No Campaign

peterwinship

Have been trying the AV-8B today and I really love the cockpit graphics. Love everything about it, in fact. Fantastic work, just like the Mirage and the Mig19, which I already have. Was thinking of buying it, but - there's no campaign? There's not even a campaign you can buy? Is that right? So if, as I do, you mainly fly SP, then there's not too much you can do with it, unless I start creating my own missions for it?

Thanks.

So if, as I do, you mainly fly SP, then there's not too much you can do with it, unless I start creating my own missions for it?

More or less but the Harrier is flexible so it's easy enough to take a A-10C, Ka-50 or Gazelle mission and convert it.

My logbook shows the AV-8B has the highest flight hours of all my modules, so lack of SP content has never been an issue but YMMV.

Note: There are 5 user made campaigns for the Harrier.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?set_filter=Y&arrFilter_pf%5Bfiletype%5D=3&arrFilter_pf%5Bgameversion%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Bfilelang%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Baircraft%5D=501&arrFilter_DATE_CREATE_1_DAYS_TO_BACK=&CREATED_BY=&sort_by_order=TIMESTAMP_X_DESC&set_filter=Filter

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Was thinking of buying it, but - there's no campaign? There's not even a campaign you can buy?

Baltic Dragon has a Campaign on the making, called "OTTOMAN COURIER" set on the Caucasus and with 10 missions. It is expected on Q4 2020. He is also currently writing the definitive Manual for the Harrier that could be here on Q2 2020

Also, currently the Harrier has one of the most complete set of Training mission available for a DCS aircraft.

Finally, learning to edit simple missions is a skill that has enormously increased my enjoyment of DCS .. it is totally worth it to dedicate some time to learn at least the basics of the Editor. The new manual of DCS is now a pretty good introduction to the Editor.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I noticed there was no campaign too, but ended up buying it anyways...free trial successful ED!

Should be more of them throughout the year, and MAKE THEM LONGER than 2 days please...5 to 7 days like other, much easier-to-learn games do (I know it wasn't practical with this trial schedule). I was thinking of the F16 too, but didn't get a chance to really try it out. Harrier has been on my radar since it came out.

As has been said, the training missions for the Harrier are the best I've seen, and it looks like there's 100+ hours just doing them.

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

Hey guys, thanks - I hope these training missions will get you up to speed. Once you finish them, make sure to check Sedlo's missions!

My campaign is indeed in the making: first 5 missions will be included with the module for free (and should be ready by June); then further 10 will be available as DLC.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

My campaign is indeed in the making: first 5 missions will be included with the module for free (and should be ready by June); then further 10 will be available as DLC.

That's nice to know, I wasnt aware of the 5 missions included with the Harrier ... so the Campaign is actually 15 missions long :thumbup: ... can't wait to fly it.

Best regards.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

would highly recommend Seedlo missions they are very well done.

Go to user downloads on the website filter by mission and harrier and there is plenty of content for you to enjoy. Operation Broken Cauldron on the PG map is also a good one, with realistic ATO missions for harriers.

Also operation clear field is a sandbox style mission which you can alter yourself in ME if you so wish to change time of day etc, load out . Has lots of spawning missions which is probably the next best thing to multiplayer away from the Single player missions by seedlo.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

I tried as well and I ended up buying it. The vast amount of training mission were enough to get me to pull the trigger. That should be the strategy moving forward...include a good training regiment and i bet it would lead to better sales for the modern jets at least.

• 2 weeks later...

Came back here after completing Sedlo's campaign. Amazing stuff!!! Radio communications are as true to life as they can be, the missions are not too long and very well scripted. Made me laugh when the tower noticed that I broke left instead of right, and the pilot apologized! Together with the great training missions it makes the Harrier module one of the best.

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would alert fellow Harrier drivers that I've updated my free campaign 'Operation Broken Cauldron'. Its still nothing compared to the masters of our community but I feel it is better now than it was over a year ago and I've learned sooo much with the editor since I've finished these missions. I am hoping my next idea will bring even more for the community to enjoy.

🇨🇦😎👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Gunnar81 said:

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would alert fellow Harrier drivers that I've updated my free campaign 'Operation Broken Cauldron'. Its still nothing compared to the masters of our community but I feel it is better now than it was over a year ago and I've learned sooo much with the editor since I've finished these missions. I am hoping my next idea will bring even more for the community to enjoy.

🇨🇦😎👍

Woohoo! Downloading now, thanks for your work man! 

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2021 at 4:45 PM, Gunnar81 said:

Hi everyone,

🇨🇦😎👍

Thank you!

This campaign has been in my list for a while but never got to it till now... I'm up to mission 6 but  I've found a couple of issue (besides the one @Parasiticus posted above):

1) Tanker's TACAN is not working: either set to a different channel than briefed (mission 7 iirc) or it is set as the last option on tanker's WP2 and does not get activated (5,6,8,9) (I peaked in the ME 🙂 )

2) Mission 4. When you receive the coordinates for tasking (trying to be vague to avoid spoilers) you might be in a different major UTM zone than the one for the coordinates and if you enter  the coordinates at that moment, well, estrange things happens (like a WP at  1000nm - Harrier's fault, not yours)

3) Up to mission 4, you give us the tasking and keep the coordinates accessible in the F10 menu (pretty cool feature if you ask me) but that changes in mission 5 and 6 and you have to note then down. Not really an issue but consistency is a good thing 🙂

It is a really good campaign so far and I'm having a lot of fun with it! Can't wait to finish those 3 mission left for me !

Edited by Draken35

On 12/22/2021 at 4:53 AM, Draken35 said:

Thank you!

This campaign has been in my list for a while but never got to it till now... I'm up to mission 6 but  I've found a couple of issue (besides the one @Parasiticus posted above):

1) Tanker's TACAN is not working: either set to a different channel than briefed (mission 7 iirc) or it is set as the last option on tanker's WP2 and does not get activated (5,6,8,9) (I peaked in the ME 🙂 )

2) Mission 5. When you receive the coordinates for tasking (trying to be vague to avoid spoilers) you might be in a different major UTM zone than the one for the coordinates and if you enter  the coordinates at that moment, well, estrange things happens (like a WP at  1000nm - Harrier's fault, not yours)

3) Up to mission 4, you give us the tasking and keep the coordinates accessible in the F10 menu (pretty cool feature if you ask me) but that changes in mission 5 and 6 and you have to note then down. Not really an issue but consistency is a good thing 🙂

It is a really good campaign so far and I'm having a lot of fun with it! Can't wait to finish those 3 mission left for me !

Hi Drakeen35.

I corrected takan in the air refueler, and corrected the coordinates 63677 to 93667

координаты.png

танкер.png

• 3 months later...

Hi all. Just thought I would pop back on and let you know Broken Cauldron has been updated again(its up in the user files), probably the last major update! With the help of @Gretsch_Man robo voice overs have been added, which in my opinion are outstandingly well done, and some in mission extras have been added by him as well. I've also done a bit more bug fixing and added some better briefing images. I hope you all enjoy the extra effort we've put into this one and once again hats off to @Gretsch_Man who really went the extra mile to get this campaign updated to where it should be. 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3