mainWheelRollFricK

panzerd18

Hi,

The default setting of 0.022 seems to be too low.

On concrete taxiway and holding manifold pressure at 35 (anything below will cause generator fault), the aircraft will increase speed and you will always need to be riding the brakes.

Is this true and genuine in a real YAK-52?

I have doubled mainWheelRollFricK to 0.044 and this seems to be a more believable rolling resistance when taxiing a minimum throttle.

Hi,

The default setting of 0.022 seems to be too low.

On concrete taxiway and holding manifold pressure at 35 (anything below will cause generator fault), the aircraft will increase speed and you will always need to be riding the brakes.

Is this true and genuine in a real YAK-52?...

For me it looks true. In real Yak when you taxi long you try to save your brakes and your generator fails and to save your battery you switch off AH, Giro, RMI and only Radio is on. On short taxi you keep your RPM high enough to prevent the Gen going Off and use your brakes.

For me it looks true. In real Yak when you taxi long you try to save your brakes and your generator fails and to save your battery you switch off AH, Giro, RMI and only Radio is on. On short taxi you keep your RPM high enough to prevent the Gen going Off and use your brakes.

Thank you Toriy.

Fantastic if this is correct.

Thank you Toriy.

Fantastic if this is correct.

You are welcome. 20 years passed from the last my day with our Yak-52. I'd like to help you more, however I simply do not remember what was on my RPM gauge during taxi:) But I remember switching off AH, Giro, RMI on taxi for take off and additionally Pitot, Clock and Stall Warning System's heater on taxi after landing.