AWACS and Lua script

Don't go so fast about the forum, GGTharos, we don't know how we will organise us today, but a web site will born in a couple of months, with advanced dynamics features to manage the code and the different packages of libraries.

Concerning a forum, I think the best place to speak about is here for several reasons like the possible communication with LO developers (To admin> let's me know if it is wrong).

We will develop this site not only for LoControl, but also for all the projects we are going to do. (we have several points we want to develop, and we will operate step by step, the final release of the previous before launching a new dev.). But we clearly need an international plateform for dev, and it is building up.

As for the information about AWACS, I will send you a mail. ;)

Yes! AWACS console. At last :)

On the screenshot I see there is some radio comm interface.

How will it work? Is it going to work together with teamspeak channel settings or is there going to be another application?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Yes! AWACS console. At last :)

On the screenshot I see there is some radio comm interface.

How will it work?

I won't spend time to explain you how it works now since all the operative modes will be modified and implemented with high fidelity modeling.

Is it going to work together with teamspeak channel settings or is there going to be another application?

The whole COM module was designed to be used with whatever soft you want (TS, RW...) ; the knobs pressure will just simulate a keyboard pressure, with settings allowing users to map the functionnalities as they want.

Coupled with a nice keysbinding conf. on TS, you will have all the possibilities you need. (a default conf. will be provided with the soft)

Don't go so fast about the forum, GGTharos, we don't know how we will organise us today, but a web site will born in a couple of months, with advanced dynamics features to manage the code and the different packages of libraries.

Concerning a forum, I think the best place to speak about is here for several reasons like the possible communication with LO developers (To admin> let's me know if it is wrong).

We will develop this site not only for LoControl, but also for all the projects we are going to do. (we have several points we want to develop, and we will operate step by step, the final release of the previous before launching a new dev.). But we clearly need an international plateform for dev, and it is building up.

Okay, cool ;) Definitely get in touch then. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Okay, cool ;) Definitely get in touch then, as there is some very important information you will want to know :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Galevsky,:D

We (JaBoG32_Zillion and JaBoG32_Dirty) are working on a similar project, and would want to know if you encountered the same problems with map convergence and meridian convergence.

http://forum.lockon.ru/viewtopic.php?p=49115#49115

When you plot positions on your screen, do you use the same scale vertically as horizontally (in degrees Lat/Lon), or do you correct the East-West scale with the sine of the Latitude?

Do you blend in any landmarks into the AWACS-screen, and if,...where do you derive those from?

Thanks,... Dirty :D

Hi Galevsky,

i wanted to come here aswell and say thank you for starting the topic and to everyone encouraging the extensive exporting features which are a glimpse of the lomac modding capabilities.

We also have responsibility in doing so. We need to avoid everything that leads to unfair addons and cheating :!: :!: :!:

As another future plan i would love to see a pro ACMI (Air Combat Manoeuvring Instrumentation) Tool similar to the one in falcon... Everyone who knows the Tool knows what i mean. The ACMI Tool in falcon is similar to the track recording option in lomac only it is, sorry to say, advanced...

It enables track recording from another much more analytical perspective since it shows radar lock lines, massively long wing trails and vehicle magnification allowing the dream of a debriefing or Air combat analysis...

If you C++ Dev's could realize something like this it would be awesome...

Meanwhile everyone intersted in simply exporting any radar like screen and unable to code C++ we have this ActionScript Flash project which handles things more down to earth and probably more simple and primitive...

JaBoG32_Zillion

P.S: Can you tell me if it will be possible to export Aircraft Position in simple and easy to understand X,Y,Z coordinates or if lat,lang will be the only exported data :?: