All MAVS miss target

bandit______

Hi fellow dcs-pilots, I hope you all are safe.

I have a problem with hitting target using mavericks and liteningpod. I use the F-version of the MAV. litening pod on center pylon and I start from airfiled.

The problem is that all MAVS miss their target with 20-30 meters. Every time!:joystick:

I have watched EVERY tutorial on the subject on youtube and I cannot see what I do wrong. The lightening pod it locks perfectly on the target using point-track, and the MAVS seem get a good lock. If I skip the pod and only use the maverick seeker it works like perfectly.

:helpsmilie:

Cheers,

Bandit

I have a problem with hitting target using mavericks and liteningpod. I use the F-version of the MAV. litening pod on center pylon and I start from airfiled.

The problem is that all MAVS miss their target with 20-30 meters.

... I cannot see what I do wrong. The lightening pod it locks perfectly on the target using point-track, and the MAVS seem get a good lock. If I skip the pod and only use the maverick seeker it works like perfectly.

Please post a track

Do you lase the target?

The AGM-65F has an IR seeker.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• ED Team

Seems to be working fine for me.

Please add a track replay we can all take a look

thanks

Screen_200401_110024.thumb.jpg.9285047632589433a830c755576132e5.jpg

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I believe the main issue is that players are using the TGP to acquire targets for the AGM-65F, a function that has not been declared operational by ED. Yes, the function almost works in that the MAV seeker does automatically slew to the VICINITY of the TGP designation, but the MAV and TGP LOS's do not exactly coincide in the current version of the OB.

To use that function now, with TGP LOS slaved to a WP, requires the following awkward procedure:

SOI to TGP DDI

HSI: select WP then WPDSG to slave TGP LOS

TGP acquire and designate target. MAV slews to target vicinity.

SOI to MAV DDI. Undesignate (undesignates BOTH MAV and TGP).

Slew MAV seeker and acquire valid target.

Release weapon when in parameters.

SOI back to TGP DDI

Rinse and repeat.

Two current features make this awkward. The MAV seeker and TGP LOS do not coincide close enough to allow the MAV to acquire the intended target. Undesignate applies to both the weapon and the TGP.

Habu_69 I think your post 2 above sums this whole issue with TGP and Mav Fs perfectly. If this is how the real system actually operates I’m surprised any pilot would want to use that combination at all. I tried and tried but have now given up so hopefully as you say it’s WIP.

Cause F version need IR acquisition. Targeting pod just point the seeker of the Maverick on the right spot but you need the seeker to lock on target in order to hit it. Have you tried lasing E version?

That's exactly it. I just used the mavs right after the last update and out of four 65Fs I only missed once and it was my fault.

Windows 10 Pro x64 NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 8700K @ 5.0GHz (Cooled by H150i Pro), 32GB DDR4 @3200, Asus Maximus X, TM Warthog with F-18 stick, TPR Rudder, Oculus Rift S

I press TDC depress. How do I get it to lock?

TDC press is correct but I suggest you visit HABU post on page 1 to see what your problem is. Guessing you are assuming that the Mav is following the pod exactly and that when you TDC press you are locking onto the tank which obviously is not happening. Even going through the HABU method you still must go to the mav page and lock it up to the correct target as the pod only gets you into the neighborhood.

Now also keep in mind that TDC press is only if you have the optional method checked in the options. Otherwise it is TDC press and hold then slew and release TDC press when over the target to lock. I have the optional method enabled as I find it much easier/less annoying than having to hold the TDC press.

Unless you are really hung up on doing it that way just suggest doing it Mav page only. Only time it doesn't work great for me is if the Mav sees something else close by it wants to lock on to when I TDC press. Other than that zero issues with using Mav F to kill targets.

Edited by Stubbies2003

I can't watch the track now, but the MAVF needs to lock to something, otherwise launch will be inhibited. I'm aware that the seeker doesn't look exactly on the designated target (WIP I guess), but still, it needs to lock at something. I'm just asking because bandit_ says that he aimed for the T-80s and ended up with craters on the ground. What did the seekers lock onto?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I think it is like Habu writes higher up in the thread, the TPOD does work so well yet with MAVS.

I noticed when use max zoom on MAV seeker and TPOD, then i hit 11 out 12 missiles. The lock reticle flickers in a wierd way but lock seem to hold most of the time.

Habu_69 I think your post 2 above sums this whole issue with TGP and Mav Fs perfectly. If this is how the real system actually operates I’m surprised any pilot would want to use that combination at all. I tried and tried but have now given up so hopefully as you say it’s WIP.

My time in 146 we never flew IR mavs outside of training. We took laser mavs in country.