FW190D9 can't dogfight.

Snapage

Wait, what you lost engine after 5 min ?? WOW.

Short story: I've took off from Carpiquet with 55% fuel or so, I've arrived at Lignerolle and engaged a P51, during a climb maneuver I lost the engine. It happened a few more times before but I cannot pinpoint the exact cause, as I always verify the temps. The common factor was defueling to ~60% and always happened when I maneuvered the plane, that is when I boom and zoom. So probably a dry run of some sort..

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Short story: I've took off from Carpiquet with 55% fuel or so, I've arrived at Lignerolle and engaged a P51, during a climb maneuver I lost the engine. It happened a few more times before but I cannot pinpoint the exact cause, as I always verify the temps. The common factor was defueling to ~60% and always happened when I maneuvered the plane, that is when I boom and zoom. So probably a dry run of some sort..

From manual:

Inverted Flight

No inverted flight, engine lubrication system is unsuitable. However, all aerobatic maneuvers may be performed, even if briefly leading through inverted flight.

From manual:

Inverted Flight

No inverted flight, engine lubrication system is unsuitable. However, all aerobatic maneuvers may be performed, even if briefly leading through inverted flight.

If you remain positive G you can do what ever you want, in plane. Engine allow for short period of neutral or negative G.

But i haven't noticed Oil pressure drop in any warbird in dcs while doing neutral G.

Only what i noticed is Fuel pressure drop, but i think this was addressed in planes locating couple fuel drains in tanks, so fule pressure drop should not occur, at least not in Fw190

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

So why not report it as bug?
Because nobody gives a rats ass about german planes, as depicted by Nick Grey himself in the last interview.

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

as depicted by Nick Grey himself in the last interview

Would you mind presenting the statement you base this claim on so we can judge the veracity of it ourselves?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Would you mind presenting the statement you base this claim on so we can judge the veracity of it ourselves?
Just listen to the interview.. It was the only comment about the axis planes.

Specs:

Settings:

Just listen to the interview.. It was the only comment about the axis planes.

I have just watched the whole interview and haven't heard anything as such.

Yes, there was a question around fifteen minutes in the interview where he answered with huge enthusiasm talking about the British and USAF WW2 airplanes and said something that after they have made these modules "they had to made the German planes whatnot".

I think just because he sounded less enthusiastic about these airplanes and it could give the impression that they were only needed as an opposition by that time that does not mean at all that ED does not care these modules. Its just that they are not Nick Gray's "favourite".

I am pretty sure that most of the people who have been involved creating these modules and now take care them are just as enthusiastic about them as him about other WW2 planes.

Beside I noticed that he also mentioned that the BF-109K4 have just got a sound update and realized why I found its sound so incerdible good when I tried it in the free trial. Its sounded so much better than the rest that It helped me fall in love with the modul and now I am planning to get it.

I am not sure but as I have understood from the interview this module got this sound update first so how can you say that "nobody gives a rat" about the axis planes?

Edited by Sharkh

FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9 Dora, MiG-15bis , Mig-21bis, AJS-37 Viggen , M-2000C, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-14, Supercarrier, NTTR, Normandy+WW2 assets, Combined Arms, Persian Gulf

AMD Ryzen 2600x , ASUS Rog Strix B450-F, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3000MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 2070 8G, ASUS Xonar DSX, Samsung EVO 970 SSD , PSU - Corsair RM750, Headtracking - EDtracker Pro Wired, 58" Screen, TM Warthog, Windows 10 64bit Home

I wouldn't take anything he says too seriously. The guy is so biased towards the Axis crates that it's not even funny.

Axis planes have only one job, to die from allied planes in great ball of fire :)

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

I wouldn't take anything he says too seriously. The guy is so biased towards the Axis crates that it's not even funny.
I'm biased towards truth and common sense.. heavily biased as a matter of fact. Thanks.

Specs:

Settings:

• ED Team

Guys dont turn this into one of those back and forth threads,

if the thread is done we can close it if necessary

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Guys dont turn this into one of those back and forth threads,

if the thread is done we can close it if necessary

Thanks

Are the flight models of the warbirds stated as correct and final?

Are they open for further research and rework?

Dora seems to be broken in many ways. In fact she was one of the finest machines of Luftwaffe. In DCS, however she's like a breakfast for Spitfires which were 2 years older.

Achieving perfect simulation of real world is impossible. It is not just my opinion but it comes from law of physics. Simulation will always miss some variables which could make a plane more or less capable. Therefore you could focus a little at making warbirs comparable with each other.

I have no doubts that the present level of realism is very high, just I wish flying warbirds would be more competitive.

Are the flight models of the warbirds stated as correct and final?

Are they open for further research and rework?

Dora seems to be broken in many ways. In fact she was one of the finest machines of Luftwaffe. In DCS, however she's like a breakfast for Spitfires which were 2 years older.

Achieving perfect simulation of real world is impossible. It is not just my opinion but it comes from law of physics. Simulation will always miss some variables which could make a plane more or less capable. Therefore you could focus a little at making warbirs comparable with each other.

I have no doubts that the present level of realism is very high, just I wish flying warbirds would be more competitive.

One great fw 190 advantage over spitfire is pilot position allowing fw 190 pilot to withstand at leas 1 g more then spitfire pilot, in DCS things are opposite, fw 190 pilot blacking out faster which allow spitfire to follow every possible turn.

she's like a breakfast for Spitfires

She absolutely is not, unless you use wrong tactics against them. In which case the problem is you, not the plane.

If you fly the Dora, you don't turnfight, ever. Whereas if you fly the DCS Spit, you're too late in the war for any boom-and-zoom. Draw your own conclusions about what - or, rather, who - is the probable culprit here, rather than blame ED for erroneous modelling, of which you don't seem to have any tangible evidence anyway.

Edited by msalama

If you fly the Dora, you don't turnfight, ever. Whereas if you fly the DCS Spit, you're too late in the war for any boom-and-zoom. Draw your own conclusions about what - or, rather, who - is the probable culprit here, rather than blame ED for erroneous modelling, of which you don't seem to have any tangible evidence anyway.

Exactly, make an attack, hit or not hit and just climb away before enemy notice what happened.

If you fly the Dora, you don't turnfight, ever.

Exactly, make an attack, hit or not hit and just climb away before enemy notice what happened.

Thanks but I'm already familiar with that and I don't have difficulties with defeating unconscious enemies.

Even as someone who likes Axis birds a bit, I still take major issue with this suggestion. The reason I pay for DCS products is polar opposite of what is suggested here. For that kind of experience, there are other titles to choose.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

My impression is that the allied planes have been beefed up lately to keep up with the late models axis planes. I racked up a pretty large numbers of both hours and kills on MP, Burning Skies and recently LFDM servers, so I know what I'm talking about.

Specs:

Settings:

Even as someone who likes Axis birds a bit, I still take major issue with this suggestion. The reason I pay for DCS products is polar opposite of what is suggested here. For that kind of experience, there are other titles to choose.

I bet your favourite feature is guns jamming, which only occurs on Axis.

I bet your favourite feature is guns jamming, which only occurs on Axis.

Good point.

Specs:

Settings: