Israeli Vipers by BarTzi

BarTzi

• 4 weeks later...

Updated to v1.0:

-Fixed the issue with bort numbers introduced in the recent patch

-Added the intake bort numbers (light blue), with a representation of the font used by the IAF (still WIP. It's very similar to the one provided by ED, except the numbers 2, 3 and 5 are different. The IAF uses a different font for the intake numbers and I'm still researching in order to get the most accurate result).

-Adjusted the position of several decals including the 117th logo, which was too big.

-Added a Barak 2020 version of the livery (see details below).

-The bort numbers on the tail are now placed symmetrically.

Before addressing the changes, I'd like to thank ED for going above and beyond here, providing us with alternative bort number positions. This will help greatly increase the realism of the liveries of the export versions.

IsmeDDy.png

Changes to the folder structure:

Each skin has a main folder (for example: IAF 101st squadron). All subversions of the skins (60th anniversary, or Barak 2020) use most of the main folder files, and their folders only contain the unique files for that skin.

Ths result is a massive reduction in file sizes, but the downside is that you can't change the names of the folder (otherwise you will have to edit some entries in the description files).

Barak 2020:

The IAF upgraded older block 30's with an avionics suite that is on par with their latest blocks of F16's. Some planes that were upgraded in that program have an additional logo (which reads 'Barak 2020' in Hebrew). That small logo is placed on the intake, just before the bort number. Barak in Hebrew means lightning, in case you are wondering why it has a lightning symbol on it.

I've decided to add a subversion of each skin with the decal for the sake of realism. It's totally optional and you can delete that folder if you don't intend to use it.

A picture of v1.0 with the new intake bort numbers and the Barak 2020 decal:

pQ30nu9.png

I plan to go over the livery pages and update them with new pictures, but I don't have a lot of free time on my hand so it will take a while.

Edited by BarTzi

Awesome looking skins, thanks!

Edit - noticed it was limited to Israeli Vipers, makes sense :)

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
at 1:08 we can see 60 anniversary barak plane. Glad to get such option too.

Hi Miro, I didn't quite understand if you meant that you would be glad to have the 60th anniversary version included, or that you are glad that it is included.

The liveries I made come in three versions:

1. The standard livery

2. Barak 2020 version, with the barak 2020 logo near the intake bort numbers

3. 60th anniversary version, if that squadron ever made one.

*There isn't a version that has both of the decals (60th and barak 2020). I decided it would probably confuse people.

They are all packed together, so if you downloaded the 117th livery, you also got the 60th anniversary one.

60th anniversary decals:

239uRgg.png

9fRa5jZ.png

k2HjGES.png

Edited by BarTzi

On video i posted we see f-16 with both decals, 60 anniversary and barak, there's a chance to include this option (both decals at once)?

BTW Nice work, i hope Your skins be official ones.

Edited by Miro

:pilotfly:

On video i posted we see f-16 with both decals, 60 anniversary and barak, there's a chance to include this option (both decals at once)?

BTW Nice work, i hope Your skins be official ones.

Absolutely. The version you are requesting already exists. I just didn't pack it with the rest of them because I thought it's too much.

BarTzi Im a Skin expert - Was Working in the developing of a new simulator few years ago, one of the things I was doing good was skins and colors - so I liked what you've made, but in my opinion it was a bit too Color-Full.. so I did a little own twist and made it look more realistic. did not changed anything yet but the Selective Colors.

attachment.php?attachmentid=243587&stc=1&d=1595926609

attachment.php?attachmentid=243588&stc=1&d=1595926609

attachment.php?attachmentid=243589&stc=1&d=1595926609

Screen_200727_153708.thumb.png.209d725ebe5ae07f931f1d7df5fa374a.png

Screen_200727_192350.thumb.png.ab4de62713b03477e4e3cd5aa262d502.png

Screen_200727_192409.thumb.png.85b8da79c1ea0981269d3af07272c648.png

I like that, a lot.

Thanks

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

BarTzi Im a Skin expert - Was Working in the developing of a new simulator few years ago, one of the things I was doing good was skins and colors - so I liked what you've made, but in my opinion it was a bit too Color-Full.. so I did a little own twist and made it look more realistic. did not changed anything yet but the Selective Colors.

Hi Wolfox1, I don't quite understand the context of color-full here, do you mean its too bright?

Those are the FS standard colors used by the IAF. It was compared many times with real life pictures of the jets, and I think the differences are mainly due to the way DCS does lighting, and they are subtle.

It's important to note that when the planes are parked outside and are used - this is exactly what happens to their paint. It becomes brighter and it deviates from the exact FS shade (especially the brown and the sand), which is what I was going for here.

However, I would happily look at your work (if you are willing to send it over) and compare it to mine. I will change if it it's more accurate overall.

Ofcourse I will share .. more over - take one of your skin files, lets say Main1, the middle part of the F16, open it in Photoshop

In the Top Menu Bar - Go to Image - Adjustments - Selective Colors and change the next values :

Reds

Cyan +50

Yellows

Yellow +35

Greens

Cyan -100

Yellow +100

And see the results : ) Told ya.. Expert at Photoshop and skins ...

Edited by Wolfox1

But there is more than just colors... some times one thing can be the game changer betwen good and bad... in this case its the nose... the skin it self can be very good, but without a good nose coloration -its a wasted job... take an example :

attachment.php?attachmentid=243704&stc=1&d=1596041004

So Nose Color can make the diffrence because it gives the rest of the plane and colors - a new prespective...

Time to day is a 2nd factor ... you always have to make sure your skin looks good at Day Light, but also at night time or dusk where colors are changing and you still have to manage the colors in the same day light shape.

attachment.php?attachmentid=243705&stc=1&d=1596041035

And the total colors as I mentioned befor - Selective Colors can define each color RGB-BW-NATURALS Into 5-7 diffrent sections of Cyan and greens and reds and yellows and blacks... so you have to get close as you can to get realistic results

But you dont have to fly realistic :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=243706&stc=1&d=1596041035

Screen_200729_175218.thumb.png.0e0b013da62b559701b7d7b263ffe1a4.png

Screen_200729_183624.thumb.png.deefd4e1f0b9928a86705d8374b17f9c.png

Screen_200729_180610.thumb.png.f161f5779a7dbb2a198be92a9cf6895b.png

Hi Wolfox1, I wasn't questioning your expertise (even though you just came out on nowhere) and I appreciate the feedback - but I don't think calling the livery I made a wasted job is a respectful way of criticizing it.

1. Ramat David is a 20min drive from my place at the moment. I've done the reaserch - and I know what the planes look like. I wanted it to be bright since that's what happens when they are parked outside for years. Your suggestion brings it closer to the actual FS colors which is not something I personally like.

2. Time of day: lighting is done by DCS. The livery matches real world pictures that I have over

here.

3. The nose cone is supposed to be bright, it's a newer block that the IAF never owned. I wanted it to look like the F16I.

It's not a replication of the Barak, and it's not going to be. It's not the same plane and some elements had to be borrowed. No matter how you look at it, it's a fictional livery.

I toned down the sun exposure effect and released v1.1 with a slightly darker nose cone (my friends over here will share their opinions on it). If you have something to say, do it in a respectful way via private messeges. This is not what this thread is for - don't come here to pick apart my work and then brag about it.

Edited by BarTzi

Excellent work BarTzi!!! I'd like to ask you a technical question. There are some details (I mean only aesthetic and not functional) that differentiate the Barak from the block 50. Could it be possible to reproduce these details? For example: enlarged tail fin, larger RWR behind the radome, absence of IFF slice antenna, etc. Again, it would only be aesthetic changes on the simulated F-16 model. Thanks in advance for your kind attention and congratulations on your work!

Excellent work BarTzi!!! I'd like to ask you a technical question. There are some details (I mean only aesthetic and not functional) that differentiate the Barak from the block 50. Could it be possible to reproduce these details? For example: enlarged tail fin, larger RWR behind the radome, absence of IFF slice antenna, etc. Again, it would only be aesthetic changes on the simulated F-16 model. Thanks in advance for your kind attention and congratulations on your work!

I think you will have to mod the plane somehow to make it happen (there's a CFT mod out there already so it might be possible). However, I'm not sure if it will break IC or not. Making 3d models isn't something I know too much about.

@Miro Vv1.2 is the updated version, and it also includes the additional liveries you requested. Enjoy!

Edited by BarTzi

I think you will have to mod the plane somehow to make it happen (there's a CFT mod out there already so it might be possible). However, I'm not sure if it will break IC or not. Making 3d models isn't something I know too much about.

@Miro Vv1.2 is the updated version, and it also includes the additional liveries you requested. Enjoy!

Thank you! I will investigate and if I can get something, I will let you know, why surely you are very good on liveries!!:thumbup:

Awesome skins, thank you!

Do you have any plans for the 105 (Scorpion), 119 (Bat), and 253 (Negev)?

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

• 3 weeks later...

Perfect for Syria, thanks.

P.S. Just use a simple zip for compression, dude. We don't need winzip, winrar, etc.

Edited by gavagai

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Perfect for Syria, thanks.

P.S. Just use a simple zip for compression, dude. We don't need winzip, winrar, etc.

You don't, but I have to. I'm limited to 300Mb per livery, otherwise I won't be able to upload them to ED's website.