Helicopters and civilian ops project

Multiplayer team

Hello,

I've flown on this server in the past and really enjoy it. Yesterday and today, I have had a problem when trying to connect. About 50% of attempts fail because of IC check "Requires Pure Client" - I've repaired twice today to confirm no mods/unauth/edited files present. The other 50%, I get the normal loading screen to completion, then a flash of the F10 map, and then it goes black and stays that way indefinitely. No response to any inputs, but when closing the DCS window from taskbar, I get the "Are you sure you want to quit" DCS dialogue box popup.

I've never encountered this before, either here or any other server. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks again for a well made and enjoyable playground!

Did you try DCS repair?

Yes. Twice.

No effect.

What version of SRS is running currently on the server? I wonder if that's a conflict, since it happens right after the autoconnect kicks on.

I use 1.9.0.1

i7 9700k | GTX 1080 | 32 gb | X55 + ProFlight pedals | TrackIR | Win10

Caucasus | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria

A-10C | AV-8B | F/A-18C | F-16C | UH-1H | SA342 | Mi8 | Ka50 | FC3 | CA | SC | Kiowa

Error on my end - all sorted now.

Thanks very much!

i7 9700k | GTX 1080 | 32 gb | X55 + ProFlight pedals | TrackIR | Win10

Caucasus | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria

A-10C | AV-8B | F/A-18C | F-16C | UH-1H | SA342 | Mi8 | Ka50 | FC3 | CA | SC | Kiowa

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve gone through this entire thread and and am impressed with the evolution of this project. After exploring the server, I’m psyched to get into it.

If I can humbly revive a previous topic, please consider that Mods significantly enhance enjoyment of the sim experience for many of us.

Best of luck going forward with this project.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Hello Team,

thank you very much for this server and kind of addon to DCS. I`ve long awaited such a kind of short mission to fly a quick one (cause I just have few time to spend a day to my hobby) - great.

It will be more comfortable with any help in finding out the actual state of my mission (f.e. if I successfuly picked up units and if I m ready to fly to a medical station. Also to check my right status in getting to mission site or medical center, I`ve got to

a) open menü

b) F10

c) F2 or F3

This is very uncomfortable If you would only check direction and distance to your next step.

But anyway: This server and your services rocks - a big thanks again!

Also playing with others together (maybe we further need ATC to avoid collisions near hospitals :D )

Regards

Do you use VoiceAttack ?

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Wow, thank you very much

F10 menu not working when airborne seems to be related to the Huey, as it also appears in other missions... (with the Gazelle F10 in flight is working fine).

Issue I was having was different. if you use the '\' backslash key for Comm menu, it only works on the ground. If you use RAlt-\ then the comms menu works in the air for the Huey.

Problem with RAlt-\ is that SRS detects it as a transmit button even when it's not mapped as such in SRS.

-Wraith

Issue I was having was different. if you use the '\' backslash key for Comm menu, it only works on the ground. If you use RAlt-\ then the comms menu works in the air for the Huey.

Problem with RAlt-\ is that SRS detects it as a transmit button even when it's not mapped as such in SRS.

-Wraith

Thanks for the hint with RAlt-\

Will give it a try soon

Seems like if there are multiple units in a SAR group and you land next to them for pick up, you only get the first guy and then the group bugs and you cannot pick the rest, you do no longer get messages about them, cannot do it via rope either, flying away and back doesn't do it, picking another SAR group, doesn't fix it either. They do show up on the list, but you do not get a message nor you can pick them up (Happened on first pick up of my session). Do not know if landing and deliverying casualties fixes it or not.

Had a blast flying in the winter storm template. I even got a random system failure and made the flight so much more interesting.

Repairs at FARPs don't work either, Ground Crew says copy, but no timer and no repair.

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

• 1 month later...

Just had a go at the server for the first time. T'was quite fun! One odd thing I did notice. I think I picked up a doubled mission. I saw 3 ppl at the pickup. I picked them up, but had 6 ppl in the chopper. When I landed at the hospital, I got credit for 2 missions.

Just had a go at the server for the first time. T'was quite fun! One odd thing I did notice. I think I picked up a doubled mission. I saw 3 ppl at the pickup. I picked them up, but had 6 ppl in the chopper. When I landed at the hospital, I got credit for 2 missions.
Crashed helicopter nearby? I think I managed to pick up 11 at the same time once.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Crashed helicopter nearby? I think I managed to pick up 11 at the same time once.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

It was in a forested area, along a lake. I didn't see anything else other than a few guys and smoke. But I wasn't exactly searching either.

• 2 weeks later...