F-16 Official template

BIGNEWY

• ED Team
And paste the code eight proposed AFTER the livery {} not inside the livery {} because that breaks the code and the livery does not show up in game or the model viewer

I don't think you can have a 4th digit

Hey. on the side numbers

1. There are three-digit numbers on the plane. some have an extra 4 bit, but it is not animated and is used as a decal.

2. Registration of board numbers is as before. the material with the tail number must register your main texture in channel 0, the roughness texture if it differs from the default in channel 2 and your texture number in the DECAL channel.

3. animation arguments are needed to hide unnecessary numbers or switch between types. we used to write an empty texture for numbers that are not needed on the skin, now this is not necessary, although this still works.

4. and wish. For a single-color texture of the side number of the aircraft, you need to make the main background fill with the color of the number digits. this is necessary for the correct switching of mip maps when the model is removed from the camera.

" Умное выражение лица - это еще не признак ума. Все глупости на Земле делаются именно с этим выражением лица..."

• ED Team
Hey, I'm thinking about using the new board numbers. Can one of you tell me if these numbers can go from three to four digits?

we have an animation of only three digits of the number. therefore, all numbers are three-digit. if there is a need for the fourth category, then it can be drawn in the skin.

" Умное выражение лица - это еще не признак ума. Все глупости на Земле делаются именно с этим выражением лица..."

Okay! That worked. Odd because I've attempted this before as it is shown in post 76. Thank you! I 'm not sure why it wouldn't work for me before, but the game did just patch.

"Now how do I land this thing?" *Sound of pages turning*

• ED Team

there will no longer be such changes that greatly affect the skins. If numbers are added, then by default they will be turned off and to activate them, you will need to register a couple of lines in the file

• 2 months later...

I'm trying to implement white and black bort numbers for my skin.

Now I want to color the refuel door numbers in white and the nose numbers in black. The problem being that both number placements use the same texture or description line to call up the texture.

So that it is not possible to have both numbers in a different color, except for the first digit of the nose numbers. The line for that would be:

F16_bl50_MAT1_BORT_NUMBER_X100

to color the first digit in black, the remaining 3 stay white.

Am I missing something or is it not possible to color the whole 4 digit number on the nose in a different color than the refuel door numbers?

It surprises me since on actual F-16's with the two gray tone paint scheme the top numbers aren't the same color as on the nose.

Love your ROAF skins mate.

I think you mixed something up there.

So there is no way to color these numbers differently. Perhaps it is planned to change that and give the front numbers a separate texture or their own line of code?

Or tell me the reason to have the first digit colored, the rest 3 not.

• 2 weeks later...
over time, we will improve the template and fix the errors. if there is a problem with masks then convert them to simple objects. we just did not have time to do this. This should eliminate errors. Textures were drawn in another program and exported to psd, so errors are possible. we’ll fix it over time

Okay. When?

Pic_1 - Before saving

https://ibb.co/mvDmJ8C

Pic_2 - After saving (dds file)

https://ibb.co/Lz9shpc

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 months later...

About issues with F16_bl50_Main_2. That psd file uses some custom color profile, all other files use sRGB IEC61966-2.1. 

Basically you see wrong color (more washed out), than what is actually there.

You can see it here. Those are the same colors, they have same HEX/RGB codes. They're just displayed differently in photoshop, because of that different color profile. When you export it into dds, it will actually look like it's supposed to, ie. bright red will look like bright red and won't be washed out - that are those "main_2 dds is darker" issues.

Anyway, anybody knows how to convert that file to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 without PS trying to keep same appearance and ruining the template in the process (making everything washed out)?

Or maybe ED can export that file again, with proper color profile? Please and thank you.

main2.png

• 4 months later...

so it seems that ED removed two of the BORT arguments from the F-16...as well as some of the 'options' for the tail bort location

Rig: intel i9-9900kf @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming

1 hour ago, Sawamura said:

Was reported as a bug. Fingers crossed it's fixed soon.

cheers.  wasn't sure where the best place to report it was.

Rig: intel i9-9900kf @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming

On 7/31/2021 at 3:27 PM, _SteelFalcon_ said:

Is there a helmet template that allows to customize pilot helmets? Repainting the pilot helmet dds seems to mirror to the other side, resulting in mirrored text on the left side of the helmet. Any help would be appreciated

until they update the pilot/helmet like they did with the Hornet, that's all we have so far for the Viper. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Am I the only person who thinks this is way too overcomplicated and poorly documented? This is the closest thing I could find to what I was looking for. I would very much like to find a guide or reference of any kind that actually satisfactory explained the arguments, valid values etc. with these "Bort" numbers. Ideally something a little more descriptive than this. It would be great if someone knew how to customize further than the options available.

image.png

Lets say I wanted to add a field to show the pilots name next to the canopy for instance and this would be a simple field that can be filled out in the editor so names can be changed without having to generate a new texture. Regardless of if you have a template that can still be a lot of work. I see some of the things I want to do with skin customization being done here on this thread too but not very much in the way of explanation. Perhaps there's a YouTube tutorial on this I'm just not finding?

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone,

I am rather new to making skins and am running into a problem with the Viper templates.
Editing done: change the basecolour and add some text/emblem/flag. Now if I use my skin all the outlines of coat of arms, stencils & Co. show up.
But in Photoshop I can't see any of the artifacts, only in model viewer and the game itself. Is this a .lua Problem?

Thanks and stay healthy 😄

Screenshot 2021-11-28 115548.jpg

Screenshot 2021-11-28 114353.jpg

5 hours ago, S3ntry said:

Hey everyone,

I am rather new to making skins and am running into a problem with the Viper templates.
Editing done: change the basecolour and add some text/emblem/flag. Now if I use my skin all the outlines of coat of arms, stencils & Co. show up.
But in Photoshop I can't see any of the artifacts, only in model viewer and the game itself. Is this a .lua Problem?

Thanks and stay healthy 😄

Screenshot 2021-11-28 115548.jpg

Screenshot 2021-11-28 114353.jpg

What you are seeing are the roughmets, I suggest looking up a few livery making tutorials if you want to learn more about it! 

Edited by Roughmaster

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 3/11/2021 at 12:19 AM, 312_strycekFido said:

About issues with F16_bl50_Main_2. That psd file uses some custom color profile, all other files use sRGB IEC61966-2.1. 

Basically you see wrong color (more washed out), than what is actually there.

You can see it here. Those are the same colors, they have same HEX/RGB codes. They're just displayed differently in photoshop, because of that different color profile. When you export it into dds, it will actually look like it's supposed to, ie. bright red will look like bright red and won't be washed out - that are those "main_2 dds is darker" issues.

Anyway, anybody knows how to convert that file to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 without PS trying to keep same appearance and ruining the template in the process (making everything washed out)?

Or maybe ED can export that file again, with proper color profile? Please and thank you.

main2.png

You are correct, main 2 template has different color profile making it near impossible to match it to other parts seamlessly. My photoshop managed the conversion OK i think, no washing away like in your pic. Heres the file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d7SrV3-a6ejZabQcDXvJniU-szUuKFIe/view?usp=sharing

Anyone know if it is possible to reskin the HTS pod? Template anyone?

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi gents,

I'm looking for a F-16 pilot and helmet templates. Two questions: 1- Does anyone have them? 2- Does that anyone mind to share them? Thanks for advance

Edited by OLD CROW

A simple Human being's Passion

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]