About G´S

Rikus

I read a thread on the FighterOps forums and it was almost unanimous that even though it was unrealistic, the 'reduced' setting was WAY more realistic than the so-called 'realistic' setting. For what it's worth, 'reduced' much, much closer to the effects you get in Falcon 4.0 (I use RedViper so mileage may vary).

So, attention all mission builders, use reduced settings to simulate a friggin' G-suit!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you fly a perfect Defensive BFM and the bandit does a perfect Offensive...

Someone you know is going to be recieving Insurance money very soon.

Don't forget 7'2" and 90lbs, tall skinny guys don't do G as well as short, stout, goblin-like creatures. The cockpit of an A/A fighter is one of the few places in the world where you WANT high blood pressure.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What do you think actual effect of G´S?

I talked with a guy who have a friend that it´s a fighter pilot of F18, and he said that it was not very good in the sim, too black to early.

Greetings

Well ofcourse in the sim we all are regulated by the sim "G" limit programing.

"G" tolerance is all about your cardiovascular system, systematic multitasking, and your ability to no not freak out in combat under "G" influence.

For instance a guy or girl that bikes 20 miles a day compared to some one who loafs on the couch will "G-LOCK" much later than couch loaf. Also genetic make up and "What you were born with" have alot to do with how long and how fast you can turn in any high G moves.

It would be a strange marketing gesture and a uniqe tool in a flight SIM to have all of us do an "EKG" and relate our individual results to represent our individual "G-Tolerances". That would make HUGE NEWS in the Gaming market and in the public eye in general, then in turn sales and product awerness would SKYROCKET.

:joystick:

It would make big news in the siming market BUT people who would not do good in these G tolerances would inevitably be in disadvantage... and I think as a consequence, would not want to play that sim any more as they would be the underdog compared to other guys who would do well :D

No longer active in DCS...

That is not entirely correct. It could easily go the other way.

For instance a guy or girl that bikes 20 miles a day compared to some one who loafs on the couch will "G-LOCK" much later than couch loaf.

It would make zero news and mean precicely nothing. Who'd wanna pay for centrifuge time only to find out their G-tolerance is average? ;)

So what now, we'lls tart training AGSM to fly flight sims?

It would be a strange marketing gesture and a uniqe tool in a flight SIM to have all of us do an "EKG" and relate our individual results to represent our individual "G-Tolerances". That would make HUGE NEWS in the Gaming market and in the public eye in general, then in turn sales and product awerness would SKYROCKET.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

That is not entirely correct. It could easily go the other way.

It would make zero news and mean precicely nothing. Who'd wanna pay for centrifuge time only to find out their G-tolerance is average? ;)

So what now, we'lls tart training AGSM to fly flight sims?

There is allways the "As above so below" logicality in all walks of life. But an "EKG" reading you can get at your local hospital. Also this type of "Marketing: would promote "GOOD HEALTH" and physical awearness. GG I would bet you $1.00 that If some SIM came out with this option it would corner the market and be all over the news!

Cool_t, while it is an interesting idea, I do believe the fact that this isn't happening sort of speaks for itself. And, no EKG reading will do anything for you. G-Tolerance is tested at the centrifuge.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Cool_t, while it is an interesting idea, I do believe the fact that this isn't happening sort of speaks for itself. And, no EKG reading will do anything for you. G-Tolerance is tested at the centrifuge.

Right,

But just as the "SIM SIMULATES" an "EKG" can "SIMULATE" the centrifuge; a step closer to a "MEGA SIM". One could translate into code where your "Individual" EKG reading would translate in "Centrifuge" testing and "G" tolerance.

Just think, in real combat if all jets would only alow pilots to pull 8.5 Gs' for 5 seconds reguardles of a pilots experince, cardiovascular health, situational multitasking capabilities, and the ability to pull far more Gs' than the aircraft would alow the pilot to endure. Surely I could not see any Government signing a contract from a suplier where "Tecnology" is less capable than the Human interface role in combat.

Look at how far Flight Sims have come from the Comidor 64 to Tracker IR, im sure that we will see new an inovative soft-hardware in the years to come. Sitting at the PC and a LCD or Projection screen will be a thing of the past in the future.

:music_whistling:

Here's an interesting thought. With UCAVs starting to appear, it might be necessary for someone to pilot the plane remotely for best effect... we could have teenagers fighting (and winning) Iraq III from their homes with Saitek x73 HOTAS and TrackIR 8. Maybe that deserves a topic because it's slightly OT here, but it would moot the G problem and allow pilots to focus much better on operating the systems (maybe not in a PC environment, but a squadron of pilots downing people from full-cockpit photoreal simulators in a building would combine the lack of G of simming with the easy interface of a cockpit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Right,

But just as the "SIM SIMULATES" an "EKG" can "SIMULATE" the centrifuge; a step closer to a "MEGA SIM". One could translate into code where your "Individual" EKG reading would translate in "Centrifuge" testing and "G" tolerance.

Just think, in real combat if all jets would only alow pilots to pull 8.5 Gs' for 5 seconds reguardles of a pilots experince, cardiovascular health, situational multitasking capabilities, and the ability to pull far more Gs' than the aircraft would alow the pilot to endure. Surely I could not see any Government signing a contract from a suplier where "Tecnology" is less capable than the Human interface role in combat.

Look at how far Flight Sims have come from the Comidor 64 to Tracker IR, im sure that we will see new an inovative soft-hardware in the years to come. Sitting at the PC and a LCD or Projection screen will be a thing of the past in the future.

:music_whistling:

Eurofighters G suits allows sustaining 9G's practicaly indefinatly. Its not confortable, no, but thats what pilot interviews are saying.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Interesting idea. Now if some other guy could pull more G's in online environment, think about the accusations of steroid/hormone use.. dirty xeatorrrzz!! :D

One of the great things about sims is that anyone can participate given a few basic parameters (will, technology, fincance). Many, many people would love to pilot an F-15 or Mirage or something, but simply would not be allowed because of their physical capabilities, some people are naturally not as good as others, physically. Simulators remove this barrier and isolate skill and practice as the variables that produce success, leaving luck and randomness out of it. If we begin to include things like individual-specific G-tolerance, then we make the experience harder for some than others. While an interesting idea, I think it is best to simulate tolerances of a fighter pilot plus g-suit plus AGSM. I believe LO attempted to do this, and we can see that it failed, it took too pessimistic a road (which favored the low-speed maneuvering characteristics of the Su-27 and MiG-29 over the F-15 incidentally).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Importing our real G tolerance into a sim would only be realistically possible by actually wiring ourselves upto the system - now that would be ground breaking - otherwise we could get any joe to do a test for us and use his/her settings. Probably why you only offered a $1 bet.:D

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Yeah I tend to blackout alot too :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4