Helicopters and civilian ops project

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi!   Our team wants to introduce first feature of the server we are currently working on. This feature is Search and Rescue routine. We are not using CTLD or CSAR public scripts for it. We'

We are proud to introduce a new feature to our civilian ops server: Fire Fighting!   First things first, like our Search and Rescue feature this is of course an approximation based on what DCS

We're glad we're seing many of you try our new feature! One thing we noticed is that many pilots struggle to find the best strategy to keep the fire contained resulting in the fire growing extremely l

I love idea, i was looking for something since long time, well done guys!
But, i cant enjoyed it fully, often after halfhour or so, i get kicked for ping. While ping on server is in average 35. 
Make discord guys :D! 

Oh and do IC is really necesary? Theres plenty of mods making dcs much nicer and smoother for VR, lots of us fly in vr and i wish to enjoy it more with nicer effects, aswell server isint competetive so should be issue right? What ya thing?

On 2/8/2021 at 11:05 AM, Shadow KT said:

Have the desync/lag issues been acknowledged ?

Did not reproduce it yet. Probably better to wait for upcoming patch and check after it.

We have added some bad weather missions back in rotation with less time to mission change in them.

3 hours ago, MadJiitensha said:

But, i cant enjoyed it fully, often after halfhour or so, i get kicked for ping. While ping on server is in average 35. 

Oh and do IC is really necesary? Theres plenty of mods making dcs much nicer and smoother for VR, lots of us fly in vr and i wish to enjoy it more with nicer effects, aswell server isint competetive so should be issue right? What ya thing?

What is your ping?

Which VR mods are not passing IC?

25 minutes ago, Multiplayer team said:

Did not reproduce it yet. Probably better to wait for upcoming patch and check after it.

We have added some bad weather missions back in rotation with less time to mission change in them.

What is your ping?

Which VR mods are not passing IC?

35 average is mine ping with server mate 😄. Im located in uk and got good broadband so weird to see that msg.
about vr mods: UH-1 VR Friendly Prop is great mod, still waiting for mi8 tho.
And better smoke v9. With one is mp and change not much, and another SP with give absolute best smoke in game you can get :D. 

btw. different barrel question: Do you think it would be possible to make underbody water tanks visible inlcude water drop effect?

11 hours ago, MadJiitensha said:

btw. different barrel question: Do you think it would be possible to make underbody water tanks visible inlcude water drop effect?

Sounds like that would end up a mandatory client-side mod, if it's even possible. Neither aircraft have any "mounts" on the underside of the fuselage, so you'd have to modify the aircraft itself to accomodate showing that kind of attachment... Or somehow make it into a skin that shows a flattened tank lol

Edited by Torun

Torun_signature.png

10 hours ago, Torun said:

That'd require a mod

Sounds like that would end up a mandatory client-side mod, if it's even possible. Neither aircraft have any "mounts" on the underside of the fuselage, so you'd have to modify the aircraft itself to accomodate showing that kind of attachment... Or somehow make it into a skin that shows a flattened tank lol

Yea, check Helitak doesnt looks like need lots of detailing to make one. And they even own one dedicated for huey, and mi8/17. Unless guys gonna sort a bucket. 
Still imo, server even would have some mendatory mods, wouldnt loose on players, i think more will come, as a humans we like look at stuff 😉
And fact that they pool good looking farps etc, on vanilla dcs with is boring and ugly af. they deserve on big standing applause 😄 .
I do believe aswell that finding people with 3d skills would be easy. As they server pool quite big rotor head attention last days. All they need is discord thehe.

The server is really cool but i wish more bad weather because mostly if iam on the server its just heat and clear weather. I only had it once that was a bit darker but my wish would be that in some missions its completly dark.

• Thanks 2
On 1/17/2021 at 5:45 PM, de.Impact said:

Just played an hour with a buddy. Really fun mission to load water and deliver it infront of the fire. Scripting is well done and the fire growth/decrease seems really well done.

Wishlist: Yak-52 as fire fighting aircraft 🙂

That is great idea, admins would you consider such?

5 hours ago, tomeye said:

That is great idea, admins would you consider such?

We thought about it and so far stuck at how much water it can really realistically take. Maybe something like crop dusting is more real (yes we had crop dusting in our roadmap as possibility too).

• Like 2
On 2/1/2021 at 10:10 AM, Multiplayer team said:

We are reviewing some discord options.

As for frequencies, we can put some in briefing, but general assumption was that people can choose their own.

Also in-game DCS voice comms with aircraft radio implemented are coming..

Thank you for taking the time to answer to my post!

Yes, of course people can choose their own frequencies (which is what I do with a friend of mine, when we cruise around Hoggit TNN). But if you offer some "official" ones, it could promote communication on those frequencies.

And yes, ingame voice comms..... I don't want to be a naysayer (and even less intend to be inflammatory!), but I have been following DCS for a few years. If it goes like the new AI, or weather system or clouds (which may finally be coming after 10+ years?) or proper ATC and so on.... we could be waiting until 2035 for that. And even then, I highly doubt that EDs implementaiton will be even half as good as Ciribob's excellent SRS. Their track record simply shows that.

So until the ingame voice comms will be actually usable and implemented with the planes, having options like SRS and evn discord, is awesome.

Edited by iffoif
12 minutes ago, Smokey43 said:

I'm a newbie and am unsure to find the server, I did get to the multiplayer area, see a list of servers, searched for it and received no matches, can someone be so kind to explain how I can join and/or find it?

Check that you have DCS open beta. Maybe you have installed stable version...

6 hours ago, Smokey43 said:

I'm a newbie and am unsure to find the server, I did get to the multiplayer area, see a list of servers, searched for it and received no matches, can someone be so kind to explain how I can join and/or find it?

Server name: Search And Rescue Server

Just type that in the search bar and it'll pop up, if you're on Open Beta

(unfortunately, the few times I tried, it had a ping of over 200 and only ±2 people active ☹️)

I wish there were more chopper only modules.. Well, with all the upcoming new chopper modules.. maybe soon 🤞

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

System specs: i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- HP Reverb v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM