No Campaign

peterwinship

Have been trying the AV-8B today and I really love the cockpit graphics. Love everything about it, in fact. Fantastic work, just like the Mirage and the Mig19, which I already have. Was thinking of buying it, but - there's no campaign? There's not even a campaign you can buy? Is that right? So if, as I do, you mainly fly SP, then there's not too much you can do with it, unless I start creating my own missions for it?

Thanks.

So if, as I do, you mainly fly SP, then there's not too much you can do with it, unless I start creating my own missions for it?

More or less but the Harrier is flexible so it's easy enough to take a A-10C, Ka-50 or Gazelle mission and convert it.

My logbook shows the AV-8B has the highest flight hours of all my modules, so lack of SP content has never been an issue but YMMV.

Note: There are 5 user made campaigns for the Harrier.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?set_filter=Y&arrFilter_pf%5Bfiletype%5D=3&arrFilter_pf%5Bgameversion%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Bfilelang%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Baircraft%5D=501&arrFilter_DATE_CREATE_1_DAYS_TO_BACK=&CREATED_BY=&sort_by_order=TIMESTAMP_X_DESC&set_filter=Filter

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2070 Super 8GB, 1TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 1+1TB SSD, MSFFB2 joystick, X52 Pro Throttle, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Was thinking of buying it, but - there's no campaign? There's not even a campaign you can buy?

Baltic Dragon has a Campaign on the making, called "OTTOMAN COURIER" set on the Caucasus and with 10 missions. It is expected on Q4 2020. He is also currently writing the definitive Manual for the Harrier that could be here on Q2 2020

Also, currently the Harrier has one of the most complete set of Training mission available for a DCS aircraft.

Finally, learning to edit simple missions is a skill that has enormously increased my enjoyment of DCS .. it is totally worth it to dedicate some time to learn at least the basics of the Editor. The new manual of DCS is now a pretty good introduction to the Editor.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I noticed there was no campaign too, but ended up buying it anyways...free trial successful ED!

Should be more of them throughout the year, and MAKE THEM LONGER than 2 days please...5 to 7 days like other, much easier-to-learn games do (I know it wasn't practical with this trial schedule). I was thinking of the F16 too, but didn't get a chance to really try it out. Harrier has been on my radar since it came out.

As has been said, the training missions for the Harrier are the best I've seen, and it looks like there's 100+ hours just doing them.

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

Hey guys, thanks - I hope these training missions will get you up to speed. Once you finish them, make sure to check Sedlo's missions!

My campaign is indeed in the making: first 5 missions will be included with the module for free (and should be ready by June); then further 10 will be available as DLC.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

My campaign is indeed in the making: first 5 missions will be included with the module for free (and should be ready by June); then further 10 will be available as DLC.

That's nice to know, I wasnt aware of the 5 missions included with the Harrier ... so the Campaign is actually 15 missions long :thumbup: ... can't wait to fly it.

Best regards.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

would highly recommend Seedlo missions they are very well done.

Go to user downloads on the website filter by mission and harrier and there is plenty of content for you to enjoy. Operation Broken Cauldron on the PG map is also a good one, with realistic ATO missions for harriers.

Also operation clear field is a sandbox style mission which you can alter yourself in ME if you so wish to change time of day etc, load out . Has lots of spawning missions which is probably the next best thing to multiplayer away from the Single player missions by seedlo.

---------------------------------------------------------------

DCS | F14B | AV-8B | F18C | F16C | A10C | JF17 | Viggen | L-39 | MIG 15 | SU27 | SU33 | F15 | MI8 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | Spitfire | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria

Liquid Cooled i7 9700K @ 5Ghz & OC RTX2080 Ti Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3200 MHz | 500GB SSD m2 | Oculus Rift S | TM Warthog | Virpil T50/Warbrd Base | Cougar MFD | Saitek Side Panel | Steel Series Arctis 7 Heaphones

I tried as well and I ended up buying it. The vast amount of training mission were enough to get me to pull the trigger. That should be the strategy moving forward...include a good training regiment and i bet it would lead to better sales for the modern jets at least.

• 2 weeks later...

Came back here after completing Sedlo's campaign. Amazing stuff!!! Radio communications are as true to life as they can be, the missions are not too long and very well scripted. Made me laugh when the tower noticed that I broke left instead of right, and the pilot apologized! Together with the great training missions it makes the Harrier module one of the best.

i5-4670K@4.5, 16GB DDR3, 1080ti, NVMe, W11pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, G2, OB Latest