AWACS and Lua script

Wow this is nice. Ok I was already working on something very similar (AWACS & ACMI functionality), but have only done basic tests so far to get the data out of Lock On (which works fine though!).

LOS calculations are a no-go so far (except if someone would extract the elevation data of Lock On's terrain more or less manually), but I think a somewhat realistic AWACS function for multiplayer would still be very much possible.

Caretaker

ED Beta Test Team

As had others said before. AWACS/GCI module would be worth doing if it would have properties of a real radar -> no God's view.

I think eventually to minimize work for ED, the radar modelling (rpm, LOS, speed gates, etc.) could be done in this standalone AWACS/GCI module which would communicate via LUA w/ LOMAC.

I think the best way to insure this project will meet its expetations from hardcore simmers is to set it up as an open source, so that the high standard can be maintained.

Having proper AWACS/GCI was my long time wish (since I've served as GCI op) for Flanker series...

I applaud for starting this project!

The "state" of objects so far is however limited to things like position and heading, right?

I would love to see the LUA exports extended to events of all kinds, like weapon launches and hits... I understand similar things are already possible with the multiplayer log, will have to take a look at that one day - however having the same kind of event information through LUA for any kind of mission would make things more interesting, for ACMI-like or other forms of result evaluations, and possibly even more... ;)

Caretaker

ED Beta Test Team

As had others said before. AWACS/GCI module would be worth doing if it would have properties of a real radar -> no God's view.

I think eventually to minimize work for ED, the radar modelling (rpm, LOS, speed gates, etc.) could be done in this standalone AWACS/GCI module which would communicate via LUA w/ LOMAC.

I think the best way to insure this project will meet its expetations from hardcore simmers is to set it up as an open source, so that the high standard can be maintained.

Having proper AWACS/GCI was my long time wish (since I've served as GCI op) for Flanker series...

I applaud for starting this project!

I disagree with you, unfortunately, and it pains me for I am a fan of open source.

The problem here is that precicely because the module does all the processing while having /all/ the info, it may -not- be open source, otherwise someone could edit it to simply get gods eye view.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Lockon.ru site has been updated, new information in "Developer's journal" section.

Valery has posted a beta specs on LUA exports for v1.1

http://www.lockon.ru/index.php?end_pos=15&scr=default&lang=en

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

WOW!

And aircraft performance chars, too!

A question: Could we get a LoSetRoute command, so that we can modify an object's route on the fly, in the game?

In the same way, wuld it be possible to detect when a ground unit has reached a destroyed bridge so that its route may be altered?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Re: AWACS and Lua script

Hi everybody,

I am wondering if it is possible to ask the dev team for some improvement on lua abilities. I am coding a software that model an AWACS with C6 friends and I need some information that are not provided yet. I would really appreciate to share a few words about that with someone that could help me to know exactely what kind of information we will have in 1.1 version.

Many thanks.

I'm not certain I've understood the purpose of this entirely . . . . is this so you can have one pilot in MP vectoring others onto targets?

Yes. As if you were looking at the F-10 map, except that it will actually take things liek terrain into acocunt (hopefully) and other radar-type things like cross section etc etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Okay, so just a few answers today....

First off Galevsky, I think you've got a great idea. Will the console display heading and bearing? Speed information?

Of course it will. Just look at the empty panel.... many tools will appear to get BRAA informations, depending on mode etc...

We have thought about modeled mountains, with basic shapes : triangles.... if you project it on the ground, you have segments that represents the mountains.... you also know the vector from AWACS to each plane, so you can check if this vector goes across a mountain or not. If yes, we will determine if the vector is above the triangle line or not.

and : your radar targets ' date=' threat warning system e.t.c[/quote']

Unfortunately, we cannot know that information for IA aircraft..... so bad I am :(

I would love to see the LUA exports extended to events of all kinds, like weapon launches and hits... I understand similar things are already possible with the multiplayer log, will have to take a look at that one day - however having the same kind of event information through LUA for any kind of mission would make things more interesting, for ACMI-like or other forms of result evaluations, and possibly even more...

How can I say that............ ME TOO ;)

I disagree with you, unfortunately, and it pains me for I am a fan of open source.

The problem here is that precicely because the module does all the processing while having /all/ the info, it may -not- be open source, otherwise someone could edit it to simply get gods eye view.

And I agree with you : I am a C++ dev. and I am not sure that extending the code more than a small group in charge of the dev. could be a great thing.... but it is too earlier to say something about that, we must see what the LO dev. team will expect from us.

I'm not certain I've understood the purpose of this entirely . . . . is this so you can have one pilot in MP vectoring others onto targets?

Just imagine a player, who joins the game as a visitor, gets back to windows, launches an other application..... then, ready to enjoy his time. LOL

And I agree with you : I am a C++ dev. and I am not sure that extending the code more than a small group in charge of the dev. could be a great thing.... but it is too earlier to say something about that, we must see what the LO dev. team will expect from us.

Guys I understand your POV. I am also dev. ;) Thing is that your argument doesnt really hold ground due the fact that anyone can create God's view anyway if he wants to cheat. :)

I think that generally, people are too obsessed with what could cheaters do, which is counter productive, especially in given case. LOMAC is already 'too open' to be a secure. Why limit our creativity when nothing will be gained by it ;)

In the end it is your choice what will you do with your project. And I will respect your decision :)

This is true, however you're forgetting the laziness factor; if the software's already there, it's a snap to change and recompile.

Writing it from scratch is an entirely different matter though.

Perhaps, however, the console will have some security features built-in that can be somehow interoperated with the server (or specific servers will insert security features as needed and provide a binary compiled from slightly altered source code but; again, this depends on the server person having the tools to do this - same for the cheater...simple enough in linux, but not so simple in windows AFAIK)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bump!

Galevsky I hope you're still planning on doing this!

I hope you can implement LOS, range and aspect based difficulties in detection, as I had some ideas for using this without the in-game awacs (which is all-seeing) and this would make things much more interesting IMHO.

In particular this could be tied to say, a SAM's search radar, so the SR can be destroyed and you lose the signal.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

>>>

I think that generally, people are too obsessed with what could cheaters do, which is counter productive, especially in given case. LOMAC is already 'too open' to be a secure. Why limit our creativity when nothing will be gained by i

>>>

Ah yes. Agree. I find myself getting carried away with this..."I should implement this so <they> can't do that, or this, etc, etc". Suppose the most productive route is to add what capability you can so as to monitor things for cheaters.

Check-Six

Well, security -has- to be added, it should just follow the KISS principle. You shouldn't just ignore security, and you shouldn't obsess of it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:rock: Back in business ! :rock:

I was out of business for a long period, due to a prof. moving, but I am back and work will continue faster.

We have all we need to reach a good result, and we will do our best to release it.

More information will come soon.

Gal'

:rock: Back in business ! :rock:

I was out of business for a long period, due to a prof. moving, but I am back and work will continue faster.

We have all we need to reach a good result, and we will do our best to release it.

More information will come soon.

Gal'

Get in touch with me..I have found another programmer who wishes to help out and who has a lot of knowledge...

Check out the forums at 44th.hgmux.org, I've set up a forum there specifically for this project :)

There is much information to give to you,a s there has been some preliminary work done while you weren't looking for some things! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]