TARPS pod

Mich Mich

I myself know very little of the subject in depth, Naquaii and Gyrovague are the ones really knowledgeable regarding TARPS, but it was used to provide the RIO and pilot more precise navigation to take pictures over the exact desired spot. This means that the CAP changes for TARPS and several other integrations into the systems, HUD and TID symbology depending on control panel settings, which would also need to be done, etc. In short, it is a far more complex system than just a foto camera.

Just allow us to use it as a recon option, as personally i think it will add more realism and another purpose of flight to be able to photo enemy posistions!

Just think of the film "Behind enemy Lines"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GIVE ME BACK THE 80’s

Honestly, that "limited" functionality was all I was expecting to begin with, and I think it could still be incredibly useful for our squadron's ops. Looking forward to whenever it's implemented guys!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Sorry for resurrect this post (well we are near halloween XD), but I was learning about the non done functions of the CAP and "landed" here.

I have the viggen and I think is amazing the elint feature it has to recognize the battlefront. 

I know that is very limited in DCS right now, where all missions all the recognition intelligent has been done before, but I think this tasks will be more important in future, with the new upcomming dynamic campaign. So before attack, we have to know where are the enemy troups.

Hope this TARPS pod is implemented in future.

• 3 months later...

The recent F-14 Tomcast episode is I'm afraid going to prompt me to ask the obvious question:  Do HB still intend doing a TARPS pod?  I appreciate a feature is only as good as the people willing to implement its usage into missions/campaigns etc and recce in DCS is a bit of a niche market.  Hopefully somebody like Reflected would find a way to incorporate recce missions into one of his future Campaign, or even retrofit into an older one.  Adds a bit more variety and we know the F-14 certainly conducted a lot of such missions IRL.

Edited by JupiterJoe
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JupiterJoe said:

The recent F-14 Tomcast episode is I'm afraid going to prompt me to ask the obvious question:  Do HB still intend doing a TARPS pod?  I appreciate a feature is only as good as the people willing to implement its usage into missions/campaigns etc and recce in DCS is a bit of a niche market.  Hopefully somebody like Reflected would find a way to incorporate recce missions into one of his future Campaign, or even retrofit into an older one.  Adds a bit more variety and we know the F-14 certainly conducted a lot of such missions IRL.

https://trello.com/b/HsMiJggJ/heatblur-public-roadmap
It's on the roadmap

• Thanks 1

BreaKKer

CAG and Commanding Officer of:

Carrier Air Wing Five //  VF-154 Black Knights