Logbook -- a tool to record SP & MP progress

Ansirial

I would like to share a little project I developed in my spare time.

I was always be tired because I lose my career progress time to time.

For an offline player like me is very fun to browse my career progress from anywhere through my smartphone.

For an online player coulbe be useful to manage virtual squadron logging and sharing process with other team mates

You can sign up and register here http://logbook.ansirial.it/

Here you can record all your data for your pilots:

- Kills

- Sorties

- Awards

- Promotions

- Hospitalizations

- Other events such unit transfers, etc.

UPDATE: Application to parse .log files is now avalaible here in the download section of the platform

Version 1.1 -> added compatibility with autogenerated logs

Version 1.2 -> parser improvements

Version 1.3 -> hits log

Version 1.4 -> duplicates hits aggregation

Version 1.7 -> added options for hide undisclosed targets, training sorties and show on timeline

Version 1.8 -> better management of mission success and failure and refuelling count

Version 2.7 -> Greenie board and DCS sync improvement for multiplayer sessions

Version 3.2 -> Added automated awards and ranks system for US armed forces, added pagination in characters home screen, Added loading animations

Feel free to contribute with any suggestion!

Also let me know if you need any allegiance for your characters or to record your kills.

profile.png

userStatistics.png

Platform is also complete of an automated awards and ranks system, reading missions outcomes loaded and determining effectiveness of your actions and risk you were exposed, you can be awarded with medal and promoted on the base of realistic criteria.

Each criteria is developed from real manuals and cases with a seamless integration with typical missions outcomes.

Specific metrics are deducted for valor, achievements and service. Also all accurate dates of availability of the awards are reproduced, with the differences between branches.   

The algorithm is based on few years of data in order to give a balanced experience and can be enabled and disabled as you wish.

And as well create, manage and share virtual squadron management:

- Create a squadron with name and logo

- Manage mebership through regular and admin

- Manage users and pilots (characters) in your squadron

Also is possible to make profiles and characters public, sharing process with friends not logged.

The platform is fully fuctional on desktop and on mobile browsers, so you can review your progress through your smartphone too.

Feel free to send me any suggestion, I'm developing a lot of new fuctions, for instance I'm working on a leaderboard system

Edited by Ansirial
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1.jpg

This is clearly something missing in DCS, I love the idea of this project, thank you for your time and work. As Crow mentioned I'd love to see another solution allowing me/us to not send data to an unknown server.

I subscribed to the thread, I can't wait to see the project grow.

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

Same. The basic premise is great. I would like to see something more generic so that different communities could make use of it. For example a lot of virtual squadrons want to collate user timing data and have to create a lot of server work to catch things like basic flight hours. The medals and everything are nice for immersion of single player activity and storyline, but hoenstly, just the flight hours logged, weapons used should be such a basic thing and I'd like to see ED catch all that and share a large database of flight details, avialable with an API to import to local DB's.

Still very good on your work.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

This is amazing, but is there any way we can get an offline version or turn it into an app?

At first I thought to an app me too, then I realised was better to have access on multiple devices.

So I decided to develope a web application with a good user experience both on desktop and on smartphones, so if you surf logbook from your smarphone you should be able to navigate it very easily.

At the end, to be hostest, in the future I will create a web container "incorporating" the web application on an app but I think this would still need the internet to read data.

If useful, I can manage a system to download CSV in order to make users able to keep data also offline.

• Like 1

1.jpg

This is clearly something missing in DCS, I love the idea of this project, thank you for your time and work. As Crow mentioned I'd love to see another solution allowing me/us to not send data to an unknown server.

I subscribed to the thread, I can't wait to see the project grow.

Thanks for your suggestion, as I first developed app to store my personal historic stats this was not a problem I realised before, but you are right.

Do you think the solution of downlodable statistics would be an idea?

1.jpg

Same. The basic premise is great. I would like to see something more generic so that different communities could make use of it. For example a lot of virtual squadrons want to collate user timing data and have to create a lot of server work to catch things like basic flight hours. The medals and everything are nice for immersion of single player activity and storyline, but hoenstly, just the flight hours logged, weapons used should be such a basic thing and I'd like to see ED catch all that and share a large database of flight details, avialable with an API to import to local DB's.

Still very good on your work.

I'm very interested to this point of view, as mainly single player it's a little difficult for me to deeply understand this needs but as developer working everyday on system integrations, I'm sure I can concept and better develop a solution for virtual squadrons needs.

For instance, you thinks sorties cannot record all the data need, would you help me what can I add to better aswer to community?

Also, if I correcty understand, do you think a tool to import from local DB would be useful? I already realized a tool for IL2 SP careers, it syncronozes offline DB with online logbook DB, is it what you refer to?

1.jpg

Would love to see that as a module that can be added to a website. I think virtual squadrons would like to keep the control over this type of information. But that's a great idea.

At the moment, I'm working to a signature function which creates a dynamic jpg to be added as signature in forums.

But if you refer to a simple iframe of logbook to be "incorporated" in squadrons websites, this is surely possible.

1.jpg

Hi, I'm very happy my little project could be useful, I'm quite new to DCS, so I will probably improve some functions in order to better match with DCS users.

Somebody asked me a clarification about virtual squadrons management, so here a little guide explaining how it works:

Once you create a virtual squadron (clicking "Create a virtual sqiadron" button) this can be "opened" or "closed".

If it is "closed" nobody can ask to join; instead, if "open" any other "user" can ask to join you squadron clicking "Join existing virtual squadron".

Asking for a join, a "user" can see all open squadrons and submit a join request to one or more squadrons.

Once this join request is sent, all the administrators of the virual squadrons (depicted with a star the resume card in the squadron home page) can approve or reject the join request.

In addition, any approved user can be "promoted" in any moment to administrator role.

Once a "user" is joined to a squadron, this new joined "user" can then associate any of his "characters" (pilots) to the squadrons; this particular feature can seem redundant but is very useful to manage 2 aspects:

- A "user" can join many squadrons, he can associate his "character" freely, and have also them disconnected from virtual squdrons for offline flight for instance.

- This can be very useful also to manage lives of the "characters", once a "character" dies the user can create a new one and associate it to the squadron for his own.

To finish, a virtual squadron admin, can edit freely any character of the squdron; this because he can control reports and correct them.

I think in this manner system can be managed quite easily to adapt to many procedures.

Edited by Ansirial

1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, just added signature function (you shoud see it below the message), to generate the dynamic link here the steps:

1. Login to logbook;
  2. Set your user as public (otherwise the signature image will not show);
  3. To complete public abilitation process please reenter your password twice;
  4. Now, below sharing links, you should able to see the signature link;
  5. Click on the link to retrive the URL for the signature

The image is dynamic, it changes with last character you update in the platform.

Enjoy!

1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody!

In these days I'm going deep in DCS and I found logging missions manually could be very long.

Also reading your suggestions, I decided to study the log files structure (files you can save from debriefing screen) in order to create a parsing application.

I found this possible and I'm working on it!

Some data needs to be completed manually (sometimes enemy aircraft type is not avalaible in the log file), but this would simplify a lot the debriefing and syncronization with online Logbook.

At this stage it would be possible to get automatically:

- Takeoff time and location

- Kills and weapon used with time

- Aerial refuelings with time

- Landing time and location with DSO GRADE if a Carrier is involved

- Flight time

You will have to fill some data manually to complete debriefing details:

- Mission title (optional)

- Aircraft used (from a simple drop down menu)

- Confirm ingame flight date (Date would be the same of the log file creation by default)

- Main enemy allegiance

This will generate and sync sortie with online Logbook.

At this stage, if technically possible, I would be easily able to include any other data so feel free to give any suggestion!

1.jpg

Also reading your suggestions, I decided to study the log files structure (files you can save from debriefing screen) in order to create a parsing application.

I found this possible and I'm working on it!

That’s an excellent approach and makes this tool much more practical :thumbup:

Greetings,

Eduardo.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

The app looks and feels great. I was wondering whether it can extract automatically info from DCS for every flown mission. Based on your comment is looks like it will as future functionality?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Regards!

The app looks and feels great. I was wondering whether it can extract automatically info from DCS for every flown mission. Based on your comment is looks like it will as future functionality?

Not so away in the future... I'm working on the local application, I think it will be ready in a couple of days. I plan to release it soon, surely it will be needed some debug.

Start to save .log files...

At the moment it is capable to extract following events with time in flight:

- Takeoff location;

- Weapons used;

- Target destroyed (with weapon used);

- Refuelings

- Landing location with DSO grade if on carrier

- Total flight time

- Successful mission or not

Where possible, data will be stored automatically to generate future statistics.

Log files are not very complete so few data are to be added manually, for instance the aircraft flown, but I'm creating a simple interface in 3 steps to fullfill this.

Edited by Ansirial

1.jpg

Thank you for continuing your work and asking for our input. It took me a while but I finally decided to create an account and go for it. I used to keep my stats in the old fashion way (pen and paper).

This is really a nice project, the UI is super clean and intuitive, congrats !

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

Thanks Tugais!

First release is ready!

EDIT UPDATED TO 1.1

avalaible here: Go to fist post to get latest version

Usage is very simple, just be patient about the victories renaming and classifing.

To improve this, I implemented an interesting system to collect corrections and autonormalize futures entries.

This is done remotely using the database, so no updates will be needed.

Updates will be needed to major updates.

Please let me know what you think and feel free to contribute with any suggestion or signal any bug or malfuction.

Also let me know if you need any allegiance for your characters or to record your kills.

Edited by Ansirial
  • Thanks 1

1.jpg

I gave this a try and getting this error . If you need some more info, let me know.

Win 10 pro 1909

Hi Olddog, thanks for the report, about the first step I notice something strange.

Your character is enlisted in U.S.A.A.F (US Army Air Force in WWII) and your enemies are from US Air Force (US Air Force after 1947)? I think this should be corrected.

About the runtime error you encountered, it is something generated by the parser, to solve is possible for you to share your .log file (debrief.log) so I can recreate the iusse and debug it. I would be happy to solve the issue.

I tested a lot of cases but I don't own all the modules and I noticed they interact also with log file generating custom events (i.e. supercarrier was creating a similar issue due LSO grades)

Thanks!

1.jpg

Ok here is my last debrief.log This was a P-47 on the Channel Map. The enemy part was just me trying out different enemy selections to see if it made a difference.

Thanks! I found the issue, it wasn't the enemy, as I supposed few comments lines are broking the parser. Tomorrow I will fix and publish an update.

1.jpg

Ok here is my last debrief.log This was a P-47 on the Channel Map. The enemy part was just me trying out different enemy selections to see if it made a difference.

The format of the log file is slightly different. I checked and it seems you took autogenerated log file from "Logs" directory.

Application, at the moment reads only log files generated in the debrief screen (near "save track" option). If you use that file types all should work smoothly.

By the way I find interesting make application able to parse both file formats. I'm working to make this possible.

1.jpg