Logbook -- a tool to record SP & MP progress

Ansirial

Not sure what you are asking, I just want to have Aggressors in the enemy (allegiance) list since my squadron runs a lot of red vs blue skirmishes and red are the Aggressors. This is because when I fly as US I can't pick any of the other US forces as the enemy allegiance. Am I not explaining this right?

Hi Victor3,

Somebody can create a pilot as aggressor, to do so ranks are needed. But no problem! I just created an allegiance named "U.S. Air Force Aggressors" with same rank as U.S. Air Force.

1.jpg

I noticed the program detects air-to-air refuelings as well as LSO grades on the Supercarrier. Would it be possible to get statistics such as these on the site as well? It would be cool to see total number of air-to-air refuels, total traps, and LSO grades.

May I add a suggestion to the above? How about "Carrier Qualification"

ie: completed the necessary traps within parameters, day/night etc. I remember the P3D program vLSO ( https://cfosfsx.wixsite.com/home/vlso ) had this....

Hi Nealius and Reccelow,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm already working on this feature. Something similiar was already asked and I place it in plan some time ago. I hope soon it will be ready something.

1.jpg

Ansirial, Is it possible, as a squadron commander, to change the ranks of other pilots and award them with decorations?

Hi Mentos,

As I remember, if you are squadron commander, you can edit any detail for the pilots in your squadron. You can't only edit users owning the pilot.

So you can manage both ranks and awards.

1.jpg

What should we do if we get an "unable to parse log file" error?

Hi Nealius,

It means the application found an issue with the log file you entered, would you please share that file with me? I would be able to fix or at least find the reason.

Thanks

1.jpg

Hi Victor3,

Somebody can create a pilot as aggressor, to do so ranks are needed. But no problem! I just created an allegiance named "U.S. Air Force Aggressors" with same rank as U.S. Air Force.

Perfect, thank you!

Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming WiFi MB | i7-8700k @ 4.9 GHz | EVGA GTX 1070 Ti | 32 GB CORSAIR Vengeance 3000 MHz DDR4 Ram | Corsair H100 Pro Cooler | RaidMax TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD |TM Warthog Hotas w/ F/A-18 Hornet grip | Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | Oculus Rift S

DCS | AV8B | F18C | F-16C | A10C | Mig 29 | F15 | SA-342 | Huey | Persian Gulf | NTTR | Combined Arms

Allways when I fly with Helos I get an error.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tScreenShot_20201028213609.png Views:\t139 Size:\t34.0 KB ID:\t7120138","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"7120138","data-size":"full","title":"ScreenShot_20201028213609.png"}[/ATTACH]

I have the same Problem with the Huey. I can't upload my flights.

Any help? What do i wrong?

Software download from the Dashboard 4 days ago.

debrief.log

Gopher

Sure, here's the log file. It's been happening every single time now, always with Huey missions.

I have the same Problem with the Huey. I can't upload my flights.

Any help? What do i wrong?

Software download from the Dashboard 4 days ago.

Hi both,

I found a issue in the log files, it comes out that with this trigger state: "GunnersAISkill" a double comma is rendered breaking json file...

By the way I applied I fix, new version is out bypassing the issue.

Thanks for the help

Enjoy!

1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any reason that training missions are always recorded as Mission Failures ?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

7 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

Is there any reason that training missions are always recorded as Mission Failures ?

That's strange, I'm not experiencing this. Do you choose the outcome of the flight before saving it to the logbook ?

A9E837A1-BB8F-4F51-A301-B599F3BAA71A.jpeg

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

On 12/7/2020 at 12:39 AM, speed-of-heat said:

Hi Speed of heat,

It may happen when a mission does not have success points. 

Parser app read of a mission has more than 50/100 points.

The walkaround is to open and edit the mission and set It as successful.

Edited by Ansirial

1.jpg

4 hours ago, Ansirial said:

Hi Speed of heat,

It may happen when a mission does not have success points. 

Parser app read of a mission has more than 50/100 points.

The walkaround is to open and edit the mission and set It as successful.

ok that makes sense, im already doing the workaround 🙂 just hoping i could increase my lazyness 🙂

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

On 12/13/2020 at 11:09 PM, jbertin said:

Hello,

it does not go beyond this point, I do not see a character to use. my DCS is to hear Steam

greetings from Chile

Captura.PNG

Hi Jbertin,

Have you created a pilot inside Logbook?

This dropdown list pilots from Logbook to add mission to.

Bye

• Like 1

1.jpg

• Ansirial changed the title to Logbook -- a tool to record SP & MP progress

Hey, 

great Tool! Just starting to use it with our sqdn. When a Character gets Wounded and Hospitalized what is the intended way to get the that Character back on active duty? 

thanks a lot for your work! You made the sim significantly better for us! 

Edited by MONK Marco

Il 18/12/2020 at 14:29, MONK Marco ha scritto:

Hey, 

great Tool! Just starting to use it with our sqdn. When a Character gets Wounded and Hospitalized what is the intended way to get the that Character back on active duty? 

thanks a lot for your work! You made the sim significantly better for us! 

Hi Monk,

Thanks a lot to you!

About you question: the "wounded" status is acquired by a wound event. Once a new mission is registered for the pilot it is flagged immediately as an active pilot.

Also for "dead" status is quite the same, I left this quite free in order to match any sort of pilot management desired for instance, once a pilot is flagged as "dead" you can create a new pilot (inside a user) and use it as a new respawn or, if you prefer, "ressurect" him logging in a new mission. 

By the way you can undo quite everything, only be sure to preserve a copy of the mission log if you inted to delete a mission and relog it back.

Bye

1.jpg

Il 30/12/2020 at 05:13, Nealius ha scritto:

Here you go. With subsequent debriefs it worked fine, but this one still gives an error.

Hi Nealius,

You can download updated version with this bug fixed!

Thanks for the help!

Bye

• Like 1

1.jpg

Hi, lovely setup.
I'm an MP only player, I tested it out and I thought I'd pass my early observations. I do this from what I found personally missing, but without mentioning all the existing features you implemented, so it will sound like that entitled rubboish you see a lot, but the idea is that it's just feedback without emotion. It's just an opinion 🙂. Your work is outstanding and I know the level of effort involved and how these projects are all encompassing 🙂 Great stuff, I love it.

That said, for MP, here's my observations.
The debrief.log we dont actually use much in scripting or anything really in MP. Items like 'what pilot we were' (we were... "me") are irrelevant and even a bit confusing. Having multiple pilots, is also a confusing concept, I get you can have multiple pilots and they have nationalities and awards in single player but in MP, this is largely irrelevant and adds nothing, we have a playername. Also, "what side we are fighting". What!? 🙂. When filling out my first online flight I stopped at the log uploader and wonder.. well who was I really fighting and why does it matter at all? Most of the time we have to make it up like Westeros, Easterbly and Southeria. Simply isnt interesting (in Player vs Player), but what is missed is the mission name, the server name and that sort of thing. Maybe picking the answer... humans or AI makes more sense to MP players!

Then the debrief.log deficiencies came into the light. Why did we have to enter our aircraft type? This should be autodetected, its definitely available to mission based logging events.

We have three checkboxes which are utterly alien to me. "Set as training, show in the timeline, ignore undisclosed targets". Well we are dealing with data here and presenting it. You did such an amazing job with the presentation (i'm a DBA by trade) but have no idea how this impacts the presentation and data itself. For some, this is a serious matter. I would say when dealing with personal statistics, that this entire thing can be quite a critical thing 🙂
Then another obvious and critical difference between SP offline and MP online statistics in step two. "In game flight date". What?! 🙂 Oh right, we can create a historic pilot story with this... right, there are loads of people who will love this, but for logging for MP, nope, not in the slightest bit interesting, we want the timestamps of when we flew and inventing dates for the flights is absolutley strange for statistics, even to the point that its lying, it goes against what a flight log book actually is. So having two dates to track... that is confusing yes and even a little concerning.

I didn''t have any expectations. I did have a wish I could make this useful for my virtual squadron, but no expectations. In order for this to be useful without grossly deviating from it's intended design, I'd have these goals in mind for Multiplayer with perhaps these design choices. Read that - this isn't entitled requests, this is explaining the different concepts and needs of two different userbases (and potentially more)
. It might help, I don't know, generally I'd be interested in the feedback if I were new to MP in DCS.

- I'd scratch a lot of the fluff around the system that MP doesn't use. I'd use different designs. Out would go multiple pilots, multiple dates of flight, selectable aircraft, training/timeline toggles. In would come the data from the server, the playername, the birth events and aircraft types, mission data and automation.
- The data would be set as a custom file to export, it would be a rolling log extract of what happened, what server, mission and events detected and it would upload to the pilots database online with one click, not 3 steps (thats the goal anyway ;))
- The representation online could remain very similar and show pilots by playername, hours in airframes, weapons and hit recorded, ejections, landings and such, however with very little customised changing of the data - it simply shows what happened without the story or pilot names/alleigances/fluffy stuff.
- An optional empty segment to attach the data that can be added after (and I think in both SP and MP they have the same meaning) which is the After Action Report. An AAR usually consists of the "story element" to the log data explaining any notable things that happened. It's missing in the UI for SP and for MP. For MP it can hold data per flight and existing of commentary on weather, exceptional difficulties, damage, things that went right/wrong, lessons learned etc. Depending on the mission, you might add recon details and it is still relevant. For SP, it's almost identical, but you can add some more roleplay elements.
- This might take the form of a Lua plugin, with options and UI in game, that have dialogues. Using the plugin could bypass the requirmeent to write and format your own log export and also protect the data with some obfuscation to make data poisoning less attractive.

I undertand the usecase isnt the same and it's fundamentally hard to incorpporate these ideas, but it might be worth mentioning in case you wanted to embark on a branch of your work that deals with Multiplayer. If not, then to have the differences explained. 🙂 I hope it's taken in the right way. I think what you did is incredible!

Edited by Pikey

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *