Aerobatics mission / crash

Lenux

I just found this mission, imo, is the best one so far, for aerobatics :D

Just amazing.

But after about 4 minutes, all the Ai aircrafts, are crashing

Could anyone, PLEASE, help me with this ??

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2771765#post2771765

Thank you, in advance

LE : I added an aircraft, as PLAYER.

Edited by Lenux

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Anyone, guys ?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

I'm out of luck

:dunno:

Edited by Lenux

Heh, I was expecting they flew into the ground but no, they crash into each other.

The reason is because it's five completely separate planes performing the "same" maneuvers, but they gradually get futher out of sync with each other due to very small differences in how they do them, wind effects, etc.

Since they're not trying to maintain formation or anything - the aerobatics tasks basically "take over" the AI and prevent it from doing anything else - they eventually collide with each other.

The only way to fix it would be to tweak the initial position of each aircraft, or the parameters of the maneuvers until you get something that works okay. And once you do, future updates might well break it - even small changes to the AI flight model will change how the maneuvers occur, and in such close proximity it only takes small changes to result in a collision.

I tried putting a group but only the lead does the acrobatics; and I tried having a separate aircraft group do a Follow task on the lead, but that ignores it as well.

So I think for AI group aerobatics your only method is going to be trial and error - running it over and over, tweaking it each time to try to correct any drift. Even that might not be guaranteed to work, I'm not sure how deterministic the AI behaviour and flight modeling is.

Another option could just be to move the aircraft a bit further apart so there's more room for errors, though of course that makes the display less cool.

They crash into the ground, after 6-7 minutes