Helicopters and civilian ops project

Multiplayer team

I love idea, i was looking for something since long time, well done guys!
But, i cant enjoyed it fully, often after halfhour or so, i get kicked for ping. While ping on server is in average 35. 
Make discord guys :D! 

Oh and do IC is really necesary? Theres plenty of mods making dcs much nicer and smoother for VR, lots of us fly in vr and i wish to enjoy it more with nicer effects, aswell server isint competetive so should be issue right? What ya thing?

• Like 1

On 2/8/2021 at 11:05 AM, Shadow KT said:

Have the desync/lag issues been acknowledged ?

Did not reproduce it yet. Probably better to wait for upcoming patch and check after it.

We have added some bad weather missions back in rotation with less time to mission change in them.

3 hours ago, MadJiitensha said:

But, i cant enjoyed it fully, often after halfhour or so, i get kicked for ping. While ping on server is in average 35. 

Oh and do IC is really necesary? Theres plenty of mods making dcs much nicer and smoother for VR, lots of us fly in vr and i wish to enjoy it more with nicer effects, aswell server isint competetive so should be issue right? What ya thing?

What is your ping?

Which VR mods are not passing IC?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Multiplayer team said:

Did not reproduce it yet. Probably better to wait for upcoming patch and check after it.

We have added some bad weather missions back in rotation with less time to mission change in them.

What is your ping?

Which VR mods are not passing IC?

35 average is mine ping with server mate 😄. Im located in uk and got good broadband so weird to see that msg.
about vr mods: UH-1 VR Friendly Prop is great mod, still waiting for mi8 tho.
And better smoke v9. With one is mp and change not much, and another SP with give absolute best smoke in game you can get :D. 

btw. different barrel question: Do you think it would be possible to make underbody water tanks visible inlcude water drop effect?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MadJiitensha said:

btw. different barrel question: Do you think it would be possible to make underbody water tanks visible inlcude water drop effect?

Sounds like that would end up a mandatory client-side mod, if it's even possible. Neither aircraft have any "mounts" on the underside of the fuselage, so you'd have to modify the aircraft itself to accomodate showing that kind of attachment... Or somehow make it into a skin that shows a flattened tank lol

Edited by Torun
  • Like 1

Torun_signature.png

10 hours ago, Torun said:

That'd require a mod

Sounds like that would end up a mandatory client-side mod, if it's even possible. Neither aircraft have any "mounts" on the underside of the fuselage, so you'd have to modify the aircraft itself to accomodate showing that kind of attachment... Or somehow make it into a skin that shows a flattened tank lol

Yea, check Helitak doesnt looks like need lots of detailing to make one. And they even own one dedicated for huey, and mi8/17. Unless guys gonna sort a bucket. 
Still imo, server even would have some mendatory mods, wouldnt loose on players, i think more will come, as a humans we like look at stuff 😉
And fact that they pool good looking farps etc, on vanilla dcs with is boring and ugly af. they deserve on big standing applause 😄 .
I do believe aswell that finding people with 3d skills would be easy. As they server pool quite big rotor head attention last days. All they need is discord thehe.

On 1/17/2021 at 5:45 PM, de.Impact said:

Just played an hour with a buddy. Really fun mission to load water and deliver it infront of the fire. Scripting is well done and the fire growth/decrease seems really well done.

Wishlist: Yak-52 as fire fighting aircraft 🙂

That is great idea, admins would you consider such?

On 2/1/2021 at 10:10 AM, Multiplayer team said:

We are reviewing some discord options.

As for frequencies, we can put some in briefing, but general assumption was that people can choose their own.

Also in-game DCS voice comms with aircraft radio implemented are coming..

Thank you for taking the time to answer to my post!

Yes, of course people can choose their own frequencies (which is what I do with a friend of mine, when we cruise around Hoggit TNN). But if you offer some "official" ones, it could promote communication on those frequencies.

And yes, ingame voice comms..... I don't want to be a naysayer (and even less intend to be inflammatory!), but I have been following DCS for a few years. If it goes like the new AI, or weather system or clouds (which may finally be coming after 10+ years?) or proper ATC and so on.... we could be waiting until 2035 for that. And even then, I highly doubt that EDs implementaiton will be even half as good as Ciribob's excellent SRS. Their track record simply shows that.

So until the ingame voice comms will be actually usable and implemented with the planes, having options like SRS and evn discord, is awesome.

Edited by iffoif
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Smokey43 said:

I'm a newbie and am unsure to find the server, I did get to the multiplayer area, see a list of servers, searched for it and received no matches, can someone be so kind to explain how I can join and/or find it?

Check that you have DCS open beta. Maybe you have installed stable version...

On 2/23/2021 at 2:15 AM, Smokey43 said:

I'm a newbie and am unsure to find the server, I did get to the multiplayer area, see a list of servers, searched for it and received no matches, can someone be so kind to explain how I can join and/or find it?

Server name: Search And Rescue Server

Just type that in the search bar and it'll pop up, if you're on Open Beta

(unfortunately, the few times I tried, it had only 1 person in there and sometimes even as spectator ☹️)

I wish there were more chopper only modules.. Well, with all the upcoming new chopper modules.. maybe soon 🤞

EDIT:

in contradiction of what I wrote earlier, this server actually has very low ping for me (<25). So that's very impressive :thumbup:

Edited by sirrah
  • Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

17 hours ago, Smokey43 said:

Yes I have the Stable Version

In that case you unfortunately will not be able to see or join the server. In order to play on it, you need to switch to the open beta version. Depending on whether you use the Steam or standalone verison, the procedure differs (but you will find plenty of instructions on this forum on how to do it).

Switched over the Open Beta, Got in and had a great time. There were a few on with me. I'm sure it's possible I just don't know how,, but to speak to others flying out there would be fun. Hopefully now that I can in to mulitiplayer as my flying the Huey has gotten much better, I hope to find to some other servers that are Huey and Newbie Friendly.

Edited by Smokey43

Just flew my first proper session on this server. There were 8 people actually in there! (the most I've even seen since I first checked about 2 weeks ago)

Very cool what you created here @Multiplayer team :thumbup:

I did firefighting and rescued some poor souls from certain death

Good to hear you are working on a Syria version. Syria is excellent for helo OPS!

Two bits of feedback/food for thought:

1. I endlessly tried to rescue folks that were trapped in the woods. I made sure my rope was long enough and hovered over them for over a minute (according the distance counter I was well within range). But I didn't get any message, nor did I manage to pick anyone up. Did this became bugged maybe? I tried several locations and neither of 'em worked. Also Tried a SAR mission where I could land and that one did work.
  2. I wish this server was more populated, but unfortunately it just isn't. Wouldn't it be better to slightly reduce the amount of helo bases and missions, to automatically have people fly in the same area. I mean, there just were 8 people online, but most of them were flying completely scattered over the entire map.
  • Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

1st test for myself tonight... and firstly : CONGRATULATIONS to the team !!!!!

Personnal feedback :

_ problem with inflight firefighter Gazelle : very difficult to use it, 'cause crash during loading time

_ unfortunatly, tonight, nobody use SRS. It could be amazing. Perhaps a tip in the 1st automatic msg, to please users about radio ? Just giving a main freq. to start ?

But once again : CONGRATULATIONS to the team !!!!!

DCS 2021-03-05 21-01-47-748.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/1/2021 at 12:26 PM, sirrah said:

Two bits of feedback/food for thought:

1. I endlessly tried to rescue folks that were trapped in the woods. I made sure my rope was long enough and hovered over them for over a minute (according the distance counter I was well within range). But I didn't get any message, nor did I manage to pick anyone up. Did this became bugged maybe? I tried several locations and neither of 'em worked. Also Tried a SAR mission where I could land and that one did work.
  2. I wish this server was more populated, but unfortunately it just isn't. Wouldn't it be better to slightly reduce the amount of helo bases and missions, to automatically have people fly in the same area. I mean, there just were 8 people online, but most of them were flying completely scattered over the entire map.

Today was my first day trying the server but I two had no luck hovering above any troops in the woods.  I'd circle around the smoke very slowly and never get any popup or any kinda of indication on where they were.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RightYouAreKen said:

Today was my first day trying the server but I two had no luck hovering above any troops in the woods.  I'd circle around the smoke very slowly and never get any popup or any kinda of indication on where they were.  

If you don't have any feedback when you getting close, most likely there are no units there and just smoke left. Just follow to other location. SOmetimes missions bugs that way, we need to catch why.

5 hours ago, RightYouAreKen said:

Are you sure you selected a SAR helicopter slot? I tried it out yesterday for the first time and had the same issue, only to realize I was flying a firefighting Hip. Later switched to a SAR Hip and it worked (although my skills were a bit lacking)

Edited by Vertex
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, RightYouAreKen said:

Sorry for that, there was nothing you did wrong! It was indeed a bug deep in our system that would only really surface after the mission was already running for a very long time and make some units disappear. It was a bit tricky to track down but it is finally solved! 

Sorry for the inconvenience!

• Like 3