FALKLANDS MAP

Raz_Specter

On 4/24/2021 at 4:41 AM, rkk01 said:

Really, really good read... and given that the author developed the tactics for the SHAR provides real insight into the aircraft’s capabilities 👍

A must read for all the Harrier detractors on here

Audiobook version on Amazon is read by the man himself

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice new video. I hope they tested it also in VR so we will not recive FPS issue here.

btw. why this topic has a link in the title? 😆

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 2 months later...

I don't remember seeing this video in a corner at all. It's been about 3 months since it was published.

• Like 7

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

On 1/28/2022 at 10:56 AM, ThorBrasil said:

I don't remember seeing this video in a corner at all.

It was posted here:

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Perhaps the only thing that will drag me and Raf, my new Labrador, back in from the fields this year and the only map that has ever piqued my interest in "sightseeing". 

Looking forward to Mike Force One demanding Whales....actually.....no, why wait....Whales need to be a thing (in DCS - Im aware that they are already thing in RL...despite mans best efforts). 

• Like 2

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2022 at 8:32 PM, Rudel_chw said:

It was posted here:

Razbam Terrain Team is hard working on this map and they are doing excellent work i may make a second teaser

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

• 3 weeks later...

a second teaser has been made its up to the developers if there are going to release it or not nevertheless they are doing an awesome job in the end you gonna love the map trust me!!!

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

On 3/21/2022 at 1:19 PM, skouras said:

a second teaser has been made its up to the developers if there are going to release it or not nevertheless they are doing an awesome job in the end you gonna love the map trust me!!!

Hope, hope, hope, ........ pleeeaaaasssseeee 😆

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/21/2022 at 12:19 PM, skouras said:

Would be very nice to see this pop up on Facebook…..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2021 at 9:21 PM, AlpineGTA said:

Hostile Skies - The Battle for the Falklands by David Morgan, another Sea Harrier pilot, is also a really good read.

I can second this. Excellent read. 

“RAF Harrier Ground Attack Falklands” by Jerry Pook is also excellent. From the perspective of No. 1(F) SQN RAF flying GR3’s. 

But if you’re a true aeronautical connoisseur and know that rotary aviation is the pinnacle of human development, I can recommend Scram! By Harry Benson, who flew Wessex HU.5’s, but the book is a collection of stories from various junglie (troop support/utility) helicopter pilots. And also Down South, diary of Chris Parry, who was the observer on the Wessex HAS.3 (ASW variant) who took part in the rescue of the SAS on Fortuna glacier on South Georgia, and the crippling of the Argentinian submarine Santa Fe. And finally Special Forces Pilot, by Richard Hutchins, who flew Sea Kings in troop support. And the squadron he was part of pioneered the use of NVGs, figuring it out on the way down to the Falklands, and he personally also took part in the ill fated SAS mission to mainland South America. 

Happy reading!

• Like 1

i7-9700F, 32Gb RAM, RTX 2080 Super, HP Reverb G2.

Is the map release still for 2022?

• Like 1

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

8 hours ago, ThorBrasil said:

Is the map release still for 2022?

Would have hoped to have seen / heard a bit more by now… especially after the strong showing of both S Atlantic and F-15E in the DCS Christmas / New Year videos 🤔

The mention above ^^ of a new teaser video raised my hopes, but nothing to get excited about just yet…

ETA - the terrain has looked fab in previous vids, as did the Leander Class frigate… just wondering if either asset pack development or performance optimisation was taking the time

Edited by rkk01
  • Like 2

we will be putting some video out within the next couple of weeks depending on time scales

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist