Helicopters and civilian ops project

Multiplayer team

Great atmosphere under the snow this morning in the Tbilisi area!!On the other hand, it would be possible to indicate the end time of the mission in the briefing. I found myself 60 kms from the base approaching the survivors at the time of the message "restart in 15 minutes" ... because you can't go home to validate the mission.

3.png

4.png

5.png

Edited by Fred77
  • Like 1

This server is a great idea. I enjoy it quite a bit. Just tried fire fighting.  I read the pdf before, but I still have some questions:

1. It said you should drop the water in front of the fire, so the wind pushes it into the watered section. But how far ahead should it be? Should I still get the "good drop on the fire" message or would that be not far enough?

2. How long does the water last? Basically if I spray a 50x50m square will it still be considered "wet" 10mins, 20mins later and be unable to catch fire?

And maybe a proposal: it is a bit sad that one has to decide on fire fighting or rescueing when selecting the airframe. Maybe it is possible to switch tasks via the F10 menu when one is landed at an airport or FARP.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Donglr said:

This server is a great idea. I enjoy it quite a bit. Just tried fire fighting.  I read the pdf before, but I still have some questions:

1. It said you should drop the water in front of the fire, so the wind pushes it into the watered section. But how far ahead should it be? Should I still get the "good drop on the fire" message or would that be not far enough?

2. How long does the water last? Basically if I spray a 50x50m square will it still be considered "wet" 10mins, 20mins later and be unable to catch fire?

And maybe a proposal: it is a bit sad that one has to decide on fire fighting or rescueing when selecting the airframe. Maybe it is possible to switch tasks via the F10 menu when one is landed at an airport or FARP.

1) You will not have good drop messages, because it is not extinguishing any fire. So basically drop anywhere in front of fire to contain it in future. After it is contained you drop water directly on fire. That way you will be able to put it out drop by drop without its getting away from you.

2) For now water is eternal, but it is adjustable in future plans when different kind of stuff can be used like "retardant" 

As for proposal we have something like that in plans to try if it is possible architecture and API wise.

Thank you and happy fire fighting!

Also for the news, we have finished new fires type. Those will be randomly set random buildings in towns on fire and generate mission for putting this fire down. These missions will be more suitable for single or pair flights to tackle. We are currently editing missions to accommodate changes etc.

• Like 1

I have been playing for long in your server and I finally got a VR headset which adds great immersion. Due to low performance I had to install the VR shaders from below. But now I am failing the integrity check, any chance you remove it from the server?  Not sure if it's needed in a non competitive server.

On 5/7/2021 at 12:15 AM, tomeye said:

I have been playing for long in your server and I finally got a VR headset which adds great immersion. Due to low performance I had to install the VR shaders from below. But now I am failing the integrity check, any chance you remove it from the server?  Not sure if it's needed in a non competitive server.

Check Syrian server and report if it is allowed now. Thank you! 

PS this server will be very much competitive in terms of statistics and economy in future, so we will be keeping our eye on this and think how to approach this.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Multiplayer team said:

Check Syrian server and report if it is allowed now. Thank you! 

PS this server will be very much competitive in terms of statistics and economy in future, so we will be keeping our eye on this and think how to approach this.

Thanks! I will try.

Been flying on your server for some time now (30-40hrs) and I must say, it is really fun. But I wonder if you guys plan on adding night ops any time soon? I quess that a lot of us would appreciate this challenge :D. Keep up the good work

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/16/2021 at 3:14 PM, bramborak said:

Been flying on your server for some time now (30-40hrs) and I must say, it is really fun. But I wonder if you guys plan on adding night ops any time soon? I quess that a lot of us would appreciate this challenge :D. Keep up the good work

At a glance this options seems to be possible only as separate server, why not..

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Multiplayer team said:

At a glance this options seems to be possible only as separate server, why not..

No problem for me :). Thank you for response and your activity here. I wish MI8 developers would be as active as you. 😄

• Like 1

i noticed, when the winter or storm mission is running there is a big bug with the fog. A possible solution would be to either not use the old fog or using the old clouds with the fog. Because when laying fog over the new clouds it will look like this.

Screen_210522_173742.png

Screen_210522_173254.png

Edited by Fanki 17

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So finally here is a bigger update to the Caucasus Server. Syria is still in the making but wont take long.

• Introduced the Mi-24P
  • Added car crashes all over the map at random locations for a slight change in feel. They still work the same as normal SAR-missions, but they are bound to roads.
  • Slightly improved house-fires in Kutaisi. Houses now burn on the top and not on the bottom.
  • Added the mountains near beslan as a new search and rescue area. 
  • Slightly adjusted the SAR area in tiblisi to also cover the city
  • SAR Missions now finally spawn automatically

For now there's only two weather variants, morning with nice weather and overcast with light rain.

As usual if you run into any issues please let us know!

• Like 2

Regarding the burning houses. The extinguished ones stay on the F4 list as active even though F3 menu states that only one building is on fire. This already caused some confusion. Oh, and is it possible to have some lightweight MI-8ths back for firefighters?

Anyway, nice work. Thanks.

On 6/21/2021 at 9:39 PM, ludweek said:

Regarding the burning houses. The extinguished ones stay on the F4 list as active even though F3 menu states that only one building is on fire. This already caused some confusion. Oh, and is it possible to have some lightweight MI-8ths back for firefighters?

Anyway, nice work. Thanks.

Indeed there was a little issue with how we listed the house-fires, nice catch! Should be fixed with the next restart. 

The Firefighting Mi8s have not changed, but maybe they haven't been lightweight to begin with, will check!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have been flying quite a but on the server the last few days, again, beautiful job as ever with the servers capabilities.

I have a couple of thoughts. Feel free to use them or leave them, just wanted to share 🙂;

1. Small one, it appears the firefighting heli's are not slicks anymore and have their weapon mounts on them. Minor thing, but I really like flying around as a slick.

2. Some of the other multiplayer servers have implemented beacons for CSAR cases, you hone your ADF radio on the beacon and know exactly where to fly to. This would be a great addition I think to the rescues.

3. Right now a lot of the SAR cases are essentially pickups/rescues with not a lot of search involved. It would be quite nice (not sure if technically possible) if there are some mission where you do not see the actual victims, but you only know a general location on where they are, leaving you to do search patterns until you are close enough to see smoke or flares (I realize this can be achieved by not really looking on the map when flying to the target, but thought I'd share it anyways).

That's all I've got for today!

Thanks!

• Like 3

Still loving this server, mostly been rescuing crashed Mi-24 pilots the last few days lol.

Now that Marianas map is out, maybe you guys could think about making some SAR missions there, would be a lot of fun i think to be a Coastguard rescue helo picking up casualties from boats, landing on the bigger ones and hovering with a rope over the small ones.

• Like 2

Only discovered this server after seeing Mover play it last week. What an addictive way to play DCS! I normally only fly jets but have now been mainly flying  choppers, it's so much fun. Just wondering what happened to the Syria Server though? It's not been around for 2 or 3 days now. 

• Like 1