EDM EXPORTER for Blender 2.8

tobi

Hello everyone, first and foremost I want to say thank you to Tobi for making this fantastic add-on, hats off to you! Also, I have been using 2.83 LTS for the time being because the add-on says it's for 2.8. Question is, with 2.91 having been recently released and a lot of new features being really appealing(New boolean system, I'm looking at you :smilewink:), I am wondering if this add-on will work reliably with 2.91?

The smiley world tells me that you can have multiple versions of blender on one system and you can even test your output with ease.

Hello everyone, first and foremost I want to say thank you to Tobi for making this fantastic add-on, hats off to you! Also, I have been using 2.83 LTS for the time being because the add-on says it's for 2.8. Question is, with 2.91 having been recently released and a lot of new features being really appealing(New boolean system, I'm looking at you :smilewink:), I am wondering if this add-on will work reliably with 2.91?

@Djent33 Not really what I am asking for... I am not just asking if anyone has working, but rather if anyone has it working reliably. I have a project that is a good bit moved along and I don't want to trade reliability for new features.

The MIRAGE is as invulnerable to the opponent's hits as the mirage is unreachable to the desert traveler.

i7 7700k @ 5Ghz - 32Gb DDR4 - 2Tb M.2 SSD - GTX 1080Ti

I understand, I haven’t tested all features in 2.9 but an export of an object with lighting worked, I opened a 2.9 blend file in 2.8 and it also worked.

If it’s about mash and mapping then yeah, if it’s about special effects then I guess it trial and error.

Hi, i switched to 2.9 as early as possible and had no problems at all. I did not test every feature with every little detail but i think between 2.8 and 2.9 no major changes appeared in blender which could cause problems with the addon

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm installing this add-on on Blender 2.91 and can't see it in plugin list but blender console said it's installed correctly. After few unsuccessful installations I downloaded Blender 1.83 LTS but still the same problem.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/13/2021 at 1:29 PM, Veteran66 said:

Hi

i get a Error when i export my Blender (2.9) File to EDM:

"Mantlet" is not a tri or quad. Mesh is not exported

i use Strg + T and Alt + J

nothing solved ma export problem

work now not all selected 🙂

I have the same error! even tried to use a Remesh modifier, still no joy.

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

1 hour ago, tobi said:

Did you try to find the faces which are not tri or quad?

Yes I think that was the problem, I didn't know about that find function, I will look it up.

I have applied a render mesh modifier and exported that mesh and it works and I can see it in game! 🙂

Thanks for this Blender plugin Tobi!,

really good work, 3DS Max is sooo expensive just to play around with.

Long live open source!

• Like 1

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

Hello !

Thank you very much for this plugin who had permitted me to make my own 3d model (I think by the way it is the only free solution existing to export in edm)

I am currently encountering a problem to have a metalness map in dcs : I did a lot of try, and to the end I download free pbr textures map, in order to be sure the problem was not from me ! So, when I try to add a metalness map in the edm render, and I go to see in DCS, there is no metalness at all on the shape (For now I just try on a part of the plane) But as you can see the albedo map is working (it is chipped paint metal texture)

When I look on the roughtmet map, it seems to be a little bright, but it should work at least a little, and this is not the case (see image)

So after lot of test, I think that the Roughtmet map which is proposed in the edm render is only a roughtness map, so it  will not really give a metallic effect, but a shinny/mat effect

I would be so happy if you tell me that I am wrong, I made a mistake and there is a way to obtain metallic shader ! (and if you can tell me how?)

Thank you for this wonderfull plugin anyway

Capture.PNG

chipped-paint-metal-rough2.png

Capture2.PNG

On 3/27/2021 at 8:10 AM, jib said:

3DS Max is sooo expensive just to play around with.

3DS Max Indie is 280$ per year. Not that bad for 100% compatible software, and no export headaches ever.

• Like 1

The MIRAGE is as invulnerable to the opponent's hits as the mirage is unreachable to the desert traveler.

i7 7700k @ 5Ghz - 32Gb DDR4 - 2Tb M.2 SSD - GTX 1080Ti

On 3/30/2021 at 4:46 PM, mechatoine said:

3DS Max Indie is 280$ per year. Not that bad for 100% compatible software, and no export headaches ever.

That is good to know you can get a licence that is not $1000's a year! , I could probably get my hands on an educational licence from family, but it doesn't feel very honest, I would prefer if the free open source tools became more used and better developed so I will keep tinkering with Blender.

• Thanks 1