DCS: Black Shark - Dev Updates - 09 July 2008

Wags

I understand :D It is similar to a polish word for something analogous :)

Do you guys have nicknames for the aircraft? I know they call the F-15 vampire, I think?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand :D It is similar to a polish word for something analogous :)

Do you guys have nicknames for the aircraft? I know they call the F-15 vampire, I think?

Vampire? You mean in Poland? I don't hear this before.

As for the Russia/Ukraine we have nicknames for some NATO planes. For example A-10 also called "Чебурашка" ("Cheburashka" - wide known in exUSSR cartoon hero. Today he is also very popular in Japan. En excellent cartoon indeed.) or even "Чебуратор" (a compilation of words "Cheburashka" + "Terminator":)).

I don't know any custom nickname for F-15, for many NATO planes we use their official nicknames, often in translated or transliterated variant.

Open your eyes, open yor mind... ©Guano Apes

Sorry for my bad english.

I noticed many references to 'vampires' on the Russian forum (I use a translator) ... maybe it was bad translation. Also, I saw a lot of of references to 'virpilov' which I assume means virtual pilots.

And seriously ... Cheburashka? :D http://opankey.com/files/sochi/cheburashka.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I noticed many references to 'vampires' on the Russian forum (I use a translator) ...

I am lost in conjectures what can be translated in this way:music_whistling:

Can you show me example of standalone translated post with those "vampires"?

Also, I saw a lot of of references to 'virpilov' which I assume means virtual pilots.

Yes, this is correct. Virpil - virtual pilot. "Virpilov" - is a dative case of "virpil" in plural form.

And seriously ... Cheburashka? :D http://opankey.com/files/sochi/cheburashka.jpg

Yepp!:) Compare front view with your pic. Tip: engines=ears -)

cheburashka.jpg

a10-2.gif

Edited by Dunkan Aidaho

Just a guess, but could 'Vampires' be referring to the de Havilland Vampire?

No.

I think i know which phrases probably can be translated as "F-15 Vampire" and if I'm right... lets say I prefer to wait GGTharos answer before I will start laughing:)

I can't really find those right now ... maybe it was a translation issue ... I used to use babelfish :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So...

May 16 DCS Update

For all of these aircraft, we now have all the needed data to model them properly to DCS standards (very important a big factor of what does and does not go into DCS as a flyable). It is important to remember that all of these aircraft will be modeled to the same level of detail as the Black Shark in DCS.

That translates in my opinion to;

* DCS release delayed until after the year >=2012 when planet X Niburu comes to visit us.

* Doe this mean that Su-27 / F-15 as it is in current LOFC wont be included? Therefore even longer delays to DCS?

I was wondering;

1. Which of those a/c will actually be flyable on the day of LOFC release?

We have been waiting so long for DCS another 2 years wont be that a big deal :cry:.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

* DCS release delayed until after the year >=2012 when planet X Niburu comes to visit us.

* Doe this mean that Su-27 / F-15 as it is in current LOFC wont be included? Therefore even longer delays to DCS?

I was wondering;

We have been waiting so long for DCS another 2 years wont be that a big deal :cry:.

How about reading the FAQ? http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=718&scr=default&lang=en

Q: I own “Lock On”, which was also developed by Eagle Dynamics, and I want to know if “Lock On” aircraft will be part of DCS?

A: DCS is a whole new product line and is not compatible with “Lock On”. The only flyable aircraft in the initial release of DCS will be the Ka-50. DCS and Lock On will not be multiplayer compatible.

Q: While is it good that Eagle strives to make very detailed vehicle simulations, how about developing some additional vehicles at a lesser detail level that you may not have complete data for

A: Given our equal focus on military-grade simulations for non-entertainment purposes, we now only pursue projects that we have ample data for such that we can demo to the military as representative of what we can do for them. Guess work is not an option. While no synthetic simulation will ever be 100% accurate given the constraints of the PC platform, we strive to be as close to that as we can. Knowingly making educated guesses is again not an option (see point 1). This level of detail is one of the primary hallmarks of the new DCS line of products and just one thing that separates it from the Lock On line and other PC-based helicopter sims. We realize that this restricts us to the number of aircraft we can model, but even with the aircraft we have good data for, we will be busy for at least the next decade.

Q: When?

A: 2008

:music_whistling:

Edit: Cya at the final of EM'08...we will win:P

Edited by Duke49th

So...

I was wondering;

DCS is going to be released in a Modular fashion..DCS:Black Shark first (this year */pray*) , then other Modules "roughly every 9 months" thereafter.

I hope the USMC ask Eagle D to model a desktop simulator for their Harrier pilots. That will make me happier than a fly on steaming poo-poo.

I feel exactly the same!!!

And flies LOVE poo-poo more than anything in the world, lol you're funny Leafer!! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Is it still anybody living in DCS ???

No news since may !!!

BS was annouced for 2008 but we heard now 2009 !!!!

We are waiting since sooooooooo long.

Guys I think it's time to workkkkk.

I am bored to wait your product and I will see wat's possible with FSX !!!

My simpit of the KA-50 is ready but I have to fly since february with the SU-25T !!!!

2008 didn't end yet, so...

but IMo real date for publish will be 2009-2010, we will see later...

Edited by Boberro
date mistake
  • Like 1

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Get to work then, you'll be less bored! ;)

PS: You can't actually shoot at anything in FSX. :lol:

Guys I think it's time to workkkkk.

I am bored to wait your product and I will see wat's possible with FSX !!!

My simpit of the KA-50 is ready but I have to fly since february with the SU-25T !!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Get to work then, you'll be less bored! ;)

PS: You can't actually shoot at anything in FSX. :lol:

If one day I annouce to my boss a product for end 2007 and if I say Ohhh sorry it will be for 2009..for sure, i will be fired since long time !:)

lol, even funny movie ;]

Edited by Boberro

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

2008 didn't end yet, so...

but IMo real date for publish will be 2009-2010, we will see later...

Don't be a pessimist Bober. I know it's our compatriots' trait but don't because You'll croak this delay out (I'm superstitious and it's another trait of Poles ;)).

Since Black Shark doesn't have any direct competition, they can develop this as long as they want :) Although the Lockon engine might start showing signs of aging if they delay for too long but there's almost 6 months left of this year so lets hope for the best :)