Community bug tracker

bkthunder

Dear all,

I would like to propose a "Community Bug Tracker" for the Harrier, that should help us and Razbam have a better view of what and when a bug has been reported, and if it is solved or not.

Let me be clear, I want this to be a positive initiative and not a way to flame Razbam.

The bug section is a mess, and Razbams own bug tracker doesn't include many of the bugs the community has reported. Hopefully this can bring in a clear overview.

So let me stress this: this is not a way to create yet a new place to voice your frustrations, but it's a way to generate a useful (hopefully) overview of what is reported on the official channel. Nothing more.

The OFFICIAL Razbam bug tracker is available on their website.

Have a look here, this is how it looks for now.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gYpmYD4VVaTn1YkHd_K7CJxOysoOqdN-K5oZs_anX7c/edit?usp=sharing

If you want to contribue, please PM me your email address and I'll give you access to edit.

This bug tracker doesn't substitute the forum reports, in fact you have to paste the link to the report. So the idea is, we list in the tracker all the reports, while the discussion, track submission etc. still happen on the official forum channel.

Note: the file is based ONLY on the forum posts (i.e. the official communication channel). If a forum bug report is not acknowledged, not tagged as [REPORTED], not tagged as [FIXED] or else there is no post from the devs inside the thread that says it is, it will appear as an open bug in the bug tracker.

Looking forward to your participation and suggestions.

EDIT: several reports added to the table

UPDATE 4/15/2020

- Added several bug report from the bugs section (121 so far).

- I had made a post in the first 30 bug reports on the list to "tag" them with [ADDED TO COMMUNITY BUG TRACKER], however according to Decoy and Bignewy, this creates confusion and I see that some of those posst have already been deleted.

Decoy is hopefully adding those bugs to their official bug tracker, in fact at least two have already been acknowledged. This is good!

UPDATE 4/17/2020

- Added 11 new reports to the list (total 132)

- Added column to input date a bug is solved (no solved bugs so far according to the forum posts, but this could be due to bad forum-keeping and lack of feedback / tagging. I can't test them one by one, sorry).

- Added stats to the bottom of this post. Dynamically updated stats can be found on the "Dashboard" page of the bug tracker

UPDATE 4/19/2020

- Added 39 new reports (total 170)

- Updated stats, see attached image in the OP / or "dashboard" sheet on the bugtracker

UPDATE 6/8/2020

-Added 4 bug reports

-Set several reports to solved according to latest patch notes - total bugs solved (of those in the list): 14

1585336042_harrierbugsstats_26.8_20.JPG.34abb6c735f4472a55b731574c4a528a.JPG

1162329965_harrierbugsstats6.8_20.thumb.JPG.3257376219d7cfe0cdf3f2bdb6506171.JPG

Edited by bkthunder

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Thanks for the link.

Looks like people are populating it pretty well already.

I'll take a look and see if I can contribute anything, though I'm busier than ever these days thanks to Covid19.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Thanks for the link.

Looks like people are populating it pretty well already.

I'll take a look and see if I can contribute anything, though I'm busier than ever these days thanks to Covid19.

Lol, actually I've been populating it myself mostly, so far. Would be great to get some help though, as I said PM me your email and I'll give access to edit :thumbup:

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Thanks guys, any help is welcome.

FYI, I have gone through adding most of the bugs from page 1-5 in the AV-8B bugs section.

There's still a lot to do, but we already have some stats that you can see in the various sheets of the file.

Great spreadsheet!

Although, please edit line 41 though, the streamable link is outdated, for some reason streamamble said they delete the video soon, so I reuploaded it to my youtube (please replace it with this link and make it clickable

)

thanks!

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Wow, I just realized, I sorted, and realized that out of the 81 bugs, only 21 are marked as acknowledged?? o_O

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

DanielNL, if you PM me your emial address I'll give you access so you can add/edit your reports yourself, that makes it much easier to manage if we all help a bit.

Also, you can check out the "Acknowledged vs. un-ackoweldged" for stats. There other sheets with stats and graphs at the bottom of the page.

Thanks

EDIT: one thing to note is that currently only a fraction of the reports is in there, there are a lot more old reports to include, so we might see higher acknowledgement rates as those are added.

Edited by bkthunder

Cool idea and nicely implemented. May i ask; have you actually tested all the bugs in the spreadsheet within DCS yourself lately? I reckon many bugs reports here on the forum are pretty old and it would be important to make sure everything that goes onto that bugtracker is indeed still a valid bug.

Cool idea and nicely implemented. May i ask; have you actually tested all the bugs in the spreadsheet within DCS yourself lately? I reckon many bugs reports here on the forum are pretty old and it would be important to make sure everything that goes onto that bugtracker is indeed still a valid bug.

Good question.

Most of the bugs added so far are from the first 5-6 pages of the bugs section. If you scroll through, many of them have been submitted long ago, and bumped multiple times, so I am fairly confident most of those bugs are not solved.

In fact, I have skipped the solved or dubious bug reports on purpose, as I wanted to have a view of what are the actual bugs existing as of today.

Let me add that I am more than looking forward to hearing from community members and even Razbam themselves to update the status of the listed bugs.

A simple way of doing so would be to indicate the line number and say solved/ackoweldged or else.

The long answer is:

1. I can't possibly do it all by myself, hence why I'm asking for the support of the community (and why it's so aptly called Community Bug Tracker, lol) :D

2. There are 2 sections in this forum: Problems & Bugs, and Resolved bugs.

Resolved bugs are supposedly moved to the proper section. However, few months a go a large number of posts were undiscriminately moved to the resolved bugs section by mistake, according to Decoy. So It's kinda hard. Bottom line is, Razbam should really be the first one to keep the sections tidy and mark bugs as ackowledged / solved, if they don't do it, I don't expect to solve the issue single-handedly.

3. I might be wrong, but I believe while the community can partly take on the task of reporting bugs, we cannot take the responsibility for testing and checking what is solved.

It should be up to the developers to first acknowledge the reports and then report back what is fixed (chagelogs, changing the thread title with [FIXED], [CONFIRMED] etc.).

Of all the bugs listed so far in the file, about 75% of them are not even acknowledged.

I hope this is clear and of course, if you want to contribute, let me know.

wow, only 2 tiny fixes this patch... Maybe they only have 1 programmer currently working, and that one working on M2000 only??

They said they only work on what they have on their official bug tracker. The fact 75% of all reported bugs aren't there shows a little problem I think.

Someone really needs to go thru the tracker and take out the old bugs that are fixed, human error ones, the ED bugs that are not part of the harrier and feature requests.

Just saying... There are bugs but it really should be a fair accounting not a flame list. Saying it is a community tracker, there should be a level of accuracy.

Someone really needs to go thru the tracker and take out the old bugs that are fixed, human error ones, the ED bugs that are not part of the harrier and feature requests.

Just saying... There are bugs but it really should be a fair accounting not a flame list. Saying it is a community tracker, there should be a level of accuracy.

Hi, please read the OP. If you want to contribute, I'll give you access. PM me you email (or is it the one you have username?). ;)

That someone should be the developer. It's their product. If they aren't interested enough to respond to bug reports in a timely manner, mark and close report threads that are "Solved", or post change logs, why should anyone be anyone else be charged with that work?

This is clearly a response to those lacking managerial responsibilities on behalf of Dev teams.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

UPDATE 4/19/2020

- Added 39 new reports (total 170)

- Updated stats, see attached image in the OP / or "dashboard" sheet on the bugtracker

Just FYI, there are a few bugs that are repeated in the tracker as well as some that have been fixed

Can you point out the lines that are repeated / fixed please? (line number).

Thanks.

P.S. Just to clarify, there may be multiple reports for the same bug, but they are different posts made by different people.

Or, in rare cases, in a single post there were 3 or 4 different reported bugs, so those have been split into multiple lines with a common title and description, but the same forum link.

Other than that, at the moment I don't see duplicates except for one I removed just now. Let me know what you find please.

Thanks!

Edited by bkthunder

Nice job bkthunder, this will be usefull for track bugs. I love the data "Age of unsolve bugs". Here you can see how frustrating is report a bug and devs or CM or RB ignore it for years.

This module need tons of love to shine as what it stands for. One of the best aircraft in the entire history of aviation. It is a real shame that it is in this state for long time.

YouTube Channel

Update: MSI Z790 Tomahawk, i9 13900k, DDR5 64GB 640 MHz, MSI 4090 Gaming X Trio, 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe M.2 and 4 more, HOTAS TM Warthog, Meta Quest Pro