A couple of questions please!

ayousry

Hello

I have a couple of questions about jester interaction when am in the pilot seat(i dont like to move back to the rio seat as it breaks the immersion for me)

1-Lets say a target is 50nm @7000ft, am at 25000 , which is best to tell jester to scan at (5000 or 10000 ft?

2-what is the best method to keep track of that target till its 15nm away from me?

3-when should i tell him to switch from PD to DOPPLER mode?

3-how can i tell jester to change target priority when in TWS mode?

Thanks for your time

Edited by ayousry

1. Choose 5k because it's closer to 7 than 10 and assuming you both keep your altitudes and still closing you'll keep him longer in the scan.

2. If it's one target you STT. If more TWS-M and use your magic radar skills to guide Jester... or wait for TWS-A.

3. PD means Pulse Doppler. Turn to pulse if you suspect you might loose the lock due to doppler filter.

4. You can't.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

1. Choose 5k because it's closer to 7 than 10 and assuming you both keep your altitudes and still closing you'll keep him longer in the scan.

2. If it's one target you STT. If more TWS-M and use your magic radar skills to guide Jester... or wait for TWS-A.

3. PD means Pulse Doppler. Turn to pulse if you suspect you might loose the lock due to doppler filter.

4. You can't.

Thanks for your time

For no 3...so as i understand its wise to turn to pulse if target is trying to hide in the mountains in a close range 20nm lets say , and wont need it if we are over the water , is that correct?

Also most of the time wn i order jester to turn from PD to pulse he loses track for good

It has not much to do with water or mountains. If the bandit turns changing aspect you can loose him in PD due to +/-100kts closure speed filter. Otoh in Pulse you can easily loose him when you're higher due to ground clutter so it's situational. Over the water the clutter will be smaller. I advise you to keep Jester doing his job and you do your job by maneuvering lower than bandit.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

It has not much to do with water or mountains. If the bandit turns to beam you you'll lose him in PD due to +/-100kts closure speed filter. Otoh in Pulse you can easily loose him when you're higher due to ground clutter so it's situational. Over the water the clutter will be smaller. I advise you to keep Jester doing his job and you do your job by maneuvering lower than bandit.

Most simple explanation ive had till now

Thanks a lote mate

Because I don't like to write essays but keep in mind that it's only simple generalisation. There's a lot more to that of course.

If the target beams, you would actually lose him due to the Main Lobe Clutter filter since your closure rate will be equal to your ground speed.

If your closure rate is between +100kts / -100kts, the target will be in the Zero Doppler filter. So let's say you are chasing a guy doing 400kts and you are doing 300kts, you won't be able to use a Pule Doppler mode.