No hydraulic pressure drop with one failed main hydraulic pump

Bestandskraft

I already mentioned this here but since this was not in the bug section it might be overlooked.

The game manual, p. 178 (supported by NATOPS) states that the hydraulic transfer pump "can supply either system from the other and will maintain a pressure between 2,400 and 2,600 psi if the driving system is at around 3,000 psi."

In the game, if one main hydraulic pump fails, this side's hydraulic pressure will instead remain at 3,000 psi if the hydraulic transfer pump is working.

This means you cannot know which side has failed, thus cannot apply the appropriate checklist procedures (see NATOPS), which differentiate between four main cases (both combined and flight pressure zero, combined pressure approximately 2,400 to 2,600 psi, combined pressure zero, and flight pressure approximately 2,400 to 2,600 psi).

• 1 year later...
47 minutes ago, Cobra847 said:

Next patch is seeing a number of hydraulic system fixes - I will check if this one was included.

Cobra, I apologize for trying to get your attention in this manner. Unfortunately, this bug thread urgently requires the attention of the Heatblur team, as it represents a game freezing issue that others and myself have been experiencing when loading into the Tomcat since the move to 2.7 (including the latest patch). My post includes a full description, system specs, and log files of each freeze as they occur. Any help in resolving this issue is greatly appreciated. Thank you.