No Sound in Oculus Rift while playing DCS

Che-Tan Luta

All, I was wondering if anyone has had a problem with having no sound while flying using Oculus Rift S? While flying, there is no sound, but when you go to reset the view, you have sound. To give some background, it all worked very well until about December when both DCS and Oculus updated pretty much at the same time, after that, as stated above. I have uninstalled and re installed both Oculus and DCS, and tried going from rift head phones to default, back and forth in both programs, but still have the sound issues. If someone has any insight I would be most appreciative. Thanks in advance.

Check your sound output settings in DCS. They recently added some new stuff in there.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hi dburne, went back and looked at settings and played with them a few times, I now have sound. Thanks for having me check the sound outputs.

Red Hawk

:thumbup:

Most welcome, enjoy!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

This keeps happening to me during multiplayer, requiring me to trouble shoot sound, enable or disable enhancements, then go to the sound options in DCS, and switch from default to oculus, back to defualt. Then the game sound comes back. But yes I have been having the same issue.

| CyperPower PC | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ 4.4 GHz | 64Gb DDR4 3200 MHz | Radeon RX 5700 8Gb | 32" Samsung Curve| Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster T160000 HOTAS + Rudder Pedals | Windows 10-64 |

This keeps happening to me during multiplayer, requiring me to trouble shoot sound, enable or disable enhancements, then go to the sound options in DCS, and switch from default to oculus, back to defualt. Then the game sound comes back. But yes I have been having the same issue.

I think today's update mentioned some fix for the audio.

Don B

• 1 year later...

Hi Everyone,

I am having the same No Audio issue with DCS. I am able to play other applications just fine with audio but no matter what options I set I hear no audio while in DCS using the Rift S.  Can someone please share there exact settings that they are using to resolve this problem?

Thanks for your time!

Outta Missiles, Outta Bullets, Switching to Harsh Language!

Post a screenshot of your ingame audio settings if you which, it's easier for us.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

On 9/11/2021 at 8:13 PM, Airasys said:

Hi Everyone,

I am having the same No Audio issue with DCS. I am able to play other applications just fine with audio but no matter what options I set I hear no audio while in DCS using the Rift S.  Can someone please share there exact settings that they are using to resolve this problem?

Thanks for your time!

Go to Settings > Audio settings. There you can choose which outputs are being used by DCS, just choose the Rift S headphones or whatever they are called. 

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick.