Wingman and Datalink

orangepeel

• 3 months later...

This “should” come with DED pages, assuming that depth is a feature. Currently unavailable at this stage.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Don’t think you can create -2, -3, -4 slots in MP.

Every jet is its own entity.

Hi Emmy,

Ive done it through the ME for a multiplayer mission and it worked fine.

What currently doesn’t work is changing the DL codes through the DED, you can change the codes, but t doesn’t have any effect.

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Phoenix

F-16C

i7-8700K, Z370, 32GB DDR4-2400MHz, GTX 1080, FSSB R3L, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFD's, Windows 10 Pro, Oculus Rift S

This “should” come with DED pages, assuming that depth is a feature. Currently unavailable at this stage.

Hi Panther,

Currently you can change the codes through the DED but they don’t have any effect, it just works if you set up the flights through the mission editor.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Phoenix

F-16C

i7-8700K, Z370, 32GB DDR4-2400MHz, GTX 1080, FSSB R3L, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFD's, Windows 10 Pro, Oculus Rift S

Hi Emmy,

Ive done it through the ME for a multiplayer mission and it worked fine.

What currently doesn’t work is changing the DL codes through the DED, you can change the codes, but t doesn’t have any effect.

Regards

Makes sense. Thanks for the amplification.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

any idea what will be possible once the DL-DED page is working properly? For example on the flight management DL page there are 8 entries that can be set. For me that sounds like you can have up to 7 planes plus yourself beeing blue on the Datalink. But the manual also says, that "2, 3, or 4" appear over a target symbol when one of you wingmen is locking a target...as if more than 4 planes in a flight is not possible. I know that not more than 4 elements can be in one group in ME, but i hope that once the DL-DED page is functional there is no group limitation anymore...

TLDR: will it be possible to have up to 8 Vipers in an advanced DL-Network (blue contacts on HSD with numbers from 1 to 8 and lock lines)?

any idea what will be possible once the DL-DED page is working properly? For example on the flight management DL page there are 8 entries that can be set. For me that sounds like you can have up to 7 planes plus yourself beeing blue on the Datalink. But the manual also says, that "2, 3, or 4" appear over a target symbol when one of you wingmen is locking a target...as if more than 4 planes in a flight is not possible. I know that not more than 4 elements can be in one group in ME, but i hope that once the DL-DED page is functional there is no group limitation anymore...

TLDR: will it be possible to have up to 8 Vipers in an advanced DL-Network (blue contacts on HSD with numbers from 1 to 8 and lock lines)?

That's IDM, not Link 16. ED isn't going to model IDM at all.

What's IDM?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

But Page 3 on the DLink DED page says "Link16 STN" with 8 Slots to be modified. I thought these entries are setting which plane is marked as "blue" on the Datalink. There is nothing about IDM. I think IDM is not used anymore in our F16 version, is it?

Improved data modem. It's the datalink technology prior to Link 16. As far as know this version of the F-16 still has IDM for Link 11A so it can be used but obviously Link 16 is better and preferred. In any case the DCS one will never have IDM stuff.

In any case the #1-#8 page of the DL DED display is for Link 16 anyway, sorry for the mistake. If there are IDM DED pages those would be later in the rotary (6 pages instead of the 3 in DCS).

Yeah if you put STNs in that L16 page and you're in the same FC you should be able to see each other as "own flight" in full detail. #1-4 get MC messages that #5-8 don't. Also lock and shot lines are #1-4 only. There are donor STNs that you can get targeting info from but you can't change it as a pilot. There might be difficulties if more than one airplane is set as NTR at a time.

It looks like #1-8 are all green and same size. But I guess all colors and symbol shapes are configurable in the software so it might vary air force to air force.

May be wrong but as per my knowledge, In Viper, 1-4 are flight members and you can see all the info from them. 5-8 are team members where you can just see limited info of locked target , but no lock or shot lines. Next are donors, you can only see their own position. No targeting info from donors. All this is to avoid unnecessary clutter on your HSD.

• 9 months later...

HI im new to the f16. are there any news to this topic? Is it possible now to add members to the flight on multiplayer now?

When i  join on a Multiplayer Server with a buddy and he fly F14 and me F16, can i add him as Flight member to see him "blue" on the datalink?

F-14 doesn't have Link 16 equipment. The only reason you can see F-14 on L16 F-16 is because something is either spotting it and generating a contact or taking the Link 4 info and converting it into L16 traffic. I can't even get an AI wingman to "unblue" no matter how break the STNs or channels. I'm guessing the blue-ness is based on DCS group identity and nothing you can change in cockpit.

Is it something it can be changed in cockpit? or is it harcoded on the DTC? Because having to have a group previously set in the mission editor is really bad for multiplayer missions with lots of players. 

Edited by Ignition

4 hours ago, Ignition said:

Is it something it can be changed in cockpit? or is it harcoded on the DTC? Because having to have a group previously set in the mission editor is really bad for multiplayer missions with lots of players. 

IRL all datalink information regarding flight members can be changed in the cockpit through the datalink DED page. In-game currenlty this page does not funtion correctly and it is only possible to mess your datalink up using this screen, you cannot add flight memebers.

• Like 3