their government would be unhappy should they try?

On the other hand it surprises me, that the 3rd party studios seem to be very little interested in. Despite several of these planes served even in nowadays NATO countries - so is lack of documentation a real issue?

Or they think it is not going to hit the market at it has no glass cockpit and FOX3 missiles?

Sorry, I am still dreaming of the Su-22

Razbam is actively developing the Mig23MLA. So its still not impossible to expect a 3rd party to do a Su17 or Su22. or perhaps a mig29A model since it also redundant, vastly exported, and even was formerly operated by ex warpact nations.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Yeah the whole we can't do it because "Russia" thing is mostly FUD IMO. I think its a combination of lack of documentation on anything "modern" (Su-30/35), probably cuz they don't have buddies at sukhoi or mig (but they do at kamov and mil). Coupled with the fact they don't think it will sell as well as another Blue Gen4 wunderwaffle.

But yes, lets hope for Mind-bending...

They probably would sell if they had a modern enough multi-role capable fighter derivative of flanker family , such as Su30MKI/SM, or especially larger extent Su35S, latter of which would feel like a full blown super fighter, relative to F/a18 or Viper.

Unfortunately its such type of jets that aren't realistic to expect, especially from ED.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

The thing is here Wags mentioned modern day, that's why I suggested to the first production variants; like the Su-27S 'Flanker B' or MiG-29 'Fulcrum-A' which we have in FC3 and are outdated.

As for the Ka-50, it's kind of a frankencopter at this point, not being based on a single airframe but a hypothetical blend of different demonstrators (as I understand it).

The Mil Mi-24P (IMO a shame it's not a V or even a D) is a again, a legacy variant unlike the -24VM, PM or -35M. So maybe that's the reason it's managed to be done, as enough publicly available documentation exists and it can be done without any political trouble.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

The Mil Mi-24P (IMO a shame it's not a V or even a D) is a again, a legacy variant unlike the -24VM, PM or -35M. So maybe that's the reason it's managed to be done, as enough publicly available documentation exists and it can be done without any political trouble.

Mi-24P is much better than D because it has way better ATGMs. When it comes to aircraft, F-14 is a decent plane atm in DCS, surely we could get something somewhat as old and capable as Tomcat

• 2 weeks later...
Mi-24P is much better than D because it has way better ATGMs.

Meh, personally I don't really care if I get a version that maybe isn't as capable as some other version. And in some cases I am actually way more in favour of older stuff than more modern stuff.

System:

Meh, personally I don't really care if I get a version that maybe isn't as capable as some other version. And in some cases I am actually way more in favour of older stuff than more modern stuff.

I see. Unfortunately the majority is different