Recent graphics problems

I have recently been having several issues, possibly related to update? I never had these issues before. I have noticed brief, but frequent, gamma fluctuations, ground textures appearing in the water (usually in periphery), frequent FPS drops (that seem to happen more on MP) in a cyclical pattern. On SP i will get 90-110 fps. When the FPS drops happen, i'll peak around 80 and it drops slowly down to 15-20 fps, then jumps back up to 80 and drops again. I have troubleshot several things and haven't noticed any changes in other games. GPU passes stress tests. Tried a different monitor, same thing. I never had these issues in DCS a month ago

Best,

Nate

EDIT: Ground textures appearing in water (spontaneous/brief artifacts) seem to have disappeared when rolling back to 2.5.5. Unclear if FPS problems will persist but not likely, as they were not an issue in the past. This may have been the issue, found no problems after hours of hardware and software troubleshooting.

1747375584_Groundtexture.thumb.jpg.296c2ad8fbc3234175f3a246880bc22b.jpg

Edited by Eugoogoly
SOLVED

Nate,

Is your graphics card overclocked? Not just the GPU itself, but also the graphics memory? Are the cooling fans working right, nothing running excessively hot?

That'll do it every time.

Also, always post your complete system specs in your sig, that way we know what we're working with. Much easier for someone to spot something he might be familiar with.

Peace

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

I have recently been having several issues, possibly related to update? I never had these issues before. I have noticed brief, but frequent, gamma fluctuations, ground textures appearing in the water (usually in periphery), frequent FPS drops (that seem to happen more on MP) in a cyclical pattern. On SP i will get 90-110 fps. When the FPS drops happen, i'll peak around 80 and it drops slowly down to 15-20 fps, then jumps back up to 80 and drops again. I have troubleshot several things and haven't noticed any changes in other games. GPU passes stress tests. Tried a different monitor, same thing. I never had these issues in DCS a month ago

Best,

Nate

I had this issue and what fixed it for me was rolling back nvidia drivers to 442.xx

I apologize. I am running i7, 2080s, 32g ram, SSD, and asus rog 165hz monitor with gsync. No temperature problems, i check the temp often. i haven't overclocked the GPU and all three fans are running appropriately on it.

I'll try the Nvidia roll backs

If they show artifacts in the form of polygons the cause is the graphics memory.

Again this disproves your stress tests, you can try to reduce the frequency of memory using MSI afterburner.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

I rolled back to drivers ago (442.59) and it's still doing it...

EDIT: I rolled back again even further to the first 442 driver and it's still doing it

IDK dude, for me going back to 442.72 seems to have fixed it.

Still it is possible to monitor the voltage of the GPU, enable the Unlock voltage control in settings.

I'm running out of ideas where is the problem.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

So i dropped my clocking and memory down -500, turned on forced constant voltage and voltage monitoring and it's still doing it. I ran test in afterburner on standard settings and the ones i dropped them down to and they are resulting in 90% confidence

msi.png.c25cfba7d0215f29b4524934573e3c5f.png

Well, i will change that back again. I just troubleshot potential RAM issues by switching out my different sets and it's still doing it. Any way this could be just something with DCS' new update and my card/driver? I'm seeing a lot of posts lately about graphic issues...?

SOLVED

Dude, after hours of troubleshooting I believe I finally found out what it was. I believe it's a problem with 2.5.6 update. I just rolled back to 2.5.5 and the issue is now gone! All of that work and I could have figured it out with a 5 minute download. Thanks for your help. Where is the best place to make sure the devs are aware?

Best,

Nate

Almost solved a detective case, I'm glad that you at least 2.5.5 works well.

It will be better for ED to supplement the from saved games of the dcs.log and from the system dxdiag.txt.