FALKLANDS MAP

Raz_Specter

Er.. I don´t think Is That Simple QuiGon.. I believe Port Stanley changed quite a bit from 1982 to 1999 or even 2010. The airport has a new configuration too... They should place the airstrip in Goose Green, compleately gone in the new century... 

I believe it might be a few more things than just removing MPAB...;)

Now regarding the decision to make a modern Map. Its not intended to simulate another conflict with argentina, but maybe a super power clash for the strategic location, maybe China, maybe Russia, 

Veo que algunos compañeros, desean que se recree el mapa de las islas Malvinas. Con respecto al conflicto Anglo argentino, no ha mucho recree una misión Un jugador del ataque al HMS Invencible. Evidentemente no real 100% pues faltan muchas cosas, pero bueno, para echar un ojo atras a la historia vale.

ES esta

La echais un vistazo y si os gusta pues me alegro. Disfrutadla

Edited by Bestiajez

On 12/25/2020 at 10:17 PM, Baco said:

Er.. I don´t think Is That Simple QuiGon.. I believe Port Stanley changed quite a bit from 1982 to 1999 or even 2010. The airport has a new configuration too... They should place the airstrip in Goose Green, compleately gone in the new century... 

I believe it might be a few more things than just removing MPAB...;)

Now regarding the decision to make a modern Map. Its not intended to simulate another conflict with argentina, but maybe a super power clash for the strategic location, maybe China, maybe Russia, 

All true. Stanley airport is much changed, with the metal strip extensions gone, and runways now shortened again. Most of the bomb craters still exist if you look at recent imagery, and the terminal doesn't looks much different from what I remember. Port Stanley City itself seems to be much expanded now. There are roads all over the place that did not exist in '82. The Harrier strip at Port San Carlos  (post landings) is gone, and the "village green" of the sheep farm no longer looks like something out of M.A.S.H.  I'm not sure that Goose green had a lot going on in 82 structure-wise that is, there were some slit trenches and gun emplacements, but the strip was  just mown grass, same on Pebble Island.  The main thing you would notice since '82 is the relative lack of utterly destroyed Argentine equipment littering the place. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Phantom88 said:

What aircraft was that?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Because of the negative angle mounting of the wings, I would say it's a Harrier.

• Like 4

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

1 hour ago, norbot said:

Because of the negative angle mounting of the wings, I would say it's a Harrier.

A Sea Harrier maybe? 🤔

• Like 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just watched the interview by Tactical Pascale to the Razbam Team 

I was blown away when the lead developer said that the Map would cover 1.5 million square kilometers, starting about 100 Km north of Rio Gallegos and including Chile, the Andes and the Glaciars.

Quickly I opened Google Earth and made a square from chile to Falklands and it only was about 0.6 million ... too big of a difference to be a mistake, so I could come up with just a single explanation .. the Map covered the South Georgia Island .. something like this:

pGPqmNr.jpg

I really hope that Razbam will be able to pull this off and releases this within 2021 .. I will for sure purchase a copy, not only to support Razbam but also because this would be such a different Map from any other currently available on DCS. Fingers crossed 🙂

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 8

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

22 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

the Map covered the South Georgia Island .. something like this:

That would be really awesome, as this island was seen quite some action in the war!

• Like 3

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 8/22/2020 at 10:07 AM, YoYo said:

Thx for update but for me it looks a little ... strange. Not too long horizontally without the appropriate scale of maps vertically? Its only something like 200-250km in vertical with Google scale. For example DCS Syria has 500 km with much more land inside (total 500x600 km + incoming Cyprus ect, so the final version will be bigger). For jets it isnt good idea I suppose. Its 10-20 flight minutes depending on the plane from north to south. It doesnt look good.

StOR9swh.jpg

According me better to do something like this with more land verticaly (yellow line) with land strip something about 500-600 km.

xMfsOx0h.jpg

The ocean is free 😉 so no any kind of problem to increase this but pls double (or three times) the size of the land to do something between 500-600km. Is it possible?

I was writing about this in the last year, BIG Thank You for this GREAT news 🙂 :

RZMPuRf.jpg

Just what is mean about the time of release? Next 5 years? 😉

Edited by YoYo
  • Thanks 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

will airports will be expanded in final release? on continental argentina I only saw Rio Gallenos? Argentinian fighters operate from many others and important airport, like Rio Grande in Tierra del Fuego, home of Super Enterdard and famous Exocet mission, or also Santa Cruz, San Julian and Comodoro Rivadavia more at north, all strategic airfield for Mirage, all A4 squadron and also much important KC-130 bases for support long rage strike.

@L-1011, watch Tactical Pascale's interview of Razbam if you haven't already.

Link:   DCS WORLD | South Atlantic Map: Interview with the RAZBAM development team. - YouTube

@ 5:25 - area of map

@ 7:10 - map edge relative to Rio Gallegos (the map above was released after the interview)

@ 9:20 - when will it be released?

@ 10:20 - what time does the map depict

@ 12:00 - devs thoughts on scenarios that could be created

@ 22:24 - list of naval assets

@ 23:05 - list of vehicles

@ 23:30 - some cool statistics about the development

@ 25:25 - modeling cities in DCS

@ 40:40 - some airfields actually mentioned (Stanley, MPA, Port San Carlos, Rio Gallegos, Rio Grande, Ushuaia)

@ 42:30 - processing power vs map detail

@ 44:45 - F-15E Strike Eagle (Pascale tried)

Edited by Tengu
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2021 at 10:13 PM, Cunctator said:

153217039_3726981347388476_6422376781428328774_o.jpg

Pretty sure when I visited South Georgia in a Castle Class in the mid 1980's the weather was NEVER that nice 🙂   - perhaps waiting for ED's new cloud MOD, complete with force 10 winds just to add that realistic touch?

Of course with no airfields, apart from bombing old abandoned whaling stations, not sure what value adding South Georgia brings to DCS?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, F1GHTS-ON said:

Pretty sure when I visited South Georgia in a Castle Class in the mid 1980's the weather was NEVER that nice 🙂   - perhaps waiting for ED's new cloud MOD, complete with force 10 winds just to add that realistic touch?

Of course with no airfields, apart from bombing old abandoned whaling stations, not sure what value adding South Georgia brings to DCS?

Need somewhere to station the reserve regiment of Penguins! :laugh:

Falklands was already populated by the strategic sheep battalion.

Edited by garyscott
  • Like 3

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

• BIGNEWY changed the title to FALKLANDS MAP https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/230167-falklands-map-updates/?do=getNewComment UPDATES
  • 2 weeks later...

any departure date?

Grupo Aeronaval Embarcado Virtual

http://www.gaev.com.ar

Mis compras.

-A-10C Warthog -UH-1H Huey -P-51D Mustang -Combined Arms -Black Shark 2-Mi-8MTV2-Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3-F-86F Sabre-MiG-15bis-Spitfire LF Mk. IX-MiG-21bis by Magnitude 3 LLC-Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst-Fw 190 D–9-Black Shark (1ºv) -LockOn: Modern Air Combat -LockOn: Flaming Cliffs 2. DCS: F/A-18C Hornet Pre-Pruchase

Well, South Georgia was one of the hot spots that precipitated the conflict when Argentinians were dislodge from Grytviken.

AND its a pretty nifty strategic point for replenishing fleets,  hide Carrier groups, etc..  (Thinking of modern China, or Rusia scenarios , or  a plethora of things.

This said, I think the team has stretched the map to the very limit both in size and objects and work.. so Al tho it would be grand, I don´t have many hopes for it. 

• Like 1

I'm currently reading Sea Harrier over the Falklands and really keen on flying the SHAR on this map. There seems to be so little information on the FRS.1 in the public domain on the web I can't even find a cockpit diagram from that era. I'm wondering how Razbam are getting their data for this? Especially for the Blue Fox radar and the navigation system.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit, i7-9700KF @ 3.60GHz, 32GB RAM, GeForce RTX 2070 Super 1800MHz, Occulus Rift S, CH Pro Pedals, CH Pro Throttle, Virpil MongoosT-50 CM2, Virpil VPC WarBRD Base.

2 hours ago, xnomad said:

I'm currently reading Sea Harrier over the Falklands and really keen on flying the SHAR on this map. There seems to be so little information on the FRS.1 in the public domain on the web I can't even find a cockpit diagram from that era. I'm wondering how Razbam are getting their data for this? Especially for the Blue Fox radar and the navigation system.

Maybe they bought a second hand one on ebay?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, xnomad said:

Really, really good read... and given that the author developed the tactics for the SHAR provides real insight into the aircraft’s capabilities 👍

A must read for all the Harrier detractors on here

Edited by rkk01