TM F-16 TQS parts for trade

maddthomas

I have a few parts to trade, or sell but there are some parts I need. I need a throttle pot, either a working TM throttle pot or an after market and a throttle tensioner.

1-Dogfight barrel and cap no switch, I have some mini momentary on-off-on TM switch is a latching on-off-on.

2-Analog thumb stick and one metal cap one is on the PCB the second is removed from the PCB and 1 plastic wedge, it fits behind the analog stick and keeps it in place.

UPDATE

someone asked about the thumbsticks, he asked about their condition, so I tested them as best I could. the 2 thumbsticks came together, I took the sellers word but if you look at them closely you will see they are 2 different styles and models. The Thrustmaster Thumbstick has a narrow dead spot on the X axis. Testing with a multi meter the center value is around 38K, the dead spot is around 40K, watching my meter the values start to rise, drop to 0 then picks back up around 41k.

1-Radio switch, one of the switches is bad, but its an easy fix just order some 3x3mm switches.

1-RNG cap

1-stripped grip housing, stripped of parts and paint and repainted black

UPDATE:

I got a few more parts from a broken Cougar Base, I posted a pic below.

The Cougar Grip works perfectly.

The PCB or electronic board in the Cougar base works perfectly also.

Edited by maddthomas
few more parts

ViperGear has hall sensors for stick and throttle that work rather well..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Thanks, I've seen them. I don't have alot of money and I love doing things myself, so I'm hoping that someone would be willing to trade because spare parts are so hard to find.

I have some A1302 Hall Sensors but I've never used them. When I use and Arduino to try and find the best way to place the magnets around the sensor I get values from 135 to 850. I never gotten it to a value of 0 or 1024. I don't want to destroy the board in the throttle because I don't know how to use the hall sensor, it came with a RealSim USB adapter.

The TM throttle I bought did not have a throttle tensioner pad, I've tried to 3D print my own but I'm having trouble with it, I can't get it to work like it should. If someone is in the process of fixing/modding their throttle or has taken pics and measurements of the tensioner pad, so I can reproduce it.

I would be willing to trade any of the parts I have for someones time and expertise with pics and measurement of the tensioner pad and how to use a A1302 with TM Cougar F-16 TQS.

Thanks.

Edited by maddthomas
forgot something

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?s=0&tag=thrustmaster#more-products

they make parts for HOTAS I know there are a couple others but forget their names.. maybe they make the throttle part you are looking for..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

OK I will see what I can find in my part bag..

• 2 weeks later...

I might have more parts to sell or trade.

I submitted a low offer to a guy on Ebay selling a "Broken, in the box thrustmaster Cougar and some Simpad Pedals. He accepted, someone has already made me an offer so I could get a new pot or replacement sensor for the throttle. I would still be willing to do that, I would love to have a new Hall/magnetic sensor instead of a pot for my throttle.

F4jok has first chance for any of the parts, but if anyone else needs something PM me.

I think the internal brackets for the joystick are broken, but the paint look good, no signs of wear. If any of the parts are good I hope I will be parting most of it out. Then only parts I want are the throttle and stick pots and the pad that applies tension to the throttle, everything else can go. When I get it I'll update, but I'm posting the Ebay pics here.

Has anyone ever heard of "Simped Pedals"?

Also I have a Virpil base so I don't need my Warthog base, if any one needs one it is for sell to, it is brand new, I've never plugged it into my PC, I just bought it while it was on sale on Amazon for the Grip and Throttle.

Edited by maddthomas
adding pic

Has anyone ever heard of "Simped Pedals"?

They were made by a german guy up until about ten years ago, he since passed away.

Supposedly they are fairly high quality albeit clearly not mass produced, the button on the unit will switch between a linear and non linear response.

Can you give me more info about them. I googled them, I can't find a website just a few blogs talking about them. I tried the companies name "Hoffman Electronics", if that is the correct company, but I can't find them either.

Edited by maddthomas
grammer

Hi I found that Hall sensor Pot throttle from ViperGear, do you still need one??

Can you give me more info about them. I googled them, I can't find a website just a few blogs talking about them. I tried the companies name "Hoffman Electronics", if that is the correct company, but I can't find them either.

https://web.archive.org/web/20120418065954/http://www.dhs-electronic.de/index2.php?id=200&lng=en

There's an archived website for them, though what you have bought is likely a version made specifically to interface with the cougar.

It appears like they were being made in some form from around 2000 (maybe even earlier?) to 2013.

Edit: https://web.archive.org/web/20120117200602/http://www.flugsimulator.de/hse/simped.htm

Here is an archived german shop page you can try translating via google, i believe the variant you have is the "SIMPED-vario /pro for use with analog joystick port or Cougar"

Edited by Nopileus

Yes, but what part do you need? A guy named ' f4jok ' has already contacted me wanted the thumbstick.

I bought a complete, in the box "sold as broken/untested" Cougar on its way. I have no idea what the condition is, I got the impression that the person selling it knew or cared nothing about. Even if I can't repair it, I will have alot more spare parts.

Thanks for that Nopileus , again I never heard of them. Were they good quality pedals? Would they be something worth hanging on to? I had planned to just using them for parts. When they arrive they will be my 3rd set of pedals, so I wasn't planning on keeping them.

They had a great reputation as being high quality and lasting forever, i'd guess they'll sit somewhere between saitek/logitech and crosswind/virpil/vkb in terms of build quality.

Mind you i've never actually had hands on time with a set.

Hi I found that Hall sensor Pot throttle from ViperGear, do you still need one??

I just wanted to add, yes I need one. I checked Viper Gear to see how much they cost, with the exchange rate and shipping it would around $55-$60, I didn't cost much more than that for this broken Cougar and pedals and I didn't pay for it, it was a gift. So I didn't lie when I said I couldn't afford to buy one, I really appreciate you looking, do you want to sell it or trade for one of the parts I have?

Is the throttle available or are you keeping that??

Edited by The_Nephilim

Is the throttle available or are you keeping that??

Yes, BUT there are other people asking about parts, and I need parts for my own throttle. It sold as "Broken, for parts/Untested". If you look at my original post, I'm asking if anyone has any spare parts for my Cougar throttle that they are willing to trade for. According to USPS it will arrive Thursday or Friday, I'm hoping that it is repairable, but I won't know till then. So check back in a few days.

The Cougar base and grip will be sold or parted out, I already have a Warthog, and I would be willing to sell the Warthog base, I've got a Virpil WrBrd.

The second complete Cougar arrived today. The sticks internal brackets are broken, but the electronics work perfectly. I haven't tested the grip yet, but with the brackets shattered inside the base, it didn't harm the board, I connected the throttle to the base, everything but the thumb stick worked. So far the only other issues I've found are the RNG, ELEV pots center detentes are a little hare to feel.

I hoped it wasn't broken, but I feared it was completely trashed. Only one side of the base's internal brackets are broken, it could be replaced. It's a hell of alot better than I hoped.

UPDATE:

I hooked the throttle up with just my TUSBA R2, EVERYTHING WORKS. Just needs to be re calibrated. THE ONLY THING WRONG with this Cougar is the internal bracket in the stick base.

Edited by maddthomas
adding some info an pics

• 2 weeks later...
Is the cougar base for sale inc switches etc?

It depends on the price, I hadn't planned on selling it. I was hoping to connect the throttle to it but use the 2 joystick axis for a rudder input, but make me an offer. You do understand that both joystick axis brackets are broken? The board in the base works, and no I am keeping the pots its just the base with a working PCB. I've stripped everything off, the rubber boot, boot retaining ring, poteniometers spares for the throttle.

Edited by maddthomas
spelling

• 7 months later...