BFT05 - Practise Basic Manoeuvres

Martyn

Hello,

I'm completely stuck on this practise mission. After the initial batch of instructions along heading 040°, there is a climbing turn to 210° at 8000ft, at 280 knots. Here, I usually get sternly reminded to maintain 8000ft even when I have levelled off at 8010ft for example (29.92 altimeter).

After this, I am asked to reduce speed to 160kts to try a slow speed turn. Despite cutting throttles and using full airbrakes, I get another stern reminder as I can't slow down fast enough. Once I reach a speed of 157-163kts or so and stabilise there, nothing happens for several seconds until I get "terminate, terminate, terminate" for limits on speed.

I'm running 2.5.5 stable. Any ideas?

The only thing I noticed is near the start of the mission when asked to slow to 160kts. I only get down to around 170-175kts before the FI says "good" and gives me the next instruction. So perhaps the measuring of slow speeds is a bit 'off'.

I don't want to attempt this in the campaign until I have run the practise mission in full.

Thanks.

Edited by Martyn
Corrected DCS version number - oops!
  • Thanks 1

The mission hasn't been updated for some time so the triggers should still be operating as intended (and as in the video below).

For the altitude make sure you set your altimeter to 2992. That should ensure you are within the correct trigger range.

For the speed issue try quickly pulling the nose up to reduce speed. You have 25 seconds from the dialogue before you get a warning and then at 45 seconds you will get the terminate if you haven't slowed down in time.

If things are not playing that way then try a DCS Repair or an uninstall and reinstall of the campaign files.

If it's still a problem, please post a trk file or email us at mapleflagmissions@gmail.com and we can investigate further.

Here is a video of how the mission should play out:

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Hi Sabre, thanks for the quick reply and the tips.

I've done a repair (didn't take long, not sure how thorough that was?) and then also deleted and reinstalled the campaign files through the Module Manager. Same problem exists. This is on the practise version of the mission though. It's possible that the actual campaign mission doesn't have it, I haven't tried it yet for obvious reasons.

I've attached a track showing the problem. After the climbing right turn, when being instructed to slow to 160kts, I get barked at to maintain Angels 8, even though I already am. I then get the speed to 160kts in time but it still fails. I think you can agree that my flying was accurate enough to avoid termination! :doh:

Earlier, before the first left-hand 360° turn, I also notice that you get told to begin long before the speed picks up to 280kts. In fact, even in the video you shared the turn is made well below the requested speed, though it doesn't seem to matter. Most other speed conditions appear to be fairly accurate.

Thanks in advance for any help.

A-10C BFT05 Practise Error.zip

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Sabre,

Just checking in to see if there is any progress with this mission trigger issue?

It seems we're some way off getting a new update for the stable branch, but I didn't see any fixes related to this campaign in the Open Beta patch notes either. I'd be happy to test out a revised practise mission if a potential fix is available. It's a shame that I've had to abandon the campaign due to this minor issue with the practise mission. I suppose attempting the mission 'blind' in the actual campaign is possible. That might not have the same glitch, but it might ruin my record/score :huh:

Many thanks in advance.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Four-and-a-bit months on, any news on a fix for this mission, Sabre?

I run stable, and while I saw the below update for this campaign in a recent Open Beta patch, I didn't see anything on this one yet.

Missions BFT02, BFT03, BFT11: Updated AI vehicle paths to avoid collisions.

Despite my renewed enthusiasm to more deeply learn the A-10C earlier this year, I lost my momentum with this campaign issue and have long since moved on to other things.

Now I'm waiting for Asobo to fix problems in MSFS instead :D

It's not life or death, so you'll get no ranting or demands from me, but it is a product I paid for and it's broken, so I really hope to get a fix during this year... I would say that's being patient enough :)

I bought the A-10C II so look forward to future content on that, though I won't get to fly it until it hits stable; can't be doing with the hassles of OB, nor the space require to run two installs.

• Like 1

Sorry this has been taking so long.

We really were hoping our updated campaign with the new voice overs would have been released by now but it's been delayed for a variety of reasons.

Updates to stable are also taking longer with the new patch model ED introduced.

We will take a look and see if we can back-prop our fixes if we can't get the updated campaign done before the next stable patch update.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

• 11 months later...
On 10/2/2020 at 5:20 PM, Sabre-TLA said:

Sorry this has been taking so long.

We really were hoping our updated campaign with the new voice overs would have been released by now but it's been delayed for a variety of reasons.

Updates to stable are also taking longer with the new patch model ED introduced.

We will take a look and see if we can back-prop our fixes if we can't get the updated campaign done before the next stable patch update.

Same issue here, tpps in BFT05 dont work. It's annoying. Someone should fix those triggers or make the files open so that we can do it ourself. But to know you did everything right and get a permanent bug that could be easily fixed is not very nice. Edit: OB as well as stable.

Edited by Docsnuggles

19 hours ago, Sabre-TLA said:

These issues were fixed in the updated campaign with the new voice overs unless it's a new bug.  Can you elaborate on the specific issue and include a trk file or better explanation of the specific problem you are experiencing?

when I have the nerve to fly it again yes; it was in the slow down to 160 section and even though I slowed below the following order did not occur. Actual stable, or is it there not yet patched?

BFT05 - Basic Maneuvers.part1.raryeah, used airbrakes; weird as I did it 2 times and on the second 360 now it went on, after i got near the original path and aimed for next steerpoint. seems that you need to be exactly on course which is not possible when you follow the spoken orders. can you check? trk is 22mb and winrar is not making splitted files atm, actually i feel like a bughunter...

Edited by Docsnuggles
file add
  • Like 1

BFT05 - Basic Maneuvers.part4.rar4

1 hour ago, Docsnuggles said:

yeah, used airbrakes; weird as I did it 2 times and on the second 360 now it went on, after i got near the original path and aimed for next steerpoint. seems that you need to be exactly on course which is not possible when you follow the spoken orders. can you check? trk is 22mb and winrar is not making splitted files atm, actually i feel like a bughunter...

Edited by Docsnuggles

• 2 months later...
02.10.2021 в 00:59, Sabre-TLA сказал:

Yes the triggers are identical.  We will see if we can widen the detection range to make it a little easier to complete the maneuvers.

still not work(( reduced to 160 and the following order did not occur.

I7-13700k RTX4070Ti 32GB DDR5
Logitech X-56 
Track IR 5

15 часов назад, Sabre-TLA сказал:

We tweaked the triggers to provide a larger range and updated both A-10C and A-10C II practice and campaign missions.  ED has the updated files so should be fixed in the next update (OpenBeta).  Not sure how long before the Standard version gets updated.

Super, i have open beta, waiting for update! 
Thank you for answer and for great campaign!

UPD, I tried again and did it! Just a miracle)) 

Edited by Wespe
  • Like 1

I7-13700k RTX4070Ti 32GB DDR5
Logitech X-56 
Track IR 5